IGNORED

Do the Sanders homeschool?

WonderingInWA

I know they like taking photos of chicken butchering parties and just about every other social occasion they participate in, but do they homeschool? You never see any of the kids with a book or "momma" (whatever her name is) demonstrating any kind of instruction to the kids. Is it all just fun and games (and butcherin') around their house? Anyone know?

They randomly mention 'catching up on school' but don't say much about it specifically. They did a post when Noah graduated, at the age of 19, because he used an extra 'year of study to be a man' or some such thing I don't remember; I just remember reading the archives and them making a point of mentioning his extra year for some very special reason.

Yes they homeschool. You must not miss Big Sis Sanders' with her puppet!

vitafamiliae.com/?p=4176

ETA: wth? studying to be a man? Are you joking? That sounds like a course Doug would promote.

OK, it was to prepare him for the adventure of having his own household one day, not to be a man. Same thing, in my mind, when it comes to these people. But, not everyone's mind works like mine, so, here's the entry.

refinersfireforge.com/blog/?p=445

Yep, they homeschool. They rarely mention it, but then the mother isn't really involved with the blog at all, and the daughter who writes the blog has presumably been done with her own schooling for a few years, so it might just not occur to her. This doesn't bother me as much as other things do because I've never understood the blogging focus on homeschooling; what's there to write about? Or take pictures of? LL writes about homeschooling her children, extensively, and to me it just sounds like martyring anyway (I do soooo much!).

I notice the Mortons don't talk much about homeschooling, but the same circumstances apply (the mother doesn't write the blog). And really, aside from Life on the Farm, we haven't really gotten a glimpse of day-to-day life for the Mortons for the last year or two. I don't think we've ever seen any bedrooms, for example. Just shows that the Morton blog is even more carefully presented than the Sanders.

Archived