IGNORED

Jinjer 30: Exploring The Master's Seminary

Coconut Flan

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see JB letting Jeremy get in close enough physical proximity to Jinger to have a family size conference pre- questionnaire. 

But Jeremy would have some decent answers if he used the rationale his mentor Pastor Tim did in the youtube video. It was basically all married couples have a duty to have children if possible. That they should always, always seek God in the matter and not consult worldly friends. But that certain passages meant if a couple could do more good by serving God in ministry than by having kids they could space kids for a time.

The part Jeremy wouldn't share...since a husband loves his wife like jesus loves the church, for her welfare there may be times to stop procreating (illness, being generally wiped out). Generally inexcusable things in Duggar world.

11 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

The part Jeremy wouldn't share...since a husband loves his wife like jesus loves the church, for her welfare there may be times to stop procreating (illness, being generally wiped out). Generally inexcusable things in Duggar world.

See, I think Jim Bob would actually be fine with that reasoning. Like I mentioned before, he always used to say that he left whether they would keep having babies up to Michelle, and I honestly believe him. I'm just not sure what he believes the acceptable methods for preventing pregnancy are in such cases.

I am still conflicted on this questionnaire and whether it's being made a bigger deal than it really was for the show. Or the questions on having children are just a small part and as long as the answer is "yes I want children and will not ask my wife to use BC pills" they get a check mark for that answer. None of the four that were allowed to court and marry a Duggar came from Quiverfull families, and Ben got through without having a real job, despite JB endless droning on about the men providing for the family and not going into debt. Didn't Jill say when she was Skyping with Derick in Nepal that she had a long list of questions for him? If true there had to be some things JB didn't cover that are left for the individual couple to talk about.

I feel like if JB was questioning potential suitors keeping their brand in mind, they are selling themselves as the happy Christian family and have purposely concealed things related to the cult. I can imagine the questionaire being centered around ensuring that potential suitor was brought up Christian (one of the few things all 4 husbands have in common) and that religion played a huge part of their lives currently. 

Are we sure that there is a legitimate questionnaire? If I remember correctly (and I could be completely wrong) that Jill said she wrote up a questionnaire so she could ask the important questions. And if there is a questionnaire, how do we know Jeremy even filled one out? He could have told Jim Bob to go pound sand. If a man stood up to Jim Bob, would he stand his ground, or give in? 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

See, I think Jim Bob would actually be fine with that reasoning. Like I mentioned before, he always used to say that he left whether they would keep having babies up to Michelle, and I honestly believe him. I'm just not sure what he believes the acceptable methods for preventing pregnancy are in such cases.

Yes, I've heard him say that but it doesn't jive with the whole "we'll leave it up to God" line. Who decides, God or Michelle???

5 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Are we sure that there is a legitimate questionnaire? If I remember correctly (and I could be completely wrong) that Jill said she wrote up a questionnaire so she could ask the important questions. And if there is a questionnaire, how do we know Jeremy even filled one out? He could have told Jim Bob to go pound sand. If a man stood up to Jim Bob, would he stand his ground, or give in? 

IIRC, JB's questionnaire only came into usage AFTER Ben. While their timeline is so messed up thatwe will never be sure about it, I think Jill and Derick started video chatting before Ben and Jessa started courtship. So it would make a lot of sense to me for Jill to have her own little questionnaire when there wasn't an official one from her father at that time. 

9 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Yes, we're sure (unless they're all lying). The questionnaire came on the scene after Ben, but apparently the others filled it out. Jeremy specifically talks about filling it out. When what's-her-face (the host of the 'after show') asked if they all passed, she was assured that, yes, they had all passed, otherwise they never would have been allowed to court them.

10 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Yes, we are sure. In, not the most recent "After show" but the one prior to that (hosted by the producers not a separate person), the questionnaire was described by the couples. It was still in development, per se, during the Jessa/Jill courtship era (this might be Jill's "long list of questions" via video chat), Ben and Derick answered questions from JB bit by bit, but Jeremy said he filled the whole thing out and sent it back all at once, 100+ pages. Jessa also mentioned that she appreciated the questionnaire because it allowed her to think about things she might not have considered otherwise, so I imaging that JB does let the girls see the answers at least to some extent. 

