IGNORED

Kentucky Judge Refuses To Marry Atheists

doggie

first it was gays now atheists. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/07/kentucky-judge-refuses-to-marry-atheists/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

A county judge in Kentucky refuses to marry atheists.

In an egregious violation of the U.S. Constitution, Trigg County Judge Hollis Alexander refused to marry a couple because they were atheists requesting a secular ceremony. 

According to a report filed by Friendly Atheist, Judge Alexander refused to marry Mandy Heath and her fiance because they are both non-religious, and they didn’t want any mention of God in their secular marriage ceremony.

When Heath went to file the necessary paperwork at the local courthouse on the day before their wedding, Judge Alexander explained that he would not perform the legal ceremony because of  his sincerely held religious beliefs.

In attempting to justify why he was refusing to perform his legal duty and honor the request for a simple, secular wedding, Judge Alexander declared:

I will be unable to perform your wedding ceremony… I include God in my ceremonies and I won’t do one without.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/07/kentucky-judge-refuses-to-marry-atheists/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link#sthash.plp6BZQg.dpuf

And yet, Christians are the ones being persecuted in the US? Riiiight.

The thing is, this sort of thing used to happen ALL THE TIME! It's only the power of the internet, connecting like-minded people, that has been able to alert large enough groups of people to bring light to this kind of discrimination. 

I'm sure the judge will have lots of press from the "Christians are persecuted" side. I'm just glad he's getting lots from the "Follow the F***ing Constitution" side, too.

When you become an attorney (and again as a judge), you take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. The Supreme Court is the body that interprets the Constitution. If you can't uphold your oath, you need to step down. 

Archived