IGNORED

Jon Gosselin Seeks Custody of Hannah

NotALoserLikeYou

Regardless of what the truth is, it’s appalling Kate has claimed the spotlight again. It’s even more outrageous that Kate - who has spent literally years exploiting and verbally abusing her children for money and views - is crying foul. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8740845/Jon-Gosselins-daughter-Hannah-jumps-defense-shocking-claims-beaut-son-Collin.html

Looks like poor Collin flipped out and the dad had to restrain him poor Jon such a no win situation and instead of Kate helping she is just being Kate.

Yes she had no right inserting herself into it considering she doesn't bother to even see Collin or Hannah. It's all about point scoring to her. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

If you don't want to go to the above link (the ads on that site are insane!), I've gone there for you:

Spoiler

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8740845/Jon-Gosselins-daughter-Hannah-jumps-defense-shocking-claims-beaut-son-Collin.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'My dad has never been abusive. He loves us.' Jon Gosselin's daughter Hannah jumps to his defense after shocking claims he kicked and punched his 16-year-old son Collin

By RYAN PARRY, WEST COAST EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 17:13 EDT, 16 September 2020 | UPDATED: 17:14 EDT, 16 September 2020

Jon Gosselin's daughter has jumped to her father's defense in the wake of shocking claims he beat his son up, saying: 'My dad loves us... he's never been abusive.'

In an exclusive statement given to DailyMail.com Hannah Gosselin said Jon has always been a 'very loving and supportive dad' and that he's stuck by his kids no matter what.

Hannah, 16, witnessed the incident during which Jon's son Collin, also 16, told police his dad punched and kicked him.

And Hannah has confirmed to DailyMail.com that she told investigators her dad never hit Collin.

This comes as her estranged mother Kate Gosselin, who hasn't seen Collin in over five years, spoke out against her ex-husband Jon.

'Jon is a violent and abusive person,' Kate, 45, told People on Wednesday.

Kate claimed she was notified by the County of Berks, Pennsylvania Child & Youth Services that Jon was under active investigation over the incident.

'If this doesn’t qualify as assault, I don’t know what does,' the Kate Plus 8 star said of the alleged encounter.

On September 3, Collin posted on Instagram that his father was a 'liar' who 'beat' him.

'He punched me in the face and gave me a swollen nose and I started bleeding,' wrote the teenager. 'He then continued to kick me in the ribs after I was on the floor.'

The post was subsequently deleted.

DailyMail.com has since learned the incident was investigated but any claims were unfounded and the probe was dropped within 24 hours.

Berks County District Attorney John Adams also confirmed no charges or citations were issued as a result of the incident. 

Hannah told DailyMail.com: 'My dad has been there for me and Collin no matter what.

'He’s been a very loving and supportive dad throughout everything.

'Collin is facing many difficult issues and my dad is doing everything in his power to help him. My dad loves us and has never been abusive to us in any way.'

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com Jon himself shot down Kate's claims he's still being investigated for child abuse, he said: 'It's not true, I would never hit Collin, ever. I love him with all my heart.'

Collin and Hannah live with Jon, while the other children stay with Kate

Jon claims his son, who is dealing with behavioral issues, is troubled, and his report is untrue.

Upset Jon said: 'I really didn't want to have to come out and talk about this for Collin's sake, but when Kate is in the media attacking me, calling me a child abuser, I have to defend myself. I love my son and I would never hurt him.'

Jon found fame alongside Kate on the Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality show featuring their life with eight children; set of twins Mady and Cara, both 19, and sextuplets Collin, Hannah, Leah, Alex, Aaden and Joel, all 16.

Collin and Hannah live with Jon, while the other children stay with Kate.

Jon explained it started out as a typical day on September 2 and he had taken Collin and Hannah for a dental appointment.

But in the car on the way home the two teenagers began to fight in the back and the verbal spat escalated when the family arrived home.

'It was just like sibling rivalry stuff, but when we got home things escalated into something different,' Jon explained.

'Collin got very upset and started acting out so I intervened. He started throwing stuff at my car, denting it and shouting f**k you.

'I was angry and I confronted him and then he threatened to run away. We've had problems with Collin in the past running away and I was worried, he was upset so I restrained him.

'I didn't punch or kick him, I restrained him, which he obviously wasn't happy about. He's 16, he's a 16-year-old boy.

'I restrained him and then I backed away, because you never want to restrain your kids, it's the most heart-wrenching thing you ever have to do.'

Jon said soon after he drove away from the house to give Collin some space to calm down. But his daughter called minutes later.

'Hannah called me and said Collin's going to call the police. So I turned around, I came back and he called the police,' Jon recalled.

'He told them I punched him in the face and kicked him in the ribs. And I was like, I didn't do any of that stuff.'

Jon says an officer arrived soon after and interviewed him and Collin and also Hannah who witnessed the incident.

