IGNORED

Mack Duggar

luckylassie

I don't see them having as many kids as Jim Bob and Michelle. I seem to recall from the TLC show that the older Duggar daughters were tracking Michelle's cycle so she could get pregnant as often as possible. Plus, Anna's "womb" may be less receptive if there are fewer daughters born early to, ahem, help out. Finally, it seems clear that most of Jim Bob's wealth comes from TLC and once that gravy train ends there will be limited resources to subsidize Josh & Anna.

I agree once the gravy train ends, Josh and Anna will have less resources which will probably mean less kids. I doubt Josh and Anna would ever have the money or resources to build a giant house like Boob and Mullet.

I agree once the gravy train ends, Josh and Anna will have less resources which will probably mean less kids. I doubt Josh and Anna would ever have the money or resources to build a giant house like Boob and Mullet.

But how will they actually have fewer kids? Do you think they'll just be abstinent or have sex a lot less often? Less money doesn't mean less kids for people who have absolutely no way of preventing pregnancy. Or do you think they'll secretly use some kind of birth control?

Mackenzie actually means "son of Kenneth" so it's kind of hilarious that people who are so gender essentialist would give their daughter a name like that.

Anyway, Mackynzie's life will depend on the sex of her next few siblings. If she's the only girl for awhile, she'll be overwhelmed with diaper duty by the time she is 5 or 6. Anna seems to get bad morning sickness and has trouble changing diapers while she's pregnant, so that will probably fall to Mack as soon as she's old enough because we all know Smuggar will stop doing it as soon as he can shrug it off to someone else. If she's lucky, the next few babies will be girls too so the workload will be spread out a bit. If there's a run of boys, Mack will be cooking and doing laundry for a family of 10 all on her own. Thankfully Anna doesn't seem lazy the way Michelle is, but there will still be plenty of work to do if Anna keeps having babies at this rate. I think they'll end up really poor too, because Josh is as sleazy as JB but not nearly as greedy or charismatic. Mack will probably end up sharing a normal-sized room with 10 other kids, probably with a few of them in her bed. I don't see how things can turn out well for her.

Michelle wasn't so bad for the first six. Then she broke down. Let's see how many Anna has before she loses it too.

But how will they actually have fewer kids? Do you think they'll just be abstinent or have sex a lot less often? Less money doesn't mean less kids for people who have absolutely no way of preventing pregnancy. Or do you think they'll secretly use some kind of birth control?

I don't think they have absolutely no way of preventing pregnancy, especially if they are able to chart cycles like Michelle. Less money means less space, less privacy, more stress and most likely less sex.

I am not in favor of giving a child a first name a surname unless it is a family name, but that is just my opinion.

I could not agree with you more. I can't stand surnames as first names. I remember one time a mother introduced me to her little daughter Tierney and I almost asked her, "What's her first name?" Until I realized that was it.

I don't think they have absolutely no way of preventing pregnancy, especially if they are able to chart cycles like Michelle. Less money means less space, less privacy, more stress and most likely less sex.

So you think you'll basically use the rhythm method? That's forbidden in QF but maybe they'll find some other name to call it and do it anyway. I personally don't think that they even know that it could be used to prevent pregnancy and I doubt they would use it even if they knew how.

I could not agree with you more. I can't stand surnames as first names. I remember one time a mother introduced me to her little daughter Tierney and I almost asked her, "What's her first name?" Until I realized that was it.

So you don't think that people should name their kids Hillary, Stacey, or Shirley? Many common first names started out as last names. It has always been a common way for people to come up with first names. It's not some newfangled thing that kids these days do.

All the things that people love to snark on when it comes to baby names are really no different than what people have always done. It just seems weird to you because it's new and you don't realize where "traditional" names came from. Special spelling and modification of syllables is not new; that's how we ended with multiple names from the same root name. Naming people after nature isn't new either. Ocean or Apple might seem weird, but they're really no worse than Ruby, Daisy, or Yvette (which means yew in French). And place names have always been very common. China or Paris or Sierra are no different than Brittany or Virginia. Of course it works the other way too, because these parents who think they are so clever and innovate really haven't come up with anything new.

I think that Macks life will depend on common sense with finances and the gender of her next siblings. If Josh does have common sense he will too many kids in the small house and begin to look for something bigger to allow the kids more space. Mack is too young to change diapers now but if there is another baby lets hope that its a girl so if Mack does have to help she will have a partner.

bananacat brings up a good point many common first names started out as a surnames. But I would only do surnames(like Cooper, Anderson, Davis etc) as first names if there was a family connection. My boyfriend's friend and his wife are expecting their second son. The first son is named after someone on the husband's side of the family. So the wife decided to name the son after her mother's surname Clayton because she was close with her grandfather. The wife's surname is Wilson and she didn't like that as a first name so she decided to go with Clayton.

If Josh does have common sense he will too many kids in the small house and begin to look for something bigger to allow the kids more space.

I'm not sure this is an issue of common sense, as much as an issue of finances. Right now, they live in a home that belongs to a family member, right? So I'm sure they aren't paying full rental value. I don't know how well Josh's dealerships do, but it seems reasonable to believe that the answer is at least vaguely, "Not as well as the Duggars would like us to think."

I think Mack having her own space really depends on how many more aunts and uncles she gets. If Michelle gets pregnant again and the show continues for another season or two then Mack's family will also profit from it and probably move into a larger home. If they are currently filming what ends up to be the last season or there is one more season then Josh and Anna probably won't be able to afford a bigger home (especiallly debt free) so they will continue living in their tiny home. I suppose it also depends if Grandma has any other rental properties she could offer them. I think regardless of where they live there are going to be numerous more children (my estimate is 7-12) but hopefully before they have 7+ kids they will be in at least a three bedroom house. Otherwise they might take a page out of Life in a Shoe's book and stack the kids.

I'm not sure this is an issue of common sense, as much as an issue of finances. Right now, they live in a home that belongs to a family member, right? So I'm sure they aren't paying full rental value. I don't know how well Josh's dealerships do, but it seems reasonable to believe that the answer is at least vaguely, "Not as well as the Duggars would like us to think."

This. To reap the same financial reward (I'd guess they're only paying utilities and taxes, possibly some rent if the place isn't paid off), they'd have to move to another family-owned property. The only other houses we know Boob owns are the family church and that shack the kids cleaned out last winter. I'm guessing JD gets the church house once the shack is remodeled.

I think Smuggar's only option is to add on what he already has, but even though he "helped" build TTH, I don't see him as a guy with a lot of innate carpentry skills. He'd have to hire JD and Joseph (who already has his own tools, yet hasn't "graduated" SODRT yet) to build for him whilst he schlumps around "his" carr lots whilst the sales force sells his junkers for him.

On the show, there have been a couple of times that mentioned the first car lot wasn't doing well at times. I wouldn't be surprised if they barely make it. The show has probably turned off locals from possibly buying from the lots. Josh and other Duggars have been shown driving the inventory around quite a bit. I sort of remember a few times some of the younger kids were jumping on to the cars.

Archived