IGNORED

Sid Roth Converting All the (not) Jews

louisa05

Today, we got a book by Sid Roth in the mail. It is called They Thought For Themselves: Ten Amazing Jews. 

I had no idea who this was but guessed that someone sending me a free book is up to no good. Google informed me that he is a Jewish convert to evangelicalism who dedicated his life to converting all Jews. 

Further googling revealed that this free book is a part of a grand campaign in which he used other people's money to mail his book to 2 million Jewish households in the United States. Link: 

http://sidroth.org/tv-videoupdate-project77/

One minor problem: As many of you may know if you've seen me much on the forum, we are not Jewish. We do, however, have a last name that is typically Jewish. So basically, the guy got some mailing lists, picked out the Jewish sounding names and mailed them his book. 

We are wondering if Mr 05's parents will get one also. We also figure this is a good thing as one at our house means one less Jewish household has to put up with receiving this nonsense. 

If anyone is curious about the content, I could try to read it when I have time. 

My brother's wife is Jewish as are their three kids.  They do not have a Jewish sounding last name.  They won't get one of these odious books and I'm glad!

On 1/24/2017 at 9:32 PM, PennySycamore said:

My brother's wife is Jewish as are their three kids.  They do not have a Jewish sounding last name.  They won't get one of these odious books and I'm glad!

Similar situation here. My husband is Jewish, but his last name doesn't sound particularly Jewish. Besides, my Jewish kids are all planning on putting their names into Trump's Muslim registry out of principle, if he ever gets it started.  Their rabbis have consented to be registered as imams.

We truly are glad that we got this instead of any of your Jewish family members. 

I worked in Holocaust education for a group affiliated with the ADL for a short time. I am fully aware of how odious this behavior is and am thrilled that this loser and his group wasted their money sending their propaganda to a an Irish Catholic woman and her Polish Catholic husband whose family has not been Jewish in current memory. 

Husband's cousin who has done some genealogy research has found far extended branches of the family that are Jewish but has not uncovered when this branch became Catholic. I assume that at some point someone married a Catholic girl and their children were raised Catholic. 

@paganbaby,  I'm planning one registering as a Muslim,as well!  

There was a woman on our bus to DC that said we all should do it and it got me thinking.  This could be a great "King of Denmark" action. The King of Denmark is reputed to have decreed that all Danes, including the Himself and the rest of the royal family,  would wear the six-pointed star when the Nazis decreed that all Jews in Denmark  would be required to wear the star.  Now this turns out to be more legend than fact although a Danish friend said she could remember it, but I've called massive "standing in solidarity" resistance of this type King of Demark actions for years.   

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@paganbaby,  I'm planning one registering as a Muslim,as well!  

There was a woman on our bus to DC that said we all should do it and it got me thinking.  This could be a great "King of Denmark" action. The King of Denmark is reputed to have decreed that all Danes, including the Himself and the rest of the royal family,  would wear the six-pointed star when the Nazis decreed that all Jews in Denmark  would be required to wear the star.  Now this turns out to be more legend than fact although a Danish friend said she could remember it, but I've called massive "standing in solidarity" resistance of this type King of Demark actions for years.   

I will register as well. Almost everyone I've mentioned this to has said the same. I hope the final registry contains about a dozen practitioners of Islam and several hundred thousand atheists and adherents to other religions.

Archived