IGNORED

Iowa Mall Shooting

GeoBQn

My area experienced a public shooting on Friday. A security guard had been fired earlier that day because of sexual harassment complaints made against him. He went home, got a gun, came back to the mall, and shot and killed a 20-year-old woman in the food court area. She was an employee of the Iowa Children's Museum (entrance is off of the food court), and she had filed several complains that the guard was stalking her.

His Facebook page is filled with right-wing and pro-open carry memes. He is currently being held in jail on a $10 million cash-only bond.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/iowa-op ... ainst-him/

Wow, that's awful.

It also makes me really glad my state has solid stalking laws in place.

Wow, that's awful.

It also makes me really glad my state has solid stalking laws in place.

Those laws will be ignored by someone planning to murder in cold blood.

May Andrea Farrington rest in peace.

I feel kind of bad for his wife too. I mean, she's probably of the same fucked up beliefs as he is, but still, it must be AWFUL to find out your husband actually killed a woman.

But in the meantime, these people are poster children for why America's gun laws are way way way too lax.

Meanwhile I'm :angry-banghead: over some asshole MRAs.

rawstory.com/2015/06/mens-rights-fanatics-defend-iowa-mall-shooter-fired-for-sexual-harassment-its-hard-to-blame-him/

Those laws will be ignored by someone planning to murder in cold blood.

Well, yes. I'm referring to states that have lax or hardly enforced laws. In those states, people have even less of a recourse of support. I am fortunate to be in an area where this is taken seriously. It may not prevent everything, but at least there's somewhere to turn for some help.

Archived