6 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Jessa also mentioned that she appreciated the questionnaire because it allowed her to think about things she might not have considered otherwise, so I imaging that JB does let the girls see the answers at least to some extent. 

The edited highlights I should imagine

11 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Jeremy referenced his completed questionnaire in one of those CO "after the show" episodes I watched. I think he even mentioned answering questions in such detail that he received 50 pages but turned in 75, or something.

1 minute ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I'm just trying to image what things he could ask that would take up 50 pages!

He probably requires Scripture to back up each point so it may take room that way

Is Jessa's massive instagram dump of baby photos of Jinger some PA way of getting her "on the baby train?"

10 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

IIRC, JB's questionnaire only came into usage AFTER Ben. While their timeline is so messed up thatwe will never be sure about it, I think Jill and Derick started video chatting before Ben and Jessa started courtship. So it would make a lot of sense to me for Jill to have her own little questionnaire when there wasn't an official one from her father at that time. 

Ben and Jessa started talking and getting to know each other sometime before his 18th birthday (so before May 19, 2013.) They began courting in early September 2013 after someone Ben knows kind of outed them online. 

Jill and Derick spoke once, very briefly, in spring 2013. Derick received the ok to get to know her better in August 2013 (via skype and phone) and they began courting in November (between Erin Paine's wedding on November 2 and Thanksgiving.) 

So there was about a month between the Dills getting to know each other and Benessa announcing their courtship. I only know this because I looked it up for the family summaries I wrote. Lol!

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I thought Jessa seemed supportive of Jinger.  Maybe she is just saying I miss you have happened to have just scanned them?

It's hard to read stuff like that because dysfunctional family dynamics are so weird. Whenever I was on the outs with my maternal family (before I cut them off) they'd definitely post a bunch of cute old pics and make sappy statuses on FB and insta. Text: AWW LOOK HOW CUTE WE WERE. Subtext: This is your family, and we are more important than anything else. Sub-sub-text: People will believe our false narrative happiness over the bitter truth every time. 

So that post definitely made me raise an eyebrow, but I (obviously) have baggage where this kind of thing is concerned. It could have easily been totally innocuous hey I found these old pics in the house today or a hey I miss you and not some loaded message of comply-or-else. 

Who knows? It's not like any of these people are good communicators.

Jessa's post made me raise an eyebrow in a "she's giving extra love to Jinger, so maybe Jinger is trying to get pregnant and so far failing and Joy's pregnancy must be hard on her and she needs extra love" kind of way.

Of course, we'll never know and Jessa has been the queen of passive aggressiveness in the past. Could be support, could be to sway her to have a baby, could just miss her best friend/sister. Who knows. 

16 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Jessa's post made me raise an eyebrow in a "she's giving extra love to Jinger, so maybe Jinger is trying to get pregnant and so far failing and Joy's pregnancy must be hard on her and she needs extra love" kind of way.

I thought the same thing, but I have no evidence to back it up

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

It could have easily been totally innocuous hey I found these old pics in the house today or a hey I miss you and not some loaded message of comply-or-else. 

20 minutes ago, Casserole said:

"she's giving extra love to Jinger, so maybe Jinger is trying to get pregnant and so far failing"

I see it as Jessa projecting her own angst had Joy become pregnant ahead of her because Joy's younger and Jessa was clearly ready for a baby the minute she walked out of the church. Jinger may not be, and may not want more than one or two, but Jessa can't fathom that, so...

12 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

That's what I thought, that it came along after Derick.  Don't remember about Ben, but I don't think Derick had one.

Or maybe Jinger just found out she's pregnant and told Jessa but isn't ready to announce to the world, and Jessa was getting nostalgic looking at baby pictures.

Or maybe they were randomly going through old photos at the TTH and Jessa was missing her bff Jinger and decided to post a bunch of them on Instagram.

I mean, it could quite literally be almost anything, or almost nothing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived