IGNORED

Bria Crawford was pregnant and had the baby

Hisey

I can't read what the onesie says, anyone else?  You could see the outline of a bump after she got up.  

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

(note the bicycles hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen)

I looked closely.  It's the bottom of a curved chandelier.  We have one similar over our dining table.  That post brings up something that's interesting.  

We are completely over the moon even though admittedly, it’s hard to get used to calling myself a grandmother! For now, I plan to be called, “Lovey.”

There are so many names for grandmothers; some are regional, others are specific to certain families.  Examples off the top of my head: Mamaw, Memaw, Mimi, M'Dear. 

Bitch get over yourself! You are going to be a granny! Get used to it!

14 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Bitch get over yourself! You are going to be a granny! Get used to it!

She is looking very old and drawn lately.

My goodness, if I was expecting my first grandchild, the last thing I'd do is make it all about me and my vanity.

My mistakes about the bicycles. I should've looked closer. A chandelier makes a lot more sense.

Well 11 kids will do that to you right? Not to mention her husband's medical issues and their constant financial stress. I sure was hoping they would wait. He isn't even out of undergrad yet and they are constantly listing various part time jobs as younger people do ( I sure had my fair share) but the difference is I wasn't married, trying to afford college and beyond with a wife who is pregnant. 

13 hours ago, Hisey said:

My goodness, if I was expecting my first grandchild, the last thing I'd do is make it all about me and my vanity.

Thank you.  Her daughter is in the midst of a life changing moment, and Kelly's first thought is to try to cook up a name that won't make her sound like the grandmother she's going to be.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lovey?!?!? 

Is she fucking Mrs. Thurston Howell on Gilligan's Island?!?!

Nah, she stole that one from Kris Jenner.

3 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Nah, she stole that one from Kris Jenner.

Oh wow that's even worse! I can't stand when women have a severe aversion to the word grandmother/grandma. It's the correct term! It's like not wanting to be called Aunt or Mom.

Hey, Kelly. You had a baby at 21, you refused to send her to college, you pushed for an early marriage (even wrote a post on it), you taught her not to use birth control. .. and now you are feeling old because you are a grandma? what did you expect would happen?

For those who are interested, Bria and her hubby Kyle have a blog called REAL. 

https://breal3.wordpress.com/

It is as smug as you might expect Bria's blog to be. I enjoyed reading the self-satisfied post about how Bria's best friend had been corresponding with a guy (Kyle) for months, then she and Bria go to meet him at a party, and he takes a liking to Bria. Instead of acting like a gentleman and waiting till after the party to express an interest in Bria, Kyle ditches the friend and hangs out with Bria all night. I'm sure that made Bria's best friend feel wonderful. Bria and Kyle are like, isn't this a lovely story?

Bria likes to compare herself to Lizzie in Pride and Prejudice, but I feel pretty confident Lizzie would not have done the same to Charlotte.

Then Bria writes another post about how she doesn't have any friends anymore! Yes, I'm sure it's all their fault, Bria, they are just too immature to appreciate you.

11 hours ago, Hisey said:

Hey, Kelly. You had a baby at 21, you refused to send her to college, you pushed for an early marriage (even wrote a post on it), you taught her not to use birth control. .. and now you are feeling old because you are a grandma? what did you expect would happen?

I was just about to say the same thing!! I'm really flabbergasted by this one - unless it's a push to get a ton of compliments, along the lines of "but you look like SISTERS!" etc etc?

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

I was just about to say the same thing!! I'm really flabbergasted by this one - unless it's a push to get a ton of compliments, along the lines of "but you look like SISTERS!" etc etc?

Me, too. It seems like it would be more "Kelly-ish" to flaunt the G Word, hoping that everyone would exclaim, "B-b-but... You can't possibly be a grandmother!" 

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh wow that's even worse! I can't stand when women have a severe aversion to the word grandmother/grandma. It's the correct term! It's like not wanting to be called Aunt or Mom.

When my niece was younger (around 7-8ish), she & I were walking through a local grocery store. She asked what she could call me. I told her that my name is always fine, but what I treasure the most is being called Auntie (& not many people can do that besides herself & my bff's kids). So, at the ripe old age of 19, she still calls me Auntie (or some version of it, not to mention the silly nicknames we have for each other). I love it. :my_heart:

I can understand feeling weird about the concept of your child having a child, but you don't have to be douchey about it. (And when I say "you", I meant this Kelly lady. I'm honestly not familiar with her family or her shenanigans, so I'll need to dig in and see what's what.) 

• 7 months later...

For those of you who still follow Kelly, her daughter Bria had a baby boy, Oliver, a few days ago. Kelly wants to be called "Lovey" because "Grandma" sounds too old. Since I am assuming she'll stay home with the baby, I wonder if this means the end of her husband's plans for medical school.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

For those of you who still follow Kelly, her daughter Bria had a baby boy, Oliver, a few days ago. Kelly wants to be called "Lovey" because "Grandma" sounds too old. Since I am assuming she'll stay home with the baby, I wonder if this means the end of her husband's plans for medical school.

Thanks! I saw that she had the baby but hadn't seen the name.

I thought she was having a girl. Oh well, my cousins don't talk much about the Crawfords anymore (thank Rufus).

Just now, RosyDaisy said:

I thought she was having a girl. Oh well, my cousins don't talk much about the Crawfords anymore (thank Rufus).

That's what had been reported but the name is on Kelly's FB.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

When my niece was younger (around 7-8ish), she & I were walking through a local grocery store. She asked what she could call me. I told her that my name is always fine, but what I treasure the most is being called Auntie (& not many people can do that besides herself & my bff's kids). So, at the ripe old age of 19, she still calls me Auntie (or some version of it, not to mention the silly nicknames we have for each other). I love it. :my_heart:

I can understand feeling weird about the concept of your child having a child, but you don't have to be douchey about it. (And when I say "you", I meant this Kelly lady. I'm honestly not familiar with her family or her shenanigans, so I'll need to dig in and see what's what.) 

I LOVE being called "Auntie -------". The kids of one of my sisters just uses my first name, but the kids of my other sister all refer to me as Auntie. I have to admit that it feels a little more respectful, at least when the kids were younger. I grew up (and still do this) addressing my aunts and uncles with such titles, even though I am in my 40s. I still refer to my HS friends' parents as Mr & Mrs ------------ (or jokingly, "mom --------". It's just the way I grew up.

I can't be sarcastic when it comes to Kelly. She's a cold-hearted bitch who thinks bad things happen to people who deserve it. Of course when bad things happen to her, it's a blessing. Case in point: She called a tornado outbreak that killed ~250 people in Alabama a blessing. Another one: My cousin* who died of breast cancer deserved it. Fuck her!

*My cousins live in the same town in Alabama as the Crawfords, but I don't personally know them or want to.

As noted upthread, there are many, many regional and ethnic variations for what grandparents are called, all equally valid. 

Mamaw/Memaw and Pawpaw are common in this part of the country (I think it's more East Texas in origin) and only recently did I realized that the name of a distant relative in the extended family was her "grandmother" name, which was used universally by everyone.  Lovey and M'Dear are not rare and neither are Big Mom and Big Dad or G-Pa.  I've heard of Nana (Nanna), and Bubbe. Lovey does not strike me as being in any way out of the ordinary. 

Here's an interesting article on grandmother names that shows the variety in names, Choose the Perfect Grandmother Name, but is kind of sad, because it implies that there's no family tradition on a grandmother name, but whatever! 

Lizzy Bennet?  Er...no.  If Bria was an Austen character, she'd be Harriet Smith from Emma.  Bria's pretty and seems nice enough, but she's  incredibly dim. 

On 11/3/2017 at 9:31 PM, snarkykitty said:

I LOVE being called "Auntie -------". The kids of one of my sisters just uses my first name, but the kids of my other sister all refer to me as Auntie. I have to admit that it feels a little more respectful, at least when the kids were younger. I grew up (and still do this) addressing my aunts and uncles with such titles, even though I am in my 40s. I still refer to my HS friends' parents as Mr & Mrs ------------ (or jokingly, "mom --------". It's just the way I grew up.

I'm 29 and I still call my godmother 'Auntie [Firstname]'. I can't even imagine calling my aunts and uncles just by their first names - do a lot of people do that? 

Archived