IGNORED

Girl scouts turn down bigot's 100k donated get even more.

doggie

this is great they returned th donated and got more.

Girl Scouts Will Get Along Just Fine Without Transgender-Hating Bigot Bucks, Thank You

Read more at http://wonkette.com/589900/girl-scouts- ... gXZyMB6.99

As you are all aware, the Girl Scouts is a super badass organization. Its leadership is SO liberal, the Scouts are turning all of America’s girls into militant man-hating lesbian vegans with bitchin’ abortion skills. And it costs money to indoctrinate all those young ladies! The Girl Scouts of Western Washington was very excited to get a $100,000 donation recently, to fund things like financial assistance for little girls whose families can’t afford to send them to camp. Stuff like that. But then the donor woke up one day with a spiked dildo up his/her ass and sent another note to the group specifying that this money was under no circumstances to be used to help any gross transgenders:

In late May, as news of Caitlyn Jenner’s transition was blowing up your Facebook news feed, [Girl Scouts of Western Washington CEO Megan Ferland] received a letter from the donor with a brief request: Please guarantee that our gift will not be used to support transgender girls. If you can’t, please return the money.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/589900/girl-scouts- ... gXZyMB6.99

As of this morning their indiegogo fund was up to $262,266.

As of this morning their indiegogo fund was up to $262,266.

I forgot to check good for them. girl scouts kick ass.

Good for them for standing up on this issue! I don't even know why it would be an issue. Then again I felt the same way about the Boy Scouts' issues with gay scouts and gay troop leaders.

Why would the bits you have under your clothing affect your ability to learn how to make boondoggle crafts or light a campfire?!

The comments on the original article in Seattle Metropolitan (seattlemet.com/articles/2015/6/29/donor-says-girl-scouts-can-t-use-100k-gift-for-transgender-girls). . .So much WTFery. People claiming that 16 YO boys will pretend to be transgendered solely so they can go to girl scout camp!

Just think, your 13 year old daughter can now shower with some 16 year old boy who "identifies" as a girl.

Because that's just how boys are, you know.

The comments on the original article in Seattle Metropolitan (seattlemet.com/articles/2015/6/29/donor-says-girl-scouts-can-t-use-100k-gift-for-transgender-girls). . .So much WTFery. People claiming that 16 YO boys will pretend to be transgendered solely so they can go to girl scout camp!

Because that's just how boys are, you know.

John Oliver was talking about this whole issue on the last episode of Last Week Tonight youtube.com/watch?v=hmoAX9f6MOc. Reminds me of what Mike Huckabee's "jokes" on the topic.

"I'm pretty sure that I would have found my feminine side and said, 'Coach, I think I'd rather shower with the girls today.' "

No, it's not cute to talk about what perverted stuff you would do while masquerading as a trans individual as a way to deflect from the actual, serious issues that the trans community currently faces.

"The fact that we are now, in city after city, watching ordinances that say that your 7-year-old daughter, if she goes into the restroom, cannot be offended -- and you can't be offended -- if she's greeted there by a 42-year-old man who feels more like a woman than he does a man."

How terrible and evil it would be for someone to GREET YOUR CHILD.

(cnn.com/2015/06/03/opinions/kohn-huckabee-caitlyn-jenner/index.html)

Reminds me of what Mike Huckabee's "jokes" on the topic.

I've always felt like this quote is exemplary of the fact that the transphobia Fuckabee and others exhibit stems, at least in some part, from their own predatory inclinations. His whole argument is that transgender people would be sexual predators because that's what he would do/would have done demonstrates that the problem is with HIM, not transgendered people.

This kinda thing is why I justify to myself buying several boxes of Girl Scout cookies every year even when I'm trying to attempt to be healthy.

Delicious, and support feminists. I'm sold.

I've always felt like this quote is exemplary of the fact that the transphobia Fuckabee and others exhibit stems, at least in some part, from their own predatory inclinations. His whole argument is that transgender people would be sexual predators because that's what he would do/would have done demonstrates that the problem is with HIM, not transgendered people.

Oh, yes. Completely agree. (If you watch the Last Week Tonight segment, Huckabee's twistedness is discussed, too.) Whenever I hear people like Huckabee talking about how trans people are going to attack women and children in restrooms it's just like -- I am terrified what other sick, disgusting desires and fantasies they are repressing.

Oh, yes. Completely agree. (If you watch the Last Week Tonight segment, Huckabee's twistedness is discussed, too.) Whenever I hear people like Huckabee talking about how trans people are going to attack women and children in restrooms it's just like -- I am terrified what other sick, disgusting desires and fantasies they are repressing.

Combined with the fact he seems to think God has forgiven josh for molesting 5 girls, one as young as 5, so we all should too...I smell a rat.

I finally sat down to watch the whole segment. I hadn't heard of the Arizona bill. How many papers do they want you to carry on your person in that state? Do I need to take my birth certificate with me when I visit there? :roll:

This kinda thing is why I justify to myself buying several boxes of Girl Scout cookies every year even when I'm trying to attempt to be healthy.

Delicious, and support feminists. I'm sold.

Same for me, my buying several boxes of Girl Scout cookies from my niece is what I do to piss off the fundies and bigots. Girl Scouts are more inclusive than the Boy Scouts as the Boy Scouts don't allow atheists or gays.

Welcome to Australia, land of "Scouts". But the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. I believe the official name is "Scouting Australia". My daughter's Venturer Unit is exactly half male, half female. They go camping, hiking, abseiling, canoeing together. I asked my daughter whether there's ever an issue between the girls and boys. She says that in Cubs and Scouts, they were too young to notice each other. Now in Venturers (14-18yo), she says the sorts of boys that do it are "the type you are friends with, not that you crush on." I get the impression the boys see the girls the same way. If someone tried to join just to be with the other sex, I think the existing members would boot them out pretty quick. If a transgender kid wanted to join, there wouldn't be a problem.

I imagine there are fundies whose heads would explode if they saw the way Scout works here.

Kind of like Josh Duggar claiming that anyone would do what he did if they knew they could get away with it. No. No, they would not. Only a sick fuck who is sexually attracted, oh excuse me, curious about little girls, would do that.

They've surpassed $300,000. I can't explain how happy that makes me as a former Girl Scout/GS Leader!

I finally sat down to watch the whole segment. I hadn't heard of the Arizona bill. How many papers do they want you to carry on your person in that state? Do I need to take my birth certificate with me when I visit there? :roll:

Basically. It is permission to profile. I almost put one of the ask me for my papers bumper stickers on my car.

Archived