IGNORED

Truck plows into crowd in Manhattan, multiple deaths

Rachel333

Looking at Twitter: 45 minutes before this was a school shooting in Downtown Manhattan, and multiple users are reporting gunfire in Lower West Manhattan around the same time (before the truck incident) I wonder if it is all related. It does not matter who executed this attack, it is terrorism. 

It rammed into a school bus. :pb_cry:

I'm watching CNN and they are reporting that this is being treated as a deliberate terrorist attack. Multiple witnesses claim they heard the perpetrator shouting "allahu akbar."

The perpetrator is still alive, so hopefully that means the police can find out a clear motive.

It looks like someone rented a Home Depot truck and hit a school bus but the person is in custody. I hope this is just an isolated incident.

Would've been nice if he had responded that quickly after some other shit. 

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Would've been nice if he had responded that quickly after some other shit. 

Well it looks like the suspect is Muslim. Otherwise I'm sure Trump would have had to wait to hear all the information. :pb_rollseyes:

I have lost count of how many of these situations we have discussed - just over the last year or so.

My heart goes out to everyone affected...

Oh, shit.  Yet another one.  My condolences to all who have lost loved ones and to the families and friends of the injured.

When will this end?  Rhetorical question.

37 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Well it looks like the suspect is Muslim. Otherwise I'm sure Trump would have had to wait to hear all the information. :pb_rollseyes:

Complete with both sides do it bullshit and how there are good people on both sides. 

What does he mean by ‘not in the USA’?

I’m genuinely asking as a non-American. I promise I’m not being rude or snarky. Clearly these types of attack do happen, so I don’t understand his comment. 

Please be kind with me, I could be having a brain fart because I’ve been up sick all night. 

Is it an anti Muslim thing? Anti immigrant? 

6 minutes ago, adidas said:

What does he mean by ‘not in the USA’?

I’m genuinely asking as a non-American. I promise I’m not being rude or snarky. Clearly these types of attack do happen, so I don’t understand his comment. 

Please be kind with me, I could be having a brain fart because I’ve been up sick all night. 

Is it an anti Muslim thing? Anti immigrant? 

I was confused by that too, but I think he meant something along the lines of, "We can't let this happen in our country!"

The country the suspect is from, Uzbekistan, is not on the travel ban list, incidentally.

I’m just reading our news - it says he drove through 20 blocks of bike lanes. I am very thankful the number of victims isn’t a lot higher.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/11/01/06/46/shooting-near-world-trade-centre-site-in-new-york

Sayfull Habibullaevic Saipov drove the rented ute through 20 blocks of bicycle lanes in Lower Manhattan about 3pm local time yesterday (6am this morning AEDT)

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I was confused by that too, but I think he meant something along the lines of, "We can't let this happen in our country!"

The country the suspect is from, Uzbekistan, is not on the travel ban list, incidentally.

Thanks - that makes sense. Glad to know I’m not the only one confused by it. 

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

20 blocks is a really long way, especially in NYC.

That’s what I thought. Maybe the report got the number wrong. Things are often misreported in the early stages of events like these. 

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

The suspect has been identified as 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov of Tampa, Florida. Apparently that's an Uzbek name.

Trump is now being briefed on the fact that Uzbekistan is actually a country.

My local TV station's FB post's comments on this story are so horrific and unsavory .... I cannot believe what I was reading.  I had to close it.

Archived