IGNORED

Jon Gosselin Seeks Custody of Hannah

NotALoserLikeYou

Kate is a mean psycho harridan, but Jon's weakness annoys me to no end. He never wanted all those kids, and let her roll right over him. I bet he never even got to choose what was for dinner. :TrainWreckMotion:

• Upvote 2

How old are their older kids now (don't know their names) and when do they come of age?

Sounds like they could write a good juicy Mommy Dearest book and flee.  And file for custody of their siblings.

• Upvote 1

I think Cara and Mady are 13 or so.   I'm figuring with 8 kids at least one is going to write a tell all.  They might wait until Mom finishes paying for college, but it will come out.

• Upvote 2

While Jon is no saint, I think Kate is hideous. I have no doubt that she talked so much shit against him which caused some of the children to not want to be around him. 

• Upvote 8

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, downtherabbithole said:

While Jon is no saint, I think Kate is hideous. I have no doubt that she talked so much shit against him which caused some of the children to not want to be around him. 

I agree with you here.  I imagine Kate to give those who do go with Jon for weekends plenty of sarcastic and snarky comments when they return.  She is not a nice lady at all and perhaps the "weaker" children can't bear the bad feeling when they return.  Obviously totally speculative but she's not someone I'd like to cross.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Apricot said:

I agree with you here.  I imagine Kate to give those who do go with Jon for weekends plenty of sarcastic and snarky comments when they return.  She is not a nice lady at all and perhaps the "weaker" children can't bear the bad feeling when they return.  Obviously totally speculative but she's not someone I'd like to cross.

I agree. I totally believe that Kate is a narcissist, and that's often what narcissist parents do in a divorce: they make their kids feel shitty about seeing the other parent.

I really hope those kids are doing alright. I wouldn't want those two for parents.

• Upvote 2

I was watching the new flashback episode. Kate is a bitch but Jon is almost worse. I remember him being passive and not hands on. I hate to defend her but she had to be the parent. As a teacher, my kids went home at the end of the day. She has 6 kids that are exactly the same age feeding off one another. That must be crazy hard to deal with on a daily basis. Jon hasn't been present in like 5 years. He hasn't had stable employment and that rebellious stage, not cute. I wouldn't be surprised if all the kids don't want to go. At almost 12, they're old enough to know what they want. And it's true Hannah doesn't want to live with mom, I'm not surprised. She always gave off the shy, I don't want to be here vibe. 

• Upvote 4

• 4 years later...

Of course Kate is screaming abuse. She is tired of everyone knowing that she’s a child abuser and wants to now deflect into Jon. I’m not saying Jon is innocent. But Kate sure is using this to make herself look better.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I'm going to try and say this delicately... these children grew up in an awful household. Colin, particularly, has been neglected and abandoned. Even abused children want to love their parents and want their parents to love them. In this case, based on my own experience, I would not be surprised if Colin as said things about Jon in order to get attention from his mother. I do NOT think this is malicious, cruel, or intentional trying to cause Jon harm...I suspect he truly thinks this is the way things work. I hope it all works out and these kids get the comfort and stability they need.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

Kate talking about how her kids are more important than a dented car is rich. She's never put their happiness or safety over possessions. They went to Disneyland and she was afraid they'd get ice cream on their clothes. They go skiing and she's cleaning a hotel room instead of interacting with them. She used to leave them in their cribs for hours so she could scrub the floor twice a day. She flipped out on Colin when he got gum on a bear. The list goes on and on and on, she never appeared to be interested in her kids as more than attractive props. She got upset about mud in a rental van, paid for by TLC, when they went "gold panning" in Alaska. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Poor Collin.  His mother had him warehoused in a facility for a couple years and wouldn't tell Jon where he was.  I imagine he's got issues to deal with including anger.  I am aware that People magazine chose to portray Kate as the responsible "good" parent and Jon as the cheating, irresponsible spouse.  That was not true.  Kate is a narcissist, and those children were her money makers.  She had them working from damn near the minute they were born.   Jon is no prince, but he does love his children.  Sadly, he was easily manipulated and no competition for TLC's media control and attorneys.

So when I see this article in People magazine, complete with quotes from Kate, I take it with a huge grain of salt.  It appears there was a physical occurrence between Collin and Jon.  I'll wait to see if there are further details from a source I trust (not People magazine, a longtime Kate enabler, nor Kate herself) before making a decision on what happened.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Yup, at least 2 sides. I have a hormonal almost 16-yr-old kid who occasionally rages & says horrible things to me, partly due to anxiety. My kid can see events very differently than adults do, all seeing & hearing the same events. I’ve wanted to smack her a lot lately. Her psychologist tells me I can imagine smacking her but not actually DO it. He’s got kids too & gets how aggravating teens can be.

Apparently kids act out with the patent/adult they are closest to because they know that parent will never leave them, always forgive them & love them no matter what.

I think Kate slaps her kids regularly but doesn’t think it is abuse. Jon losing his temper once is kind of understandable. His parenting skills may suck. I don’t like either of them but it doesn’t sound like he routinely hits his kids. Anyone who has driven a car while being screamed at knows it is scary. Things get out of hand.

Jon needs help. Kate is probably beyond help with her issues.

• Upvote 7

I've seen this happen recently in my extended family (i.e. accusations of physical abuse from a minor) . It's likely a situation far more complicated than it looks at face value.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

They go skiing and she's cleaning a hotel room instead of interacting with them. She used to leave them in their cribs for hours so she could scrub the floor twice a day.

This sounds extremely OCD. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

This sounds extremely OCD. 

I feel like it's super weird that I remember discussing it on TWOP like 15 years ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/10/2020 at 7:36 PM, Shiny said:

I'm going to try and say this delicately... these children grew up in an awful household. Colin, particularly, has been neglected and abandoned. Even abused children want to love their parents and want their parents to love them. In this case, based on my own experience, I would not be surprised if Colin as said things about Jon in order to get attention from his mother. I do NOT think this is malicious, cruel, or intentional trying to cause Jon harm...I suspect he truly thinks this is the way things work. I hope it all works out and these kids get the comfort and stability they need.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true or sometimes kids his age post stuff like this that when they are in trouble out of anger and delete it, while we can never be sure what goes on behind closed doors and it still needs investigated. I don't see Jon being violent with him, their were a lot of accounts of people seeing a nasty side of Kate and how she was heavy handed when it came to the children but no one has ever said similar about Jon.

Kate wrote in her own copyrighted journal's about hitting him as a baby and how she disliked him and she sent him away, kept him away from his siblings and didn't tell his father where he was even when the court told her to, even if Jon hit him, she still shouldn't be making herself out to be good parent or person here, Jon has made a lot of mistakes especially after the divorce and probably isn't the best dad but he still far better than Kate. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

My guess:  Colin was raging & out of control.  The dad tried to restrain him.  The kid got bruised in the process.  

Kate is such a mother-f**ker.  Her response:  cash in by granting an interview to people magazine.  She declares she never hit the kids.  Kate forgets to mention that she was raging morning, noon & night at the kids so there was no need to impose a physical punishment.

I feel for the kids. They are just pawns in Kate’s life. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Jon has made a lot of mistakes especially after the divorce and probably isn't the best dad but he still far better than Kate. 

I'd say that anyone can watch old episodes of Jon & Kate + 8 and see for themselves how awful Kate was as a mother, but I also live in a world where people can watch Trump speeches and think he comes off as intelligent and well spoken so I can't trust my own opinion, much less anyone else's. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

People could watch Michelle Duggar admit to blanket training and the buddy system and still think she was a great mom. It's a crazy world we live in. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

My guess:  Colin was raging & out of control.  The dad tried to restrain him.  The kid got bruised in the process.  

Kate is such a mother-f**ker.  Her response:  cash in by granting an interview to people magazine.  She declares she never hit the kids.  Kate forgets to mention that she was raging morning, noon & night at the kids so there was no need to impose a physical punishment.

I feel for the kids. They are just pawns in Kate’s life. 

This, Kate going to the media is not what is needed. Collin took the post down quick and as a 16 year old with ADHD that has had a tough time and if Jon did restrain him and accidentally bruise him, I could understand why him in that moment may have felt he had been beaten. Kate wanting to make profit over the child she sent away and didn't even turn up to court when Jon filed for custody is just sick. Kate seems to be someone who everyone who has had dealings with says she is a horrible person, she even made the Palin's look nice. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2