IGNORED

Bria Crawford was pregnant and had the baby

Hisey

@singsingsing, I'v always called my aunts and uncles "Aunt Her Name" and "Uncle His Name". My siblings and I never used Auntie. We also called our grandparents "Grandma and Grandpa A." and "Grandma and Grandpa B."; we never used any other versions, like the examples above.

My nieces and nephew had 3 sets of grandparents, because their dad's parents are divorced and remarried. So they ended up using "Grandma and Papa B.", "Grandma Her First Name and Grandpa His First Name", and "Granny Her First Name and Grandpa His First Name". It makes it easy to tell which grandparent they'e talking about, and everyone seems okay with his or her title.

My mom made a real point of us not referring to adults by just a first name or just a last name. Sometime in my teens, adults would tell me to use just their first name, but if it's someone I've known for years, like my parents' next door neighbor, I have a really hard time not saying "Mrs. Smith". 

Sorry. Long answer to a short question. :pb_lol:

On 11/4/2017 at 9:38 AM, acheronbeach said:

Lizzy Bennet?  Er...no.  If Bria was an Austen character, she'd be Harriet Smith from Emma.  Bria's pretty and seems nice enough, but she's  incredibly dim. 

Yes, she is dim, and honestly, I don't know why Kelly brags about her homeschooling. She has two adult kids and none of them seems to be setting the world afire, professionally. Bria cleaned houses and worked at a daycare. Ashton (who has moved off the farm at 18) works for his dad in construction. How is this better than public school? Plenty of the same-age public schooled kids have gone off to college, where they have at least the possibility of a stable, professional career.

I remember one of her readers wrote in about young men finding jobs when they were finished homeschooling. Kelly snootily wrote back that she "hoped for better things" for her own sons. She meant she expected her boys to be entrepeneurs. What a snob! She needs to let the 3-4 teenagers in her house go out and get jobs and start saving money for cars and apartments. They'd learn so much. Too bad she thinks they are too good for that.

I call my aunt's and uncles by their first names. All my grandparents had unique names. Need, papaw, pawpaw, memee...  sometimes I'll call my aunt, "auntie if I'm in a particularly silly mood. But we never used those titles growing up. 

On 11/4/2017 at 7:58 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I can't be sarcastic when it comes to Kelly. She's a cold-hearted bitch who thinks bad things happen to people who deserve it. Of course when bad things happen to her, it's a blessing. Case in point: She called a tornado outbreak that killed ~250 people in Alabama a blessing. Another one: My cousin* who died of breast cancer deserved it. Fuck her!

*My cousins live in the same town in Alabama as the Crawfords, but I don't personally know them or want to.

Oh my! "My cousin* who died of breast cancer deserved it. Fuck her!" 

Backstory needed! :'( So sad for your family!

1 hour ago, BobJonesBabe said:

Oh my! "My cousin* who died of breast cancer deserved it. Fuck her!" 

Backstory needed! :'( So sad for your family!

Backstory please? If you feel it's appropriate and want to share.

My cousin's ex-husband's family were sort of into VF at one time. One day she was around a group of other women with Kelly, and the topic of breast cancer came up. My cousin mentioned her cancer, and Kelly stated that women get breast and "female" cancers as punishment for sexual sins and deserve it.

She's a hypocritical bitch. But you know what? I would not wish cancer or another tornado on her or her family. I would not withhold food, clothing, shelter, or medical care from her or her family. But she would. Fuck her!

Archived