IGNORED

Mack Duggar

luckylassie

I wonder, what will Mack's future be like? If her parents continue on with the quiverful thing she will most likely end up a S.A.H.D. Maybe she'll write a book one day about the joys of growing up Gothard? By the way, I wonder why they made her name with the Y in it. Isn't it usually spelled Mackenzie? I hear a lot of people naming their kids Mackenzie these days.

Mackenzie is a very popular name in the US these days. I've seen lots of people add Ys to more common names now; for one thing, it makes them seem more "unique" (until everyone else starts doing the same thing) and I think some people consider it more feminine. I'm pretty sure the Duggars went with Jordyn instead of Jordan so that it would be less likely for someone to mistake it as a boy's name.

I see Josh and Anna having a QF family, but I sort of get the impression they might end up being somewhat less conservative. Josh likes his creature comforts, and it would be harder to have the older kids raise younger siblings if they end up having several more boys first before the girls. Of course, all of their future choices also depend on developing a sustainable source of income that I don't think Josh really has ATM.

/IdleSpeculationBus

I think Josh will publicly tow the family line as long as it pays for him to do so. When the $$ is gone, who knows? I sort of think they have already been a bit laxer -- the televison, for example, and Mac in pants a few times. I think when Jim Boob stops helping JOsh financially it will be a bit of a knock to him and I wonder if at that point they might stop with the quivering.

Mackenzie is a very popular name in the US these days. I've seen lots of people add Ys to more common names now; for one thing, it makes them seem more "unique" (until everyone else starts doing the same thing) and I think some people consider it more feminine. I'm pretty sure the Duggars went with Jordyn instead of Jordan so that it would be less likely for someone to mistake it as a boy's name.

Yep. A site snarking on bad, bad baby names.

Mackenzie actually means "son of Kenneth" so it's kind of hilarious that people who are so gender essentialist would give their daughter a name like that.

Anyway, Mackynzie's life will depend on the sex of her next few siblings. If she's the only girl for awhile, she'll be overwhelmed with diaper duty by the time she is 5 or 6. Anna seems to get bad morning sickness and has trouble changing diapers while she's pregnant, so that will probably fall to Mack as soon as she's old enough because we all know Smuggar will stop doing it as soon as he can shrug it off to someone else. If she's lucky, the next few babies will be girls too so the workload will be spread out a bit. If there's a run of boys, Mack will be cooking and doing laundry for a family of 10 all on her own. Thankfully Anna doesn't seem lazy the way Michelle is, but there will still be plenty of work to do if Anna keeps having babies at this rate. I think they'll end up really poor too, because Josh is as sleazy as JB but not nearly as greedy or charismatic. Mack will probably end up sharing a normal-sized room with 10 other kids, probably with a few of them in her bed. I don't see how things can turn out well for her.

I am not in favor of giving a child a first name a surname unless it is a family name, but that is just my opinion.

Yeah, I think she'll end up a mini mom in a few years, but I don't see Anna dumping everything on her, Anna and her siblings all seem close with their mother, I think she'll want to have that with all her kids. And I don't think Josh and Anna will have nearly as many kids as his parents. So hopefully she won't be like Jana, burned out by her early 20s.

Although I don't think Josh and Anna will have 19 kids there will probably be 7-12 kids, which is still a lot! Mack will probably get stuck with a lot of work however I think Josh and Anna will be somewhat less restrictive once the cameras leave. Mack may sometimes wear pants or be allowed to work if it's female work like cleaning(they'll need the money after TLC drops them).

Everyone says that Anna won't have as many as Michelle, and even Josh said they might not have that many. But how exactly do you expect them to have fewer? In Quiverfull, even the rhythm method is forbidden, so it doesn't really matter if they want to have fewer kids because they have no way of actually doing anything about it. Anna seems pretty fertile right now, because she is in her early 20s. She might not have as many in her 30s and 40s, but the ones that are born within 10 years are the ones that will affect Mackynzie the most anyway.

Everyone says that Anna won't have as many as Michelle, and even Josh said they might not have that many. But how exactly do you expect them to have fewer? In Quiverfull, even the rhythm method is forbidden, so it doesn't really matter if they want to have fewer kids because they have no way of actually doing anything about it. Anna seems pretty fertile right now, because she is in her early 20s. She might not have as many in her 30s and 40s, but the ones that are born within 10 years are the ones that will affect Mackynzie the most anyway.

Plus they actually put the QF thing in their marriage vows. That's serious stuff. It's not just part of their lifestyle to have as many "blessings" as possible, they promised god that they would do it. Really the only way to stop being pregnant every year is to practice abstinence, and they might not even consider that appropriate in light of their vows. Plus the decision to have sex or not will be up to Josh, and he's not exactly the type to deny himself :roll:

The first cleft palate, club foot, missing limb, strange disease, or severe cognitive impairment will shut down Anna's womb lickety split.

I think it would've done the trick for Michelle, if he'd had a harsh pregnancy/extremely sick child early in her reproductive years.

I don't think they will not follow the quiverfull doctrine and continue reproducing but most quiverful families aren't anywhere near the size of the Duggars such as Anna's family. Even right now Anna didn't get pregnant on her honeymoon with Mack and it took almost a year for her to get pregnant again. I also think Anna breastfeeds longer then Michelle so that might help slow down their family's growth. I think they will be a large family but not a freakishly large one.

But it's long been speculated that Michelle and Jim Boob actively worked to get pregnant -- i.e. having sex during the most fertile times and other natural tricks of the trade. And Kelly and Gil Bates basically said they did that w/o saying it on that ABC piece. Quiverfull is one thing, whereas actively seeking to have 20 kids is another. My guess is that if they remain QF (which they might -- I forgot about the vow to God), they will be of the first sort. I don't know that it will make Mack's life any better in any serious way, but I'd guess they'll be able to keep it down to 10 to 12 kids at the maximum, and if they are lucky or start determining their sex lives around Anna's least fertile times, they might be able to limit the kids to around 6 to 8.

Yep. A site snarking on bad, bad baby names.

Ok, after studying this hilarious website off and on today, I have actually found mention of another Mackynzie Renee :o

Of course, they managed to spell it Maekenzee Reenae :doh: LOL

I seem to see a lot of tryndee names from families we talk about on this site. Addallee Bates amuses me. It's like we're playing Wheel of Fortune and the parents are trying to maximize their winnings with as many consonants as they can squeeze in.

The use of Mackenzie, Madison, McKenna, et al. have always amused me. Mackenzie as pointed above "Son of Coinneach (Kenneth)". Madison "Son of Maud". McKenna "Son of Cionaodh". Perfect for frilly little girls!

As for Smuggar and Anna, I hope they don't follow in his parents' footsteps. The TLC gravy train is going to be stopping shortly. I don't think they'll be as bad off as that quiverfull family that the mom and kids had to run around outdoors in order to keep warm, but those kids aren't going to have a great standard of living. :(

I don't think they will not follow the quiverfull doctrine and continue reproducing but most quiverful families aren't anywhere near the size of the Duggars such as Anna's family. Even right now Anna didn't get pregnant on her honeymoon with Mack and it took almost a year for her to get pregnant again. I also think Anna breastfeeds longer then Michelle so that might help slow down their family's growth. I think they will be a large family but not a freakishly large one.

Anna actually did pregnant before Micheal and had a miscarriage.

That bad baby name website gave me an idea for the second M girl Mercedes it apparently means virgin, which is perfect for a future SAHD!

Not exactly, but it is based on a title for the Virgin Mary in the Catholic Church: Nuestra Senora de las Mercedes--"Our Lady of the Mercies."

Anna actually did pregnant before Micheal and had a miscarriage.

I thought that happened right before she got pregnant with Michael? So it would have been a month or two less of an age difference. I just don't think Anna will be blessed (or cursed) with her MIL's crazy fertility.

But how exactly do you expect them to have fewer? In Quiverfull, even the rhythm method is forbidden, so it doesn't really matter if they want to have fewer kids because they have no way of actually doing anything about it.

JB and Michelle are on the extreme end of fertility, even for QF. Statistically more likely for Anna and Josh is a family in the 8-10 kids range.

I don't see them having as many kids as Jim Bob and Michelle. I seem to recall from the TLC show that the older Duggar daughters were tracking Michelle's cycle so she could get pregnant as often as possible. Plus, Anna's "womb" may be less receptive if there are fewer daughters born early to, ahem, help out. Finally, it seems clear that most of Jim Bob's wealth comes from TLC and once that gravy train ends there will be limited resources to subsidize Josh & Anna.

Archived