IGNORED

"Religious Freedom Has Never Been More Threatened In U.S."

freejingerbeth

christianitydaily.com/articles/4928/20150715/gay-marriage-rulings-legal-impact-churches-pastors-lay-members-uncertain

Brad Dacus, president and founder of PJI, discussed the potential impacts that will be felt by Christian colleges, churches, families, and businesses. He also discussed the ways in which church bylaws should be amended for greater legal protection in case of litigation. Below, are a few of his choice comments.

Dacus says that the first line of defense are the Christian colleges that could potentially lose their tax exempt status, for being considered as discriminatory against LGBT students, similar to the way Bob Jones University lost its tax-exempt status for banning interracial marriages in 1983.
:penguin-no:

Wait....that was a bad thing? :pink-shock:

Families may also be impacted by the ruling as well, Dacus said, in that a parent’s failure to embrace the child’s sexuality can be considered ‘negligence,’ resulting in the parent’s loss of custody over the child. “If CPS (Child Protective Services) social workers try to take your children, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us,†Dacus said. “We will protect your children from being taken.â€

Because everyone knows that if you just hit your children with plumbing line, they will be "cured." :roll:

In the revised version of their bylaws, churches should explicitly state their doctrine on marriage and sexuality. Bylaws should also include policies regarding the use of facilities and even church membership.

That's right, folks. Despite the fact that Jesus taught people that everyone should be welcomed in church, Dacus is encouraging churches to just ignore that pesky teaching. Church membership should only be for the like-minded nut jobs. And now, for one of my favorites:

The ruling will also affect what is taught in public schools, he continued. Teachers who favor same-sex marriages are now “empowered to promote same-sex marriage,†and the social studies curriculum in public schools will likely include lessons on the contributions made by LGBT individuals. Dacus encouraged parents who are concerned about this to sign opt-out forms which would allow their children to be excused from sitting in during such lesson plans.

Ooohh, and you know what else they're including in social studies curriculums? They're including contributions made by women, African Americans, and Latinos! I'll bet some of the people discussed are even in inter-racial marriages, too (the horror). :nenner:

Edited because I thought I broke the link, but apparently, I didn't.

its far better to convert your child and when that does not work throw them out then having them taken away from you. This really shows how some Christians think they are far better then others and only what they believe should be honored.

Tax-exempt groups SHOULD lose that tax-exempt status for discrimination. The taxes they don't pay get passed off onto everyone else, including those they discriminate against. If a person can only practice their religion if it's tax exempt, then that person has a personal problem.

What a load of shit, these "Christians" are just butt hurt that they didn't get their way.

That's right, folks. Despite the fact that Jesus taught people that everyone should be welcomed in church, Dacus is encouraging churches to just ignore that pesky teaching. Church membership should only be for the like-minded nut jobs.

Funny, it was finally reading the Southern Baptist Convention's Statement of Faith in high school that started my path away from being a Southern Baptist.

To be honest, I'd prefer that churches be up front about their beliefs--all of them. Until I read the Statement of Faith, I had no idea what I was really saying when I said I was Southern Baptist outside of baptism by immersion.

That said... Brad Dacus is a butt-hurt tool. :music-tool:

Archived