IGNORED

Jon Gosselin Seeks Custody of Hannah

NotALoserLikeYou

And only her. Speculate

usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jon-gosselin-seeks-full-custody-daughter-hannah-11-2015145

Will it soon be Kate Plus 7? Jon Gosselin, the former reality star and father to Kate Gosselin’s eight children is seeking custody of his 11-year-old daughter Hannah, a source tells Us Weekly

There’s no word yet on why Jon, 38, is specifically seeking custody of Hannah and not his other children. The ex-spouses raised all eight of their kids on the TLC show Jon and Kate Plus 8. Since their divorce in 2009, Kate, 40, has had primary custody of her kids and her own TLC series, Kate Plus 8.

UPDATE: Gosselin's attorney Kristen Doleva-Lecher told Us Weekly in a statement: "Jon's priority is what is best for the kids... He will fight for them. Jon is currently not commenting on the situation. His focus remains on his children
Edited by Coconut Flan

E! Online says

So why just Hannah and not all of the kids? A source tells us, "Jon is filing for custody because Hannah has expressed she is unhappy and uncomfortable in the house with Kate Gosselin."

"In a perfect world, Jon would take all the kids, but he's not in a position to," the insider adds. "For now, he's at least trying to help Hannah. Out of all the children, she's the one voicing her discomfort."

The source continues, "So far, Jon has been tight-lipped about this because he's not seeking media attention. It's just about helping his daughter."

In Touch has some claims:

During a visit with her father on April 23, “She said she didn’t want to go home to her mom because she can’t take the cruelty anymore,†an insider exclusively reveals to In Touch. “Hannah was so afraid of her mom that Jon became concerned and called [berks County, Pennsylvania] Children & Youth Services and filed a report — and he took emergency custody of Hannah†— without a court order.

Not surprisingly, Kate flipped out.

“She showed up at Jon’s house and stood in the street screaming for Hannah to come home, but she wouldn't leave,†the insider tells In Touch.

“Then she called the cops on Jon and made claims about him,†adds the insider.

Kate (whose rep didn’t respond when asked for comment on this story) took the little girl back home after she spent four days with Jon.

“But Jon will be filing a petition to modify custody, and if he gets it, he’ll be contacting TLC to put a stop to filming [Kate Plus 8],†says the insider. “Hannah doesn’t want to film, but Kate is making her and she’s not the only child who has no interest in being on the show.â€

In Touch posted this story a few days before the others confirmed he is actually seeking custody. Interesting.

Well this sounds a lot like what happens when kids in a volatile divorce hit a certain age. Kids don't like something in one house they take advantage of the hate between the parents and want to leave. The grass is rarely greener.

Well this sounds a lot like what happens when kids in a volatile divorce hit a certain age. Kids don't like something in one house they take advantage of the hate between the parents and want to leave. The grass is rarely greener.

Except that if the issue is truly that she doesn't want to be filmed anymore, then the grass may be greener since Jon no longer has a reality show.

• Upvote 1

Yes, Hannah was one of the favs on the original show. Which is why this fascinates me.

I also saw something that said Jon claims Hannah doesn't want to be on TV anymore.

I always thought Cara - of the twins, Hannah, Leah, Aaden & Colin were Kates favs. But we've seen reports circa kindergarten or first grade that Colin & Alexis may have had anger/aggression control issues (that Kate denied). So things may have shifted. Joel was the forgotten child. Alexis (one of my favorites) always seemed hard for Kate to control or deal with somehow. And then there is Mady who is most like Kate (and oddly another of my favs if only because she's snarky and called out the BS).

Of all the kids Hannah wa low on my list for making a break for it.

• Upvote 1

Except that if the issue is truly that she doesn't want to be filmed anymore, then the grass may be greener since Jon no longer has a reality show.

Especially since I don't believe there are rules regarding children on reality shows in their state. 11 can be a point where the kids start going through puberty. I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted that filmed for national TV. I mean, we don't have all the details yet, but this sounds to me less like playing off of parental hate and more like this poor child just wanting privacy and to get away from a narcissistic(?) mother.

• Upvote 2

If Jon's custody application for Hannah is successful, it will be interesting to see whether any of the other kids then follow her lead. It's got to be hard being the first to want to leave (and risk Kate's wrath), but once Hannah goes - if she does, will any of the others go too?

• Upvote 1

Those kids need a guardian ad litem assigned to them. I feel for the kids, and don't doubt for a second that Hannah wants away from the show. Those kids are show dogs to Kate. I'm glad Jon's looking out for them. And I don't think it's a case of thinking things will be magically perfect at Jon's place. I think Hannah knows there won't be tv-show-funded trips, and probably a smaller place. So what is there for her there aside from no cameras? I think that's what she is after.

There should be a federal law protecting kids from having to live for the cameras.

• Upvote 1

Especially since I don't believe there are rules regarding children on reality shows in their state. 11 can be a point where the kids start going through puberty. I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted that filmed for national TV. I mean, we don't have all the details yet, but this sounds to me less like playing off of parental hate and more like this poor child just wanting privacy and to get away from a narcissistic(?) mother.

House Bill 1548 (AKA the Gosselin Law) was passed in PA in 2012, after a lot of hard work. It was modeled after CA's Coogan Law and gives reality T.V. children and the same protections as regular child actors. NY has a similar law to protect children on TV but other states are slow to follow. AFAIK, Arkansas has no such law.

The PA law required trust funds be set up (a mere 15%), which can be used for the children's health and educational needs, and mandates that a parent or guardian must be in sight and sound of the children at all times. It also requires a studio teacher on set for mandated schoolwork and rest and limits the number of hours they can be filmed. The Gosselin kids had no such protections for the first few years of filming. It was just plain wrong.

It seems that TLC/Kate Gosselin have been more cautious since the law passed, especially with this new series of "specials." Other shows (Dance Moms) not so much. Crazy stuff. I'm surprised if this is about Hannah not wanting to film. Some of the other G kids have seemed even more reluctant. Especially Cara and the boys.

Clueliss, I've always felt bad for Mady. She was definitely the outspoken one who took no shit and drew attention to the problems back in the old days. She also seems to have been the kid that drew the most criticism from the public over the years.

Quite aside from the marital problems, and both parents are dysfunctional, I feel strongly that children should not be on unReality TV. We don't know yet how destructive it will be to them in the future.

Stepping off my soap box now. :)

• Upvote 2

Jon is just as bad as Kate. Isn't this the same guy that agreed to sign over his rights in order to avoid child support? And then he was hanging out with all these women instead of getting a job and fighting for his kids. Sorry Jon gets the sideeye from me. tlc needs to stop with the specials.

Jon is just as bad as Kate. Isn't this the same guy that agreed to sign over his rights in order to avoid child support? And then he was hanging out with all these women instead of getting a job and fighting for his kids. Sorry Jon gets the sideeye from me. tlc needs to stop with the specials.

I'm no fan of either of the Gosselins but:

Totally unproven rumor probably originating from Kate's camp on the bolded. Kate apparently got legal custody during the divorce -- probably a big mistake on his part not to fight for shared legal. He still has visitation (shared physical custody) and has not signed over parental rights. Jon paid massive amounts of child support until he ran out of money. He was released from paying Child Support by the court several years later. Exact reasons unknown.

On the women, these are probably greatly exaggerated rumors too. Post the Glassman girl, he's had a couple of long-term relationships since the divorce and seems to date in between them. Horrors.

Jon also seems to have a big problem keeping jobs, but has definitely been employed on and off. He claims to have been in court many times to try to stop filming - but apparently the judge has approved Kate's making them work so far.

We agree that filming should stop, especially if the kids no longer want to do it.

• Upvote 3

I don't like either of them, but I thought Jon was ok until he did that season of Couples Therapy on VH1. He was ridiculous and it seemed hypocritical of him to do it, as he spoke about his children and Kate, drawing more attention to them while claiming he didn't want them to have that sort of attention. He seemed to like being in front of the cameras again.

I just don't think he is any better than Kate. I think he is of the same damn attention seeking breed. He seemed to be fine with his kids being on the show before they divorced. While I think stopping the show was for the best, I think he did it out of spite and not actually trying to protect the kids. I think they are both attention whores are both using their children as pawns.

After reading several different accounts of Kate (both online and books, friends and objective 3rd parties), I can totally believe this. And I am nervous for Hannah to go back to that house with Kate, because heaven knows what Kate is putting her through just for wanting to leave.

• Upvote 2

I'm no fan of either of the Gosselins but:

Totally unproven rumor probably originating from Kate's camp on the bolded. Kate apparently got legal custody during the divorce -- probably a big mistake on his part not to fight for shared legal. He still has visitation (shared physical custody) and has not signed over parental rights. Jon paid massive amounts of child support until he ran out of money. He was released from paying Child Support by the court several years later. Exact reasons unknown.

On the women, these are probably greatly exaggerated rumors too. Post the Glassman girl, he's had a couple of long-term relationships since the divorce and seems to date in between them. Horrors.

Jon also seems to have a big problem keeping jobs, but has definitely been employed on and off. He claims to have been in court many times to try to stop filming - but apparently the judge has approved Kate's making them work so far.

We agree that filming should stop, especially if the kids no longer want to do it.

Who owns the house?

I was on Jon's side, thought he was by far the better parent until he spoke publicly about having to strike when the iron was hot and the kids were still "marketable." This was before the divorce. In addition, the fact that he left those kids with that lunatic, knowing her temperament really bothered me.

House Bill 1548 (AKA the Gosselin Law) was passed in PA in 2012, after a lot of hard work. It was modeled after CA's Coogan Law and gives reality T.V. children and the same protections as regular child actors. NY has a similar law to protect children on TV but other states are slow to follow. AFAIK, Arkansas has no such law.

The PA law required trust funds be set up (a mere 15%), which can be used for the children's health and educational needs, and mandates that a parent or guardian must be in sight and sound of the children at all times. It also requires a studio teacher on set for mandated schoolwork and rest and limits the number of hours they can be filmed. The Gosselin kids had no such protections for the first few years of filming. It was just plain wrong.

It seems that TLC/Kate Gosselin have been more cautious since the law passed, especially with this new series of "specials." Other shows (Dance Moms) not so much. Crazy stuff. I'm surprised if this is about Hannah not wanting to film. Some of the other G kids have seemed even more reluctant. Especially Cara and the boys.

Clueliss, I've always felt bad for Mady. She was definitely the outspoken one who took no shit and drew attention to the problems back in the old days. She also seems to have been the kid that drew the most criticism from the public over the years.

Quite aside from the marital problems, and both parents are dysfunctional, I feel strongly that children should not be on unReality TV. We don't know yet how destructive it will be to them in the future.

Stepping off my soap box now. :)

I wonder if that's how she helps fund their private school?

I used to catch snippets of Jon & Kate Plus 8. I thought that he was a passive aggressive asshole and her personality made Joan Crawford look like June Cleaver. (Although in her defense Joan Crawford had better fashion sense.) If Kate thought that the money would keep rolling in, she would pimp those kids (especially the five daughters) even more aggressively than Kris Jenner.

• Upvote 2

He masturbated on national tv while filming "Couples Therapy" with his skank girlfriend.

He also agreed to let the kids film in exchange for zero child support. So basically, the kids are supporting themselves.

Now, he is a DJ or something. Whatever...fat dad of 8 working part time as a DJ. I am no fan of Kate, but at least she has enough hustle to keep the kids fed, clothed and private schooled.

I think both parents are equally atrocious in their own ways. Kate is a Lisa Pennington-level control freak, and John has no boundaries whatsoever. He can't tell others no, is not consistent in his behavior and lifestyle, and is generally immature. Poor Leah is jumping from one frying pan and into another. The only hope any of those kids have is their 18th birthday.

Who's Leah? I thought we were talking about Hannah.

Jon may not be a good parent, but I'm wondering if he's not the lesser of two evils?