IGNORED

Naked Missouri couple riding stolen lawnmower arrested.

47of74

From, ahem, The Show Me State;

bigstory.ap.org/article/f667db5f29d24ac5a89bacd24c7987fd/sheriff-naked-couple-arrested-stolen-lawn-mower

Jasper County sheriff's Det. Tim Williams said a 55-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman admitted that they rode the lawn mower home naked after their clothing was stolen while they skinny dipped in a creek northwest of Joplin.

The Joplin Globe (http://bit.ly/29N2kIe ) reports that authorities arrested the pair Tuesday morning on suspicion of stealing after finding them at a house with the riding mower parked in the front yard.

Williams says an investigation determined that the lawn mower didn't belong to either of them.

It sounds like a plot from an episode of "The Simpsons." But if it really does happen as much as @littlemommy say, maybe the writers of the Simpsons borrowed it from someone in Missouri.

59 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It sounds like a plot from an episode of "The Simpsons." But if it really does happen as much as @littlemommy say, maybe the writers of the Simpsons borrowed it from someone in Missouri.

Which couple would it be, though?? Hmm...

16 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Mr Burns & Smithers would be funny... and actually, there is something similar to this on the Simpson's Tapped Out game for a smartphone. I used to have it, but I removed it (as it eats up a ton of space; which is a shame, really, because it is a lot of fun).

2 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I lived in Missouri for 33 out of my 37 years, and this is a pretty standard story. Ha!!

I grew up in rural Greater Kansas City, back when there were rural bits of that, and honestly, my thought when I saw the headline was, "Well. These things happen."

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:13 PM, backyard sylph said:

I grew up in rural Greater Kansas City, back when there were rural bits of that, and honestly, my thought when I saw the headline was, "Well. These things happen."

I know, right?? Now if it were Southern Missouri the story might've been that they were driving that lawn mower to their wedding. I've attended more than a few weddings (and funerals) with attendees in bibbed overalls.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:13 PM, backyard sylph said:

Lol, I clicked on this thinking "I wonder if it's someone I might know."

On July 15, 2016 at 2:16 PM, mango_fandango said:

Maybe Rev. Lovejoy and Helen?  They go skinny dipping to spice up their relationship; Nelson finds their clothing and 'haw haw's as he takes off  with the clothes.  Hey, these things practically write themselves!  :my_smile:

51 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Lol, I clicked on this thinking "I wonder if it's someone I might know."

In that case, I'd have expected to see them on a golf cart "borrowed" from the public course.

Welp, this was dumb enough to make it onto Feed Dump!

Reminds me of a passage in Tammy Wynette's autobiography.  When she was married to George Jones, he had a habit of sneaking out to the bar while she was asleep, so she took his keys away.  One night she woke up, realized he wasn't beside her in bed, and went looking for him.  Going out to the garage, she noticed that the riding mower was gone.

Of course, he'd driven it to the bar.

Archived