IGNORED

Jinjer 30: Exploring The Master's Seminary

Coconut Flan

Sorry. Just catching up. Re: Who Ben votes for:

I wonder if he's a talker moreso than a doer. I know he was an Obama supporter. My mind would be blown it he voted for Hillary. I would definitely respect him even more if he hat the guts to back up his seemingly radical fundie beliefs.

Also:

I have been wondering lately if Jinjer is aware of this site. If so, I wonder how this affects some of the things they scheme up like the Nike shirt. That was extremely bold. I mean, yikes.

I also wonder how much of this is actually Jinger as opposed to Jeremy's views. I keep coming back to make sure she is fine with it all. Being raised subservient sometimes sets us up for various types of controlling personalities. 

Another part of me concludes that she passively aggressively allows him to take the lead in these venture.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cascarones said:

Fartface was named because he always looks like he just smelled something awful and for a four year old this is irrefutable proof that your face can get stuck that way. Doesn't really fit with Dolly, unless we consider that parts of her face are less mobile these days.

Ha! I really thought you meant his name was Joshua, in keeping with the Dolly theme, just censored for FJ.

17 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Sorry. Just catching up. Re: Who Ben votes for:

I wonder if he's a talker moreso than a doer. I know he was an Obama supporter.

Hold up... Ben was not an Obama supporter. Praying for the president is something they all do, regardless of their support for him. Ben is definitely further to the left than most fundies specifically when it comes to issues surrounding racial equality, but I've never seen him express political support for Obama. Ben is vehemently against abortion, doesn't believe in separation of church and state, etc. Most recently he said that he was neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I don't know for sure that he didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I would be willing to wager a lot of money that he didn't.

6 hours ago, ShoutySpice said:

This is random, but I was watching a few clips of the show on YouTube tonight, and it seems that Jinger's face has cleared up quite a bit since she got married. Could just be that she has more time and money to spend on skincare, but one of the easiest ways for people to clear up acne is birth control.

Sex is good for your skin too, even if you're not on hormonal birth control. Nutrition is also a factor, as @Kangaroo said. And she might have a lower stress level than she did at the TTC. But I think the major difference is just getting older and growing out of the acne phase.

47 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I have been wondering lately if Jinjer is aware of this site. If so, I wonder how this affects some of the things they scheme up like the Nike shirt. That was extremely bold. I mean, yikes.

Perhaps, you know, another theory here; they saw a Nike shirt and Jinger liked it, so they bought it. I have no doubt that they know about the site, but, I don't think that Jinger and Jeremy spend much time on here. It wouldn't be good for Jeremy's ego. 

11 hours ago, cascarones said:

Fartface was named because he always looks like he just smelled something awful and for a four year old this is irrefutable proof that your face can get stuck that way. Doesn't really fit with Dolly, unless we consider that parts of her face are less mobile these days. Fartface and Jolene got adopted together and presumably he got a better name! Dolly and Duncan are together and Reba got eaten by a coyote :(

Lucy: Our kitty was a former Lucy from her adoption paperwork! She didn't respond to it, but it was when she was still feral and simply tracked by her tagged ear.

Hahaha I like her logic. I also want kitty pictures now. And poor Reba! :( :tw_heartbreak:

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Perhaps, you know, another theory here; they saw a Nike shirt and Jinger liked it, so they bought it. I have no doubt that they know about the site, but, I don't think that Jinger and Jeremy spend much time on here. It wouldn't be good for Jeremy's ego. 

The whole Nike thing came from them, not FJ, though, right? Even so, I agree that he probably wasn't trying to make any kind of statement by wearing that shirt.

Re: Ben: I'm pretty sure he said he didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton.

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The whole Nike thing came from them, not FJ, though, right? Even so, I agree that he probably wasn't trying to make any kind of statement by wearing that shirt.

Yes, it came from the Duggars. The girls would say Nike in order to get the guys to look at their shoes, when they saw a hussy. :P 

Look I don't like anything Jeremy thinks or believes.  Period. But, he did Free Jinger in some ways. LOL. Free to wear shirts that say Nike. 

18 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Look I don't like anything Jeremy thinks or believes.  Period. But, he did Free Jinger in some ways. LOL. Free to wear shirts that say Nike. 

Agreed!! He's got some heinous beliefs and I never want to meet him, but he has freed her in a bunch of ways. Taken her out of her family's orbit, encouraged her to read, acknowledged her talents and capabilities, and given her the opportunity to experience married life just the two of them, building a home and enjoying one another's company without rushing into babies (I do think they are purposefully controlling their fertility in some way).

It's still within some pretty bleak parameters, and it's all dependent on him as her headship, but she has achieved a modicum of freedom.

Did I miss my cue? :content:

38 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, it came from the Duggars. The girls would say Nike in order to get the guys to look at their shoes, when they saw a hussy. :P 

Re: Jinger's skin.  Could be that back in Duggarland, things like good face wash were probably seen as a luxury and no way JB was springing for that for 12 teens and preteens.  Jeremy, though, seems image conscious and may have already had it around and introduced Jinger to the benefits of proper facial care.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know for sure that he didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I would be willing to wager a lot of money that he didn't.

You'd win. Ben did say he didn't vote for Clinton the same time he said he didn't vote Trump.

13 hours ago, MathQueen said:

@VineHeart137 I worked with someone years ago whose son was called " Trace" After some time I discovered his nickname was "Tres" (Spanish for "three") i.e.: first name, middle name, last name, the third. Don't know how they spelled it, but it was a cute nickname which passed for a first name.

Oh yes, Will Smith's son is a III and has a similar nickname (His is Trey). This also wouldn't work for me though lol. But it's a clever idea!

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Re: Ben: I'm pretty sure he said he didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton.

Re: Ben

Okay, I'll check to see where he said that. I know he has supported Obama but probably decided against this current political climate.

Re: Nike 

Yes, the Nike code word was mentioned in one of their books.

Jeremy did not wear the shirt. Jinger did. She was also sporting some lovely throwback Jordans. It's so good to see her creativity in fashion and photography.

They probably weren't making a statement. However, they had to know the implications regarding her family rules of choosing a shirt with the logo emblazzed across the front. I like that she decided to wear it anyhow.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Sex is good for your skin too, even if you're not on hormonal birth control. Nutrition is also a factor, as @Kangaroo said. And she might have a lower stress level than she did at the TTC. But I think the major difference is just getting older and growing out of the acne phase.

She's also not caking on the fake bake lotion and make up like she was.  Her skin has a chance to breath.  Add to that she has a better diet, and probably a better hygiene routine, i.e. no sharing a bathroom and supplies with 8 other people. It is easy to buy goo facial cleanser when there is only 1 or 2 of you who need it vs 18 who do. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben started identifying as one of those centrist/libertarian types. I'm seeing a lot of conservative dudes who want to distance themselves from Trump, the alt-right & white nationalists move toward that label, while maintaining the same political stance they did before.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Hold up... Ben was not an Obama supporter. Praying for the president is something they all do, regardless of their support for him. Ben is definitely further to the left than most fundies specifically when it comes to issues surrounding racial equality, but I've never seen him express political support for Obama. Ben is vehemently against abortion, doesn't believe in separation of church and state, etc. Most recently he said that he was neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I don't know for sure that he didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I would be willing to wager a lot of money that he didn't.

I have family members that are far right on those very issues. Those are typical christian stances. They still vote democrat often. People have nuances.  Can you name any other Duggar or large fundie family (in the spotlight) that has openly posted about Obama in name and face (not in a round about way)? It is one thing to pray for a leader, it is another to use a public platform to support their ideology.

I don't know about the rest.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived