IGNORED

Jan Crouch has died

usedtobenice

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll miss her outrageous hair and interior design choices

They were total charlatans, but her hair was something else. 

The eyelashes were what fascinated me. They looked liked some creature living on her face. I always wondered how she could see through those things.

I wouldn't want to be in her shoes at the pearly gates right about now... biggest fraud there ever was.

I can't even come close to identifying that species of hair.  It's like a separate animal living on her head.  RIP, Jan.

And why she and her husband refused to take it down a few notches for the sake of the gospel they supposedly were attempting to convey, I'll never know.  Seriously, if I were on the fence about believing in Christ and an old woman in an outrageous pink wig and out-of-this-world makeup and nails was the one trying to win me over, I don't think I'd believe.  I'd think it was a joke.  The people the Crouches had on their program were, for the most part, charlatans as well.  The ones who weren't disappointed me for even having their names associated with TBN.

I'm sure the family is grieving over her passing.  Death is not something to laugh about so I'm not dissing her death.  Her life, however...WOW! :ENVOUTER:

Doesn't the Crouch family have something to do with the bible theme park that is in Orlando?  Maybe they own it or something?

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Doesn't the Crouch family have something to do with the bible theme park that is in Orlando?  Maybe they own it or something?

Yes, TBN/The Crouch family owns it!  
Fascinating place...  :roll:
http://www.holylandexperience.com/

I'll never forget channel surfing late one night and pausing on a heavily made up woman with cotton candy pink hair sobbing on a stage about Jesus. My love affair with fundies and religious extremists started at that moment. 

35 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Whatever convinced her that this was a good look

?563e323ffc7ee6249f4002436cda132a.jpg

She wouldn't make the cut on RuPaul's Drag Race.

That eye makeup is right out of Twisted Sister.

RIP Pink Hair lady that made me pause on TBN while surfing from time to time so I could just stare at said pink hair.  

Aw, this makes me a little sad. My mom loved watching Paul and Jan Crouch, so I grew up enthralled by her cotton candy hair and the way her huge throne-like chair would lovingly frame it. 

I can still hear her voice: "Dear sweet little baby Jeeeeeesuuuus...". It always sounded like she was about to weep.

I agree she was a charlatan, but she added color to my childhood. Quite literally--again, that hair!

When I was working for an Allied Van Lines company we moved them from Carmel to a huge mansion in Newport Beach CA. Lots of gaudy furniture. When they moved to TX she and Paul had separate homes, he was a drunk and she was a bitch according to people who worked for TBN. (A relative did some gigs with them). Tammy Faye and Jim had nothing on their ostentatious life style compared to the Crouchs. The family is splintered, kids are disinherited and it will be interesting how it all plays out. 

They may have been sincere in the beginning but greed is more fun. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

This picture is too good! Someone should use it as a Jill Rodrigues-esque profile pic!

Jan Crouch: Sentient cotton candy machine.

I'm sorry for her family, though I don't have a lot of love lost on her or TBN. Mainly, I feel bad for Tammy Faye Bakker. She's just been demoted from her throne as Tackiest Holy Harpy in the afterlife.

35 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

When they moved to TX she and Paul had separate homes. 

The family is splintered, kids are disinherited and it will be interesting how it all plays out.

They had the same set up in Orlando (separate homes).  
I do recall some sort of scandal when Paul died...one of the sons wanted to cut everyone out of the business, and/or someone being accused of hastening Paul's death.  
I'm going to go re-familiarize myself with this whole sordid tale.  :popcorn2:  

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She reminded me of an Ellie-Mae Clampet-wanna-be gone terribly wrong.  I mean, if she TRIED to look more ridiculous, on purpose for laughs, she could not have beaten her own vanity.  You know, she went to an orphanage in Central American looking like this.

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I'll never forget channel surfing late one night and pausing on a heavily made up woman with cotton candy pink hair sobbing on a stage about Jesus. My love affair with fundies and religious extremists started at that moment. 

My intro was the PTL Club--otherwise known as the Jim and Tammy Bakker show.  I would sit there and watch, in utter disbelief that they were for real, and the entertainment value never disappointed.  After that, I wasn't quite as shocked as I might have been over the Crouches...except for Jan's hair and makeup.  For an old woman, she wore some defrauding necklines.

Condolences to her family and those who loved her.

That said, IMO, people like her are among those who give Christianity a bad name.

Ok I must ask does the Bates family know of her?  I ask because she seems like Erin's hair inspiration (pre children).

7 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Ok I must ask does the Bates family know of her?  I ask because she seems like Erin's hair inspiration (pre children).

She could have inspired Erin's hair and Gil and Kelly's love of getting people to hand them money because of God. 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

I can't even come close to identifying that species of hair.  It's like a separate animal living on her head.  RIP, Jan.

It's a Trump rat.  His is the orange one.  Hers was the pink one.  The love to live on heads that are full of nothing but bullshit.  They grow well in this type of environment.

The bigger the hair the closer to God as they say. She took that phrase to heart and now she is. RIP.

Archived