IGNORED

Men read Bible passages to people, telling them they're from the Qur'an

Rachel333

I posted this over at the shelter but I thought I'd repost here.

These two guys bought a Bible and disguised it as a Qur'an then asked passersby for their reaction to some of the more violent passages. At the end they reveal what they did and everyone reacted really well. I have a feeling the reactions might have been different if they had asked American Christians!

The video is in Dutch with English subtitles.

It would be really interesting to see that done here in the US. Unfortunately, the people who have the most need to hear it have their heads so far up their asses all outside noise is muffled. 

I get that nobody likes to be wrong or to have their views shown up, but there seem to be a lot of people these days making a career out of insular thinking. 

I'm sorry but I'm so proud that this is getting so much attention. As a Dutch girl (and resident of the same city as these filmmakers), I follow these guys for over a couple of years on YouTube and I have always enjoyed their street interviews a lot. They deserve all the credits they are getting right now!

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Unfortunately, the people who have the most need to hear it have their heads so far up their asses all outside noise is muffled.

Sad but true. I simply imagine these people with their fingers in their ears screaming "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA!" Because heaven forbid someone challenges their beliefs and shows them to be hypocrites! 

I love things like this! Their reactions were great. I would greatly enjoy seeing this experiment done in America - particularly in the Deep South. I'm guessing that their initial responses would be similar, but I'm not sure they would react as well when confronted with the truth and the fact that they were tricked.

In this video, a bible is disguised as a qu'ran. Passages from the bible are then read to Christians who think they are listening to passages from the qu'ran. They are horrified and cannot believe anyone would believe such things. Obviously, the Christians interviewed are not fundy, but it's still quite telling.

http://m.mic.com/articles/129820/viral-video-shows-what-happens-when-you-show-people-a-bible-with-a-quran-s-cover-on-it?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=WHFacebook&ts_pid=569&utm_content=inf_10_285_2&tse_id=INF_783db3b32de245e39b617ad414ceddf0

I wonder how this would go over in the Southern Bible Belt. They would probably come up with reasons why it isn't scary for the Bible to say those things but would totally be scary for the Quran. 

I always picture the mental gymnastics types like a thief in a movie doing all these contortions to get around the lasers, trying not to get caught because their whole world would crash down around them. They'd do it with this too.

Archived