IGNORED

Jinjer 30: Exploring The Master's Seminary

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

A 50 pages questionnaire? No one is worth it that much. I would totally quit after page 1, lol!

Those boys must really want Duggar Girl money and/or to get laid. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Were you purposely called the wrong name because the people in question thought your actual name was stupid, low-class, funny, or wrong? If so, and you weren't bothered by it, then congratulations - that was your experience. It still doesn't make it right.

@singsingsing, yes in some cases.  But we don't know if people are using the G on purpose or if it is autocorrection.  My phone tries to correct Duggar as Digger half  the time.  I would hate to think that an autocorrect or typo is now going to be called out as being hateful and insensitive.   I prefer to save my rancor for other things.  But as I said,  This was my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

r, je suis she is now a grown woman who identifies herself as Jinger. Think about how demeaning it would be if people just decided that your name was 'unacceptable' to them for whatever reason and started calling you something else that they deemed 'better'. That's really not cool.

Folks do that a lot with my birth name. For some reason they do it more if they realise it irritates. 

On 9/1/2017 at 6:46 AM, prayawaythefundie said:

IIRC, JB's questionnaire only came into usage AFTER Ben. While their timeline is so messed up thatwe will never be sure about it, I think Jill and Derick started video chatting before Ben and Jessa started courtship. So it would make a lot of sense to me for Jill to have her own little questionnaire when there wasn't an official one from her father at that time. 

Seeing as Silly Jilly Dilly was the most favorite daughter I would not be surprised if she did not create the questionnaire for JB  and Jichelle.  Either that or after they saw what the precious one had done on her own decided to use it because Jilly was wise, mature and responsible with her heart. ROTFLMAO!!11!!!11!! That may be how Bin made the cut. He had already nabbed a piece or 2 of  Jessa's heart so they allowed him to continue so pieces of her heart were not given away to the man other than the one she married.

I'm anal about spelling names correctly, mainly because I have a common name with an uncommon (in the US) spelling.

I think JB might need to redo the questionnaire.  Derick is turning out to be a big mistake.  Ben, listens to rap music, and didn't vote for Trump, and is enrolled in actual college classes.  Jeremy is not following the plan either and doesn't seem to be all that impressed with JB.  

Not sure about Austin yet, as we don't know him well enough yet. 

I would really love to see the in laws, completed subvert JB and M.  I know this is really bad of me, but I want JB to lose his power over these kids.  I want him to see his philosophy fail.  I want he and Michelle to see their children reject the way they were raised. I want JB and Michelle to have awareness that they suck as parents and have to live with that for awhile.  I don't wish them illness or pain, just awareness and insight.  I would like for them to apologize to their daughters for making them raise their siblings, and apologize to the middle and younger groups for shirking their parenting duties and to acknowledge they messed up with the Josh situation, including going to to Anna and telling her that it is their fault that Josh is such a shit and not hers.  Let Anna off the hook, offer to set her up and cover her children's expenses so she can leave Josh if she wants to. 

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm anal about spelling names correctly, mainly because I have a common name with an uncommon (in the US) spelling.

Hmm... Katharine? Mari? Vivienne? Sofia? Ana? Alison? Giulia? Elisabeth? Rebekah?

j/k I'm not trying to stalk you, I swear, just having fun guessing common names with less common spellings in the states that might be more common elsewhere. :P 

14 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I think JB might need to redo the questionnaire.  Derick is turning out to be a big mistake.  Ben, listens to rap music, and didn't vote for Trump, and is enrolled in actual college classes.  Jeremy is not following the plan either and doesn't seem to be all that impressed with JB. 

Wait, really?! How do we know that? Who did he vote for? Did he write in Cruz or Santorum...?

on the previous thread someone had a screenshot from his IG, where he said he didn't vote for trump of Clinton, but didn't say who he voted for

Now I really want to know who Ben voted for.  Can't really see him going third party with Johnson or Stein.  Unless he wrote in Grumpy Cat like one of my clients (I wish I was lying).

Since Ben and Jeremy appear to be pretty close, do you think they share the same political beliefs and would not sell them out to vote for Trump, or just Ben?

2 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Since Ben and Jeremy appear to be pretty close, do you think they share the same political beliefs and would not sell them out to vote for Trump, or just Ben?

Hard to say. A lot of white evangelicals twisted their brains (and consciences) into pretzels to justify voting for Trump, so I wouldn't really be surprised if Jeremy was one of them.

It sort of makes sense with Ben's independent streak on immigration (let in syrian refugees) and race (mentioning racism when many far right fundies were chanting blue lives matter and saying blm is a hate group) that he didn't like Trump. (Not saying Ben is an anti racist activist checking his white privilege or anything...but a bit more aware than the average fundie). Jeremy though hasn't shown any of that iirc. He toes the line on most Christian right issues, just in trendier clothing.

Well. It is my opinion and has been from day one that they are using birth control.

The pastor Jeremy mentored under and claimed as a second father figure believes in birth control and each couple having a family size according to their own understanding of what is best for them.

Jeremy is dedicated to further his understanding of scriptures and is  continuously learning. This can be used as an advantage to benefit both he and jinger in future decisions and including birth control. 

People grow and change  all the time.  They always use the term "growing in the Lord", and he can say that's what they have done.

If they phrase things right, and use "we feel that this is what the Lord wants for us", quite frankly Jimbob can't say much to oppose it, otherwise he risks looking like a fool, discrediting God, and Jeremy and Jinger's  ability to find God's will for their lives.

Besides they are hobnobbing with the elite preachers of the SBC, that probably intimidates Jimbob. What's he got on them? Nothing. And he knows it.

I agree that I think Jeremy intimidates JB.  I think Jeremy could talk circles around JB on theology etc.  Not that Jeremy is some divinity genius as I believe he misinterprets things and swallows a lot of really ridiculous bullshit manufactured theology, but he can still out think JB.  And I keep going back to Jeremy's soccer career.  Jeremy has some experience with negotiating contracts.  Even though he was never a huge soccer star, he still had contracts to sign and understands how that works.  I think this helped him when he was getting ready to be officially on the show.  Jeremy tightly controls his image.  He would never allow himself to be led by a necktie like JB did to Ben during Jill's wedding.  He would never allow himself to be filmed being oriented to being JB's toilet cleaning trainee like we saw with Ben. 

Jeremy is a full grown man, He comes from a background where being competitive is rewarded.  He has traveled and I think even lived internationally.  He has been in a high pressure position as a goalie.  Even if he wasn't a top pro goalie he still had to be a decent athlete to play at the college level and then get drafted for pro.  Jimbob and his schemes are not going to impress Jeremy. 

I hate Jeremy's beliefs and his take on religion is gross.  But, I enjoy seeing him barely tolerate JB and I would love to see more of that.  If JB is going to be on the show, I would enjoy seeing Jeremy just blowing him off, to his face.  Remember when JB and M visited Laredo with Jinger and Jimbob did that whole "you might need another job to support my daughter' and then dissed Jeremy's apartment? 

I just don't think Jeremy would stand for that kind of thing now.  Jinger seems to be clearly bonded to Jeremy and they are popular with the fans.  SO Jeremy doesn't need to get in line with JB.  He needs to do the bare minimum to keep peace in the family and that is it.    If JB ever asked why they aren't pregnant yet, I think  Jeremy would have no qualms at telling him that he is out of line for asking and that it is up to he and Jinger to decide, with God's blessing of course. 

8 hours ago, calimojo said:

I would really love to see the in laws, completed subvert JB and M.  I know this is really bad of me, but I want JB to lose his power over these kids.  I want him to see his philosophy fail.  I want he and Michelle to see their children reject the way they were raised. I want JB and Michelle to have awareness that they suck as parents and have to live with that for awhile.  I don't wish them illness or pain, just awareness and insight.  I would like for them to apologize to their daughters for making them raise their siblings, and apologize to the middle and younger groups for shirking their parenting duties and to acknowledge they messed up with the Josh situation, including going to to Anna and telling her that it is their fault that Josh is such a shit and not hers.  Let Anna off the hook, offer to set her up and cover her children's expenses so she can leave Josh if she wants to. 

Soooooo much this.

I also want to see Kim Jong Boob and J'Chelle also forced to realise that when you become a parent, you are raising an individual person with each child, not Robot #1, Robot #6, Robot #9, Robot #15, Robot #19. Each of those kids is a unique individual person of their own but they were basically raised as part of The J'Army army of kids, rather than treated as their own person.  And the idea of successful parenting is to raise kids who can be self functioning, independent adults (of course, I understand this can be different with high special needs kids) and part of that can mean that your children grow up to have some different ideas and beliefs than you.....and that doesn't make someone a failure of a parent at all. Kim Jong Boob and J'Uterus seem to measure their success as parents by how well they continue impose their beliefs on ADULT children. Jill and Jessa were adult women when courting.....and still treated like 15 year old teenagers, it was troubling. 

My phone often autocorrects in a really ridiculous way. In fact, just in that previous sentence it decided to write phongosh instead of phone. What the heck is a phongosh?

I remember my mother in law starting off a conversation with 'If you guys are serious, I have a very important question I need to ask you'

Cue me wetting myself. But her question was only 'you're aware I have a strict no refunds or returns policy'. I couldn't imagine a legit questionnaire. 1 page or 100 pages. 

With the Jinger/Ginger thing. I'm sure it's not new for her. My name is Sarah and you wouldn't believe how many variations on spelling I get. Even from my own granny. 

Just have to say I have spent so much time reading on FJ that seeing it spelled as  "Ginger" now looks very strange to me :jawdrop:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived