IGNORED

Trump 19: Please Cry for Us Montenegro (and We Are so Sorry!)

Destiny

It appears Trump has given the most awful of NC's evangelical's the nerve to be more public with their terrible beliefs. 

We can start with North Carolina's Pastors Network which has put up this sign:

Spoiler

56888243.jpg?t=1495735380

They have, from what I have seen, totally refused to discuss how the Muslim Ban wouldn't have prevented 9/11 since it doesn't target the countries those terrorists came from. 

And then a Baptist church put this on their church sign:

Spoiler

sign_1496802217324_9678762_ver1.0.PNG?pr

There has been a lot of backlash since this appears to be very racist. They also aren't apologizing. They say they will pray for folks who got offended. :pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost 14.30 here in rainy Scotland. The TV has been on for an hour. We are glued. We also have to go and cast our votes in today's General Election. Today feels quite surreal. 

Thinking about all FJrs in the USA today, and sending hugs.:romance-grouphug:

8 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

It's almost 14.30 here in rainy Scotland. The TV has been on for an hour. We are glued. We also have to go and cast our votes in today's General Election. Today feels quite surreal. 

Thinking about all FJrs in the USA today, and sending hugs.:romance-grouphug:

Awwww, thank you!  I'll send you some hot and humid from Texas, unless you like cool, rainy days in June.  The MSM here in the US are simply wetting themselves with anticipation of the Comey hearing. 

I've got bagels, iced tea, and a sewing project to keep my hands busy while I listen to PBS. Let's get this party started! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

13 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Back to the trumpcare. It looks like the Senate will vote on June 28th. They are basically trying to pull the same crap as the house. This twitter thread explains everything, just click the tweet and read all the way through. 

My oldest child is special needs and I'm pretty sure my youngest has the same condition although he hasn't been diagnosed yet.  I'm considering trying to do the occupational therapy myself to avoid the diagnosis going on his medical record.  There isn't much I can do about my oldest child now.  What's done is done, but I can at least attempt to save my youngest's ability to be insured as an adult by avoiding a diagnosis and thus handing insurance companies a pre-existing condition.  It's sad that I have to even consider doing this just so he can get medical care in the future.  Lord knows what people with worse conditions will do when this passes.  I'm seriously considering looking for a job in another country just so my kids can get medical care.  The U.S. has turned into a shit country where people would rather watch others die painful deaths or struggle through life with debilitating disabilities than part with a few extra dollars.

Childless, sending you big hugs.

Although the medical care #1 required was available, we couldn't  access it because his condition is very rare and no one believed us. We have had to FIO his records to ensure that his condition doesn't stop future employers/ insurance policy's etc don't deny him his rights.

Our medical care is free at point of contact through the NHS but sadly we have had to pay ££s privately to be able to access the treatment he required/requires when the need arrives. 

Having young people with chronic a condition is horrible.  I hope the situation can be sorted for your child soon.

Best wishes.

25 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I've got bagels, iced tea, and a sewing project to keep my hands busy while I listen to PBS. Let's get this party started! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I just gotta find a popcorn popper big enough to pop all this corn. 

corn.png.08f1825ecd9cd2b7ebb533c7dbe55d6b.png

Where are we talking about it? Here, or the Russian thread?

Morning to all, things are moving so fast on this thread, it's hard to keep up. It's on the telly in front of me but for a while there I had to look  away because every time I see Burr I'm reminded that he happened on my watch in NC. Ugh. My current senator, Graham was on CBS morning. Lol. Boy, does he hate Trump! Best part, and I can't directly quote, but he said he doubts Trump colluded with Russia because he can't even collude with his own party. Burn. 

Here I think. Things sure are interesting! He just said that after the first meeting he knew TT might lie. Hence the notes.

Yes, and @fraurosena, are you getting the impression that at times, Comey was more than a little intimidated? He's used the word "shocked" a couple of times. And I'm also getting, no surprise, that he was afraid that giving the info to certain people would insure that it would disappear.

Wow, Comey just admitted that Pence knew about Flynn! 

I'm typing on my phone so can't answer quickly btw, will react after the testimony with all my thoughts.

14 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Back to the trumpcare.

Andy Slavitt's pinned tweet listing all the potential ways citizens are going to lose coverage and/or pay significantly more for [possibly reduced] coverage is sobering.  I think things are going to get worse before they get better.  Too bad that's the only way we seem to learn, as a nation.  Our extended family has all been perking along with adequate and affordable health care.  It's scary not to know what the future brings.  My mom and mother-in-law, both elderly widows, are already having difficulties stretching their tiny incomes.  Cuts are going to be devastating.

1.  It's interesting that the hearing is being shown in foreign countries.  The only times I can think of foreign issues being aired live on American TV, British royalty were getting married.  And Princess Diana's funeral.  But never anything dealing with foreign governments.

2.  If Trump does get impeached, and Comey stated that Pence was aware of Flynn's involvement, could Pence also get impeached?

3.  No tweets Yet!  I wonder if he was given a time-out.

25 minutes ago, JMarie said:

2.  If Trump does get impeached, and Comey stated that Pence was aware of Flynn's involvement, could Pence also get impeached?

According to Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution of the United States, the President, Vice President, and "all civil officers" are eligible for impeachment, provided that the articles of impeachment charge the impeached with a "High crime or misdemeanor".  (I have a copy of the Constitution saved on my tablet, BTW.)

I have the tablet and my knitting in front of me, but no popcorn (as much as I should have some).  Oh well.  This will have to do.  :popcorn2::popcorn::popcorn2:

I will say the Bush era gave a rise to people leaving Christianity, I wonder if a Trump presidency will have similar effects.

McCain is an idiot! Going on about Hillary and confusing two separate investigations. Ugh!

Jesus, is McCain senile?  He can't understand the difference between the investigation into Clinton's use of a personal email server and Russia's interference in the election.

McCain is an idiot!

@fraurosena I had just typed the above when your post came in - and you said EXACTLY what I was about to say - one is emails, one is Russia! Getting a bit senile, I think......

He was also quite confused about who the current president is. He kept referring to Comey as president.

Has anyone seen the live tweets from Dunce junior defending his poor, poor daddy?

Here's an example:

As usual, the comments are worth reading too.

1 minute ago, sawasdee said:

@fraurosena No - I don't tweet1 Can you post a precis?

I just added it to my post. :wink-kitty:

Here are two others:

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived