IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

Cheese and pickles in an indoor reception hall is a step up from melted ice cream in a parking lot, so maybe by the time Josie gets married they'll upgrade to serving a real meal on paper plates.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kmary1 said:

Cheese and pickles in an indoor reception hall is a step up from melted ice cream in a parking lot, so maybe by the time Josie gets married they'll upgrade to serving a real meal on paper plates.

Perhaps they will serve pizza, and Josie can personally lick all the toppings

I watched about half the episode at my neighbors house last night. I got pretty pissed when Jill was talking about planning a wedding on a "shoestring budget." Stop. Just stop. The "every thing has to be on a tight budget" worked when you lived in a tiny 3 bedroom house. You people are millionaires. You've have had a well paying tv gig for years, multiple magazine spreads, have a television company footing at least part of the weeding bill, own multiple houses, all your kids have iphones and other expensive gadgets, and you're constantly scamming your fans for money. Not to mention the only charity I've seen them do in years is to hand candy, bags, and pictures of themselves out to people in sintral america.

You know what, since they seem to love Jewish stuff so much maybe they should learn about the concept of tzedakah.

What a bunch of entitled, greedy assholes.

I was always taught the best form of tzedakah is when the folks who receive don't know it came from you.  You give to help others not to get recognition.  It is about the people who need the help, not you.  Well what were my parents thinking.. it is all about ME ME MEchell and the rest of the rotten lot.

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

I was always taught the best form of tzedakah is when the folks who receive don't know it came from you.  You give to help others not to get recognition.  It is about the people who need the help, not you.  Well what were my parents thinking.. it is all about ME ME MEchell and the rest of the rotten lot.

I'm not sure if that's an official rule but it's definitely the tradition. And no matter how "small" your budget is there's no excuse to not give because there's always someone worse off.

23 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

They could learn a lot from George Michael. He gave away crazy money to people and the only condition was they couldn't tell anyone where it came from.  We only know now because he is dead. Just imagine, trying to explain true charity to these people using an evil gay as an amazing example. 

I am curious about how Bobblehead has his will made out. 

I wonder if he will leave everything to the boys since his girls are (or will be) under their new headships (husbands) - if now now, eventually. 

19 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They could learn a lot from George Michael. He gave away crazy money to people and the only condition was they couldn't tell anyone where it came from.  We only know now because he is dead. Just imagine, trying to explain true charity to these people using an evil gay as an amazing example. 

Prince was anonymous in his giving as well.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I watched about half the episode at my neighbors house last night. I got pretty pissed when Jill was talking about planning a wedding on a "shoestring budget." Stop. Just stop. The "every thing has to be on a tight budget" worked when you lived in a tiny 3 bedroom house. You people are millionaires. You've have had a well paying tv gig for years, multiple magazine spreads, have a television company footing at least part of the weeding bill, own multiple houses, all your kids have iphones and other expensive gadgets, and you're constantly scamming your fans for money. Not to mention the only charity I've seen them do in years is to hand candy, bags, and pictures of themselves out to people in sintral america.

You know what, since they seem to love Jewish stuff so much maybe they should learn about the concept of tzedakah.

What a bunch of entitled, greedy assholes.

They talk about shoestring budget and tight budgets in regards to their own contributions to the wedding. 

3 hours ago, kmary1 said:

Paper?  Oh no, that would be too recyclable or compostable.  It'll always be Styrofoam all the way!

18 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I thought maybe she was snarking on her own family when she said that. LOL. Wouldn't it be amazing if Joy provided a nutritious meal for all the 1000+ guests at her wedding? Now that would be truly Christ-like. 

@calimojo I thought they all were sent to ALERT? People on this board say that Josiah was sent back multiple times. What happened with Joseph? 

John David did not go to Alert, that I know of, and I am not sure if Josh did or not. Joe did, Josiah did, Jeremiah did, but his twin Jed did not.  Seems as if Jason would be old enough soon as would James. 

What I don't know is how they decide to send someone to Alert.  Joe always has seemed like a pretty compliant kid and not one to push boundaries, so it seems unlikely it was a punishment or re-programming.  But perhaps he had to agree to go to Alert in order to get permission to go away to Crown college that year.  As to Josiah, there was a lot of speculation that he was sent there to more or less break his spirit.  I have no thoughts about Jeremiah.   Not that he was every extremely outgoing on the show, but he seems off somehow in his talking heads.  It could just be that he is shy or thinks questions like what kind of Cheese would Jinger be, are ridiculously stupid questions.    Jason seems more polished than the other boys in that middle bunch.  And they don't ever show us much about James or Justin.  I can't remember the last time James or Justin were featured in a talking head.  And  Jackson still seems to be the odd man out with the other male siblings.  He always had a lot of personality so it will be interesting to see if he gets sent to cult camp to get that spirit broken. 

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I thought she was being snarky too, maybe she does read here. LOL!  if they get married at the camp they could have a big BBQ, even just serving hamburgers and hot dogs with all the picnic fare to go with it would be a step up & in my circles BBQ with hamburgers and hots dogs with all the other stuff is a damn good time, but we also have booze and music to go with it.  Now THAT would super impress all of us if they had a full on reception with food, music and dancing. I know there won't be any alcohol, but the dancing alone would be scandalous.  

I thought she was being snarky, too ^_^

some celebrity served hot dogs at her wedding reception several years ago, I thought this was great...Julia Roberts perhaps?

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

They talk about shoestring budget and tight budgets in regards to their own contributions to the wedding. 

Brilliant!  And ever true. 

It'll be interesting to see the next Duggar son's wedding, where the bride's family is expected to foot the reception bill.  (I'm sure Jerm and Moochelle will endorse THAT tradition.)

i wasn't paying attention when Josh & Anna married. Her family is not wealthy--what kind of reception did they provide?

52 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Brilliant!  And ever true. 

It'll be interesting to see the next Duggar son's wedding, where the bride's family is expected to foot the reception bill.  (I'm sure Jerm and Moochelle will endorse THAT tradition.)

i wasn't paying attention when Josh & Anna married. Her family is not wealthy--what kind of reception did they provide?

They had real food. The ladies of their church all pitched in to help make the food but they had food. That's the frustrating thing about the Duggars. They can afford to do a meal but don't because they are either cheap or have no manners, take your pick. 

17 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

They had real food. The ladies of their church all pitched in to help make the food but they had food. That's the frustrating thing about the Duggars. They can afford to do a meal but don't because they are either cheap or have no manners, take your pick. 

I'll pick both, thank you!!

3 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

The Duggars should ask their guests to bring food instead of a wedding present. A wedding potluck. 

I know someone who thought about doing that. The groom's stepdad had a fit. 

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of Season 3. Derick saying he couldn't remember Jill's dress, that their wedding was "a long time ago" and he only recalled it was white... wow... just what every young wife wants to hear. Not! Jill had to put some real effort in to keep the adoring look on her face in that talking head, I am sure! 

Why are we going through the agonizing details leading up to Jinger's wedding when it is a done deal? It would be more interesting to hear about Jingers new life in Texas. Maybe we should create a drinking game in which you chug a shot every time a Duggar says how "real" Jinger's already past nuptials are getting?! Borring.  

Anna looked more than slightly pregnant at the play date with Jill and Izzie. Jill looked both impatient and bored. She obviously didn't find it special or fun to spend time with Anna. 

Why are Jill and Jessa both going on and on about how much more challenging it will be to have gasp, two babies instead of one? They each had more than two buddies to be responsible for in their own family. 

Jessa was not into the Flame concert at all. Don't trip over anything on stage was a far cry from, hey honey have a blast! 

Despite lifetimes of training the abilities of the married kidults to fake enthusiasm seems to be dropping precipitously.  

4 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I know someone who thought about doing that. The groom's stepdad had a fit. 

I just attended a potluck wedding a couple months ago. I have been to number of them over the years. Not everyone can afford to hire a caterer to provide a buffet or a sit down meal. Often it works out to be a big spread with tons of leftovers. 

I am amazed they can pull in the views with this snorefest. lol

Joy Anna is quite the control freak. It's always been in her personality, but boy has it shown in her face and body language over the last two shows and on the shows while Jinger was courting.  She is all about the rules now, but it makes me wonder if she will become lax after marriage or be the duggar with the most crotchfruit.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

I just attended a potluck wedding a couple months ago. I have been to number of them over the years. Not everyone can afford to hire a caterer to provide a buffet or a sit down meal. Often it works out to be a big spread with tons of leftovers. 

I attended a wedding once where we, my wife and I, had to pay for our own food and drinks. It was even a requirement written in the invitation. We had to pay 35 $ PER PERSON (much more expensive than a good restaurant in Munich) to attend, plus traveling there and a gift. But oh well, maybe they couldn't affort thousands of Euros more to spend on food and drinks. The food and drinks bill is ridiculous, at our wedding we spent around 5000 € (5500 $) on catering and we only had 60 guests.

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

espite lifetimes of training the abilities of the married kidults to fake enthusiasm seems to be dropping precipitously

I'm thinking that may be a good thing, indicating that their reflexive behaviors are lessening?  Next step: actually thinking? 

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Why are Jill and Jessa both going on and on about how much more challenging it will be to have gasp, two babies instead of one? They each had more than two buddies to be responsible for in their own family. 

I imagine it's referred to in reality-showbiz as "staying on script," eh?

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I attended a wedding once where we, my wife and I, had to pay for our own food and drinks. It was even a requirement written in the invitation. We had to pay 35 $ PER PERSON (much more expensive than a good restaurant in Munich) to attend, plus traveling there and a gift. But oh well, maybe they couldn't affort thousands of Euros more to spend on food and drinks. The food and drinks bill is ridiculous, at our wedding we spent around 5000 € (5500 $) on catering and we only had 60 guests.

So you paid around 90€/guest? Ay yi yi ! Do you suppose the wedding couple was subsidizing their catering cost with the required $35 "admission fee"? 

I'm asking the next also out of curiosity, not judging at all: Why do you suppose it is that a good restaurant meal is so much less than a catered one? Taxes? What the market will bear? The difference in cost boggles. 

Danke schön! I enjoyed Munich, wish I could've stayed longer. 

15 hours ago, DugFan said:

Paper?  Oh no, that would be too recyclable or compostable.  It'll always be Styrofoam all the way!

Let's pray - for the guests' sake - they don't buy used & save the difference on paper plates. 

Personally, I find it beyond rude to make your wedding guests pay for their meal at your reception. Just plain rude.

7 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

I am amazed they can pull in the views with this snorefest. lol

Initially  I wanted to reply, here,  that the viewers are all slack jaws, but it's more than that.

But I just dropped by Jordan Niednagel's FB & he's all moist and sweaty about the Life March:  "So blessed to see Vice President Mike Pence at the "March For Life" rally this morning, stating that life is slowly winning in this country.  In relation to abortion, this statement of his particularly struck me, and I pray is coming more and more true."

They are out there -- the people who see the Doogers as heroes and will watch anything about them, as if a sacrament on an altar.  

12 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

The Duggars should ask their guests to bring food instead of a wedding present. A wedding potluck. 

Ive been invited to a few of those.   Passed up on all except my husband's son.    We were asked to bring 100 pieces of fried chicken.   UGH.   (Husband didn't want to go but I told him he really needed to. )

I can (almost) see asking immediate family if you want a nice reception and your family/area is accustomed to that sort of thing.   But for all the guests?  No.   Tacky/

OH!  But we're talking Duggars here - so carry on  with the tacky

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived