IGNORED

Jinjer 30: Exploring The Master's Seminary

Coconut Flan

A 50 pages questionnaire? No one is worth it that much. I would totally quit after page 1, lol!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jim Bob didn't already have a questionnaire before Derick  I can see how Derick could prompt him to make 50 pages worth of questions.  Gotta weed that crazy out  next time!

In the spirit of full disclosure, my mind immediately thought "Jinger's newly pregnant" when I saw Jessa's IG post.  But I tend to jump to wild conclusions so carry on...

2 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

In the spirit of full disclosure, my mind immediately thought "Jinger's newly pregnant" when I saw Jessa's IG post.  But I tend to jump to wild conclusions so carry on...

I'll admit mine too, and I think, like Jessa, if she is then she'll wait to announce rather than when the pee hasn't even dried on the stick

I am sure the couples have opportunity to speak without being overheard whith their chaperones present. If they felt comfortable enough to speak about private or "controversial" stuff stands on another page. I also don't believe the chaperones are to give a detailed report to JB (although I wouldn't put it past him). My understanding was that they are there to make sure nothing "inappropriate" happens. You can do that from two metres behind.

In my opinion there is a BIG difference between implying to want to have many children (because leaving it up to god can mean many things) or not use any BC while secretly knowing you would definitely prevent or knowing you would prefer to wait but be wiling to discuss this with your partner.

We have actually no idea how any of them really feel about having hundreds of children because in the Duggar family there is only one answer to be given. Maybe JinJer found out that they are on the same page. Maybe one gave in. Maybe they try, maybe they prevent. I just hope it is not infertility because I don't wish any of them to suffer.

I have a friend who is a ultra othodox Jew.  Her daughter was married after being properly introduced by a matchmaker.  They had 8 dates before they agreed to marry, a total of 12 before the ceremony and this was considered very liberal in this community. The culture of purity in this community is strong, all dates must be public and most are in a group.   Pressure is there for early marriage, with the expectation of immediate pregnancy.  

In a community where it is not uncommon to have more than 10 kids they were able to discuss and say that wasn't what they wanted, but a smaller one of  6 ish. Groom was one of 14 and did not want that life of poverty and turmoil.

So I believe that Jinger and Jeremy had time and opportunity to discuss this. From their beginning interview they gave each  other the look when asked about plans for kids.  How strictly was their conversation monitered, the kids were there to narc on physical contact.  There is also a big difference between actively charting ovulation and trying to get pregnant and using the chart to avoid procreative sex on fertile days. .   Also Jeremy may not believe in the Duggar monthly abstinence which in many  women permits sex to be resumed  around the time of ovulation with a high sperm buildup in the man.

Anyway Jeremy could say without lying to Boob he wanted a houseful of kids, that could mean  to him 3 kids in a 4 bedroom house.  He could say that it was up to Jinger knowing her thoughts on it.  

7 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I wonder which one of us is over estimating? You for Jessa's happiness and me for Jessa's passive aggressiveness. :pb_lol: 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Also Jeremy may not believe in the Duggar monthly abstinence which in many  women permits sex to be resumed  around the time of ovulation with a high sperm buildup in the man.

I keep seeing it mentioned on FJ but I don't remember the Duggars saying that they follow this particular orthodox rule. Yes, they do abstain after the birth of a baby but they never mentioned abstaining until after going to the Mikva (ritual bath) after every period. I think they only abstain during menstruation but then go about their business. They only appropriate certain aspects of Judaism but not all.

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I keep seeing it mentioned on FJ but I don't remember the Duggars saying that they follow this particular orthodox rule. Yes, they do abstain after the birth of a baby but they never mentioned abstaining until after going to the Mikva (ritual bath) after every period. I think they only abstain during menstruation but then go about their business. They only appropriate certain aspects of Judaism but not all.

They abstain for 7 days After the period ends. Or so i think to recall. They are fucking nuts

42 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

They abstain for 7 days After the period ends. Or so i think to recall. They are fucking nuts

That is what I recall too.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder which one of us is over estimating? You for Jessa's happiness and me for Jessa's passive aggressiveness. :pb_lol: 

Yeah, my thought when I first saw Jessa's post is that she's trying remind Jinger where she comes from and who her family really is. Those pictures are super cute though. 

It seems to me Jinger is a might less hasty to post things in general.  She also knows her family, I would think especially Jessa.  And with those two things together, when Jinjer is pregnant, Jinjer will announce.  They are more private and that is ok by me. 

I was wondering if Jessa was doing the slide show of baby pictures for Joe's wedding (next weekend?) and just happened to come across a bunch of pictures of Jinger.

I thought the chaperoning was merely a line of sight, stay in view of your chaperones. I certainly hope so, my first boyfriend was a Mennonite widower and while technically we were supposed to stay visible, we were encouraged to speak privately and pray together, the younger crowd didn't care at all when we did group stuff. At my grandmother's there was a very convenient spot in the pear trees where we could stand and it was obvious no hanky panky was going on, but the branches obscured it enough for lip fellowship. I don't actually know if that was a Mennonite thing or my cousin having a baby at 15 (we're the same age) thing. There was a certain thrill in those sneaky kisses, mr. cascarones will not waver on his belief that it wasn't JinJer's first kiss at the wedding, but I don't think he gets the weight of purity on these girls.

Jessa seems to be the most sentimental of the girls, especially in regards to Jinger. If I recall, they're 13 or so months apart. Are they the closest two in age (minus twins)?

2 minutes ago, cascarones said:

Jessa seems to be the most sentimental of the girls, especially in regards to Jinger. If I recall, they're 13 or so months apart. Are they the closest two in age (minus twins)?

Second closest, I think. Jordyn and Josie are less than a year apart.

I've always gotten the sense that Jessa misses Jinger a lot more than Jinger misses Jessa. I think that tends to happen fairly often when one sibling moves far away and the other sticks close to home.

If we assume that JinJer are doing some NFP,  I honestly don't think Jessa would care.  I think she supports Jinger.  She was  aware that JinJer wanted time alone in Laredo, She defended her against the intrusive questions by Jill and Joy and she played "bad guy' to Jeremy when they were redecorating his apartment because she was advocating for what Jinger wanted but Jinger was too passive to speak up.  She also is the one who helped match Jeremy with Jinger, so I really do see her as advocating for Jinger.   

I think if Jinger  were to take a stand in someway that was very different from their beliefs, then Jessa would object.  Like if Jinger were to suddenly become pro-choice, or openly embraced marriage equality, etc.  But we all know that is not going to happen.

I think there is a good chance that Jessa knows that much of the gothard stuff is bull shit.  I don't think she cares that Jinger wears pants, or that Ben listens to rap music, or that Jeremy might, on occasion sip on some wine.  I think Jessa is strategic about how she lives her life.  Right now, with Ben in school, free help with the kids by Jana and the other sisters at home, JB employing Ben, the TV show, etc,  Jessa is strategically opting to be the younger generation's embodiment of the family.    She has her needs met,  she is comfortable with the lifestyle, and she gains financial stability and moves into the role as kind of the 'star' of the show.

Just to be clear, when I say she knows some of the Gothard stuff is BS, I am talking about things like the dress code, and some of the odd rules.  She already doesn't follow some of them by listening to contemporary Christian Music, Letting Spurge have that long hair, letting him dance and not, obviously anyway, using Pearl methods.  And she seems to be more open to some pop culture stuff like some TV Shows, etc.

We all marvel at Jinger wearing pants, but in some ways, Jessa has done more substantive changes. Her essential beliefs probably haven't changed, but I think the rigid adherence to the child rearing rules, and restrictions on Music and pop culture, etc show some progress. 

Just a quick note on something that's been bothering me lately. I'm hoping it's unintentional or autocorrect, but I'm seeing some people write Ginger instead of Jinger. If it's intentional, I find it really disrespectful and rude. 

Well it does get autocorrected a LOT to Ginger... and if people are hurrying to respond they may not catch it. Just sayin/

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

That is what I recall too.

I thought it was, they explained that they only abstained during Michelle's period, and then something about "not having that special thing for 7 days makes it even more worth it afterwards" lol, meaning the first 7 days of her cycle, not period+7. that's just my memory haha, but i do specifically recall the number 7 being given xD

I think it is an accident, but if people do it on purpose it is meant as more of a dig at JB and M for their ridiculous J name thing and not a dig at Jinger. 

And it is no different that when people call Derick, Dwreck, or combine names like JinJer, DerJill, or the many  names we have for JB and M.   

Like I said, I hope it is an accident! I just see it a lot in a passive aggressive, usually classist, way. Like people purposefully spelling unique names the "right" way to show they consider that particular name to be low class, if that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

Like I said, I hope it is an accident! I just see it a lot in a passive aggressive, usually classist, way. Like people purposefully spelling unique names the "right" way to show they consider that particular name to be low class, if that makes sense. 

Right. I mean, okay, I personally hate all the various insulting nicknames that get thrown around here (except for Pecan Thief, that one is golden), but it's not really the same. When people call Derick 'Dwreck', for example, they're expressing their negative opinion of the guy. Calling Jinger 'Ginger' (on purpose) is just outright disrespectful for no reason. Doesn't matter if you think the name is 'stupid', or if JB and Michelle were the ones who named her, she is now a grown woman who identifies herself as Jinger. Think about how demeaning it would be if people just decided that your name was 'unacceptable' to them for whatever reason and started calling you something else that they deemed 'better'. That's really not cool.

I have been called the wrong name most of my life.  My name is somewhat unique but similar to a common name.  Guess what?  Did not scar me in the least. 

If Jinger were to be reading on here, I doubt she would be too upset about spelling her name with a G.  She might, however, be bothered by pages and pages speculating she is infertile, or that she is under the control of Jeremy or that Jeremy had an agenda to seek fame and fortune and selected a meek easy to manipulate young bride as part of his nefarious scheming. 

In other words,  There are things to get upset about and there are things to just move on from.  For me the name thing is an non-starter.  I realize, however, that not everyone will agree with me. 

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

I have been called the wrong name most of my life.  My name is somewhat unique but similar to a common name.  Guess what?  Did not scar me in the least. 

Were you purposely called the wrong name because the people in question thought your actual name was stupid, low-class, funny, or wrong? If so, and you weren't bothered by it, then congratulations - that was your experience. It still doesn't make it right.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived