IGNORED

The Duggar Family Website

homeschoolmomma1

Has anyone been on the Duggar Family website lately? It seems so... different. The recipes are hardly listed and they finally took down their home address. Was all this changed after the scandal with Josh or did they just really do a major update?

NOTE: All recipes are valid for non-commercial useotherwise written permission must be obtained from the The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family. © Copyright 2011

This is on ALL their 'recipes' even the one from Jennifer Hartono. I don't for one second believe that they are any of the Duggars creations. You can probably find them on a million different places on the internet. This sounds both greedy (you need to gain permission from JimBoob and Moochele to commercially use a recipe that they admit they didn't come up with) and impossible to police. :roll:

Wow, they definitely changed up the site. It's slimmed down and has a more blog-like modern feel. There used to be many references to the TV Show and those all appear to be gone. The event request page is now a form and it used to direct people to TLC. Nothing is on their events calendar for the rest of this year. You are right, many of the recipes are gone.

I assume this is the blog maintained by Michelle, because the one run by Lily and Ellie, fans of the show, still has recipes.

duggarfamilyblog.com/p/recipes.html

Includes Tater Tot Casserole, Chicken Etti and all the classics.

:? She claims the Frito Pie is good for you because of the protein and iron in the beans and ground beef. UH, fritos, cheese and sour cream do not make a healthy meal. I'm sure it's delicious (I've had something similar called 'walking tacos' which are basically taco filling, lettuce and cheese poured into a single-serving bag of fritos, it's something I make with my girl scouts when we go camping sometimes because it's fast and easy provided you have cooked and seasoned the meat beforehand so it just has to be warmed up) but you have to be insane to think it's anything close to healthy.

Also someone on the comments to that page claimed fritos are low-carb. Um. Reminds me of when I was a freshman in college and one of the girls on my floor said she couldn't drink a soda of some kind because she was on a low-carb diet and it was carbonated. (Ironically, she probably was healthier not drinking soda, and sugars are carbs. But it just astonished me that she was trying to follow a diet without understanding what it was she was actually avoiding.)

Reminds me of when I was a freshman in college and one of the girls on my floor said she couldn't drink a soda of some kind because she was on a low-carb diet and it was carbonated.

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Sometimes all you can do is say "Oh. Okay." and move on. Because the effort of trying to correct them won't make them smarter, it'll only break your own brain. :lol:

This is on ALL their 'recipes' even the one from Jennifer Hartono. I don't for one second believe that they are any of the Duggars creations. You can probably find them on a million different places on the internet. This sounds both greedy (you need to gain permission from JimBoob and Moochele to commercially use a recipe that they admit they didn't come up with) and impossible to police. :roll:

You can't copyright a recipe if it's just a list of ingredients. Cook's Illustrated is possessive about their recipes, too, but at least they write an article around their recipes. http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl122.html

As for the website, they switched to the same template Jill and Jessa are using. I think someone around here said it's a generic wordpress template, so it's not unique their brand or anything. It's just more sloppy, half-assed* media outreach.

*It's a fine template for a blogging family, not for a family trying to be on a public stage, imo. Maybe they are returning to being just a blogging family, but other evidence doesn't really support that hypothesis imo.

Good I thought it was just me thinking this lol

Can they even blog? For people who calim not to go on the internet a lot. Oh wait that was 2008 Duggars not 2015

So I just looked on the website and read their "about me". They said how they did BC and had the miscarriage but said it like upset them because they were prolife? what does that mean?!...

So I just looked on the website and read their "about me". They said how they did BC and had the miscarriage but said it like upset them because they were prolife? what does that mean?!...

After the miscarriage someone (a doctor supposedly) told them that the miscarriage was caused by Michelle's use of the Pill. She felt like a murderer. She and Jim Bob prayed to God for murdering their own child and God not only forgave them, but promptly rewarded them with twins.

That's their story and they're sticking to it.

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Not gonna lie, read this and my first thought was "is butter a carb?"

Oh you know how it is when you have so many-- it is hard to remember if there are 2 grandkids or 4 or 6... The only reason why Michelle remembers she has 19 kids is because she and Boob repeat that fact given any opportunity but don't ask her how many of the kids are adults or how many in-laws she has.

I don't know what website your looking at but didn't anyone notice that John David is with his girlfriend? :clap:

I don't know what website your looking at but didn't anyone notice that John David is with his girlfriend? :clap:

Where did you see this? Because there is one picture of John-David & Jana. I don't think he is courting his twin sister

Who is John David's girlfriend?

Where did you see this? Because there is one picture of John-David & Jana. I don't think he is courting his twin sister

As a Duggar once said, "This is Arkansas after all."

Their you go...link for picture of JD and girlfriend Look close that's not Jana!

duggarfamily.com/index.cfm?p=family-scrapbook-the-boys

Their you go...link for picture of JD and girlfriend

duggarfamily.com/index.cfm?p=family-scrapbook-the-boys

That is Jana. It is the same picture used for their "birthday announcement" where Jana was quoted as a professional pianist and JD as a cop.

Archived