'Hannah saw the whole thing and she gave her statement and I gave my statement,' Jon said.

'Hannah told them I didn't hit Collin and the police could see there were no marks or bruises on him.'

Jon said the police officer accepted Jon and Hannah's version of events, but as a mandated reporter he was required to report the incident to CYS.

'I get it, the police have to do their job,' Jon conceded. 'The CYS came out and interviewed us and they also spoke to Collin's mother Kate and his other siblings and that was the end of it, the claims were unfounded.'

The former reality star says he was told by his lawyer the following day that any CYS investigation had been dropped and no further action would be taken by the police.

The morning after the incident, as a punishment for Collin's shocking behavior, Jon decided to take the boy's Xbox and some other stuff out of his room.

'You can't just go about doing things without consequences,' Jon said.

'But then he threatened to do an IG post if I don't give his stuff back. So now he's using leverage.

'I said, "I don't care, I'm still gonna discipline you". I told him I loved him, but it's just the way it's got to be.'

He said that while Collin was 'caged' for three years at a behavioral institution, his mother only visited him three times for less than two hours total, all while refusing to tell Jon where Collin was being kept.

Jon has been dealing with the fallout ever since.

'Dealing with a child with mental health issues is taxing, I'm taxed,' the IT consultant admitted. 'But I love my son. I will not give up. I go to therapy, we all go to family therapy, to deal with having a son that has been traumatized and abused by his mother.

'It's very difficult for me. I'm trying to learn how to handle Collin, I have my own demons as well, but I never punched him or kicked him or anything like that.

Jon added: 'None of this is Collin's fault. He's 16. He's got a lot of issues to work through and we're here to help him.'

Only one new photo, apparently a still-shot taken from the now deleted IG post Collin made accusing Jon of abuse.  He's a handsome kid, but looks pretty unhappy in the photo.

Edited by Flossie
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 12

I feel so bad for Collin. Of course he acts out. His mother abandoned him years ago to be locked up in a facility while his five other same age siblings got to stay with her. Jon can only do so much. He can’t erase the pain that Collin went through at such a young and vulnerable age. I just hope that things don’t get worse once Collin is 18 and can leave the house and stay away. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

On 9/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, Howl said:

This sounds extremely OCD. 

It sounds a lot like mental health. A lot of the time when people are so anxious, they resort to cleaning. My sister had severe anxiety after having her twins, and she would often be cleaning the house at random times, or leaving her partner with the twins so she could do a house chore as a way to escape. Kate is a monster for a lot of things, but I genuinely believe leaving the kids in the cribs to clean was a coping mechanism for her. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel so bad for Collin. Of course he acts out. His mother abandoned him years ago to be locked up in a facility while his five other same age siblings got to stay with her. Jon can only do so much. He can’t erase the pain that Collin went through at such a young and vulnerable age. I just hope that things don’t get worse once Collin is 18 and can leave the house and stay away. 

Even before being sent away, Collin was the scapegoat. He was always the one in trouble for normal kid things. Kate is vain and self-centered and she cared more about what her kids looked like and how clean things were than her children's experiences. 

• Upvote 4

At least Collin is in the best place for him. Even if he is acting out and needing restrained. I firmly believe he is better off with Jon than with Kate or in the facility. And I’m glad Hannah is there too. Hannah might be furious at Collin right now for calling the cops on Jon. But those two need another sibling in the house. I hate that the sextuplets are split up but at least 4 and 2 are together. 

• Upvote 11

I feel for the other 4 kids/2 adult "children" who are likely being brainwashed that their dad is abusing their brother.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 13

Jon's interview sounds pretty rational and reasonable.   I like that he's taking Collin to therapy and attending himself to know how to care for Collin.  Good on him!

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Once again, it's the Daily Mail, the site of more popup ads than you can shake a stick at.  I've gone there so you don't have to, unless you want to see the accompanying pics.  The only one I hadn't seen before is a current photo of Kate, and she's not aging well.

On to the article:

Spoiler

Reality star Kate Gosselin was accused of physically and emotionally abusing her son, zip-tying him to a chair, inventing bizarre and humiliating punishments and making him sleep in the basement, bombshell new report claims. 

Multiple sources have told DailyMail.com that documents submitted to a court in Pennsylvania during the bitter custody battle between Kate and ex-husband Jon Gosselin allege that Collin Gosselin detailed the horrific abuse by his mother to a court appointed therapist.

Citing a December, 2018 report submitted to the Court of Common Pleas of Berks County, Pennsylvania the sources claim a certified traumatologist and counselor concluded that Collin was suffering from trauma and chronic PTSD.

The female expert claimed in the paperwork that after her third session with Collin, as a mandated reporter, she was duty bound to report the alleged abuse to Childline.

DailyMail.com has reached out to Collin's father Jon who confirmed the existence of the shocking report, but he said he's unable to comment. 

In the past, however, the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star has accused his ex wife of child abuse multiple times.

But only now - as the bitter row between Jon and Kate erupts once again with allegations flying in both directions - is the full shocking extent of the allegations of mental and physical abuse of their son at the hands of Kate coming to light.

Jon has full custody of Collin after fighting for him when he discovered Kate had sent him to a child and adolescent behavioral health facility in Pennsylvania for three years without informing his father.

The most recent claims come as Kate, who has only seen Colin twice in the past five years, slammed her ex who was wrongly accused of abusing his son following a recent altercation.

'Jon is a violent and abusive person,' Kate, 45, told People on Wednesday last week.

Kate claimed she was notified by the County of Berks, Pennsylvania Child & Youth Services that Jon was under active investigation over the incident.

'If this doesn’t qualify as assault, I don’t know what does,' the Kate Plus 8 star said of the alleged encounter.

On September 3, Collin posted on Instagram that his father was a 'liar' who 'beat' him.

'He punched me in the face and gave me a swollen nose and I started bleeding,' wrote the teenager. 'He then continued to kick me in the ribs after I was on the floor.'

The post was subsequently deleted.

DailyMail.com has since learned the incident was investigated but any claims were unfounded and the probe was dropped within 24 hours, according to a letter given to Jon.

Berks County District Attorney John Adams confirmed no charges or citations were issued as a result of the incident.

Jon told DailyMail.com that Kate's claim is untrue and Collin is troubled as a result of the trauma and PTSD he has suffered due to the abuse by his mother.

'I really didn't want to have to come out and talk about this for Collin's sake, but when Kate is in the media attacking me, calling me a child abuser, I have to defend myself. I love my son and I would never hurt him.'

Sources close to the case say Kate's comments against Jon are outrageous given her track record of allegedly abusing Collin.

In a heartbreaking report by Collin's therapist, which the sources claim is in the documents submitted to the court, Collin told the therapist his mother treated him differently than his other siblings, removed him from playtimes with his brothers and sisters and often made him sleep in a closet or the basement away from his family.

Kate, sources claims, branded Collin a 'bad' child in need of punishment and the boy felt he was seen as not deserving of the same affection his siblings would receive because he was still talking to his father Jon.

It's understood the traumatologist conducted a number of psychological tests on Collin and diagnosed him with chronic PTSD brought about by trauma. 

According to the sources in her report, the therapist documents Collin's statements that as he grew older his experiences with his mother were based on fear.

According to one source, Collin told the therapist that when he didn't behave he would be subjected to bizarre and outlandish punishments by Kate including having him zip-tied to a chair. 

'The report says he perceived certain events as threats which the therapist said is a classic reaction to trauma and PTSD.'

The shocking report, the sources state, is indicative of someone who has been victimized, suffering from  emotional and physical abuse, leaving them feeling increasingly powerless.  

According to the report, the reality star also allegedly shamed and humiliated him over his behavior - emotional abuse that led to a deterioration in how he behaved in public and at school. 

And Collin places the blame on his mother who was his primary caregiver at the time.

DailyMail.com reached out to the law firm representing Kate and asked whether her attorney Colleen Norcross had any response to the allegations of abuse leveled at her client.

An assistant said: 'We cannot talk about that,' before hanging up the phone.

Another source close to the family said: 'Jon is a loving father who has never abused his son. He has done nothing but parent his children and attempt to stay out of the public eye for years.

'Jon has evidential medical proof that Collin's PTSD was caused by Kate's relentless physical and emotional abuse of him. It's a sad situation when a mother who has both physically and psychologically abused her son then sent him away and abandoned him, points the finger at the innocent parent.

'Jon has 100% legal and physical custody of Collin who now refuses to see his mother because of her long term abuse.'

According to DHS documents seen by DailyMail.com multiple allegations of suspected child abuse against Collin when he was in Kate's care were investigated.

But in follow up letters Jon was informed that the agency had determined the reports were 'unfounded' due to a lack of evidence.

Jon claims Kate didn't like Collin being 'difficult' and 'stubborn' as a young boy so sent him into care despite him having no known diagnosed medical condition other than common ADHD.

Last year DailyMail.com published a heartbreaking letter written by Collin while inside the facility revealing how the then 12-year-old boy pleaded with his dad to get him out, writing: 'You're my dad, my savior, please help me.'

The letter, written in crayon, also detailed allegations that Kate had been 'abusive' towards her son.

The three page note, dated June 21, 2017, was smuggled out of the institution by the boy's older roommate and passed to Jon.

Horrified, Jon immediately took steps to verify the letter and have his son removed from the facility.

The family source said: 'Jon had to fight to find Colin and remove him from the facility to care for him and love him. 

'Kate visited Collin a total of two times in three years while he was in the facility.

'Since Jon had him released, Kate has never attempted to contact, Collin or even show up to his custody hearing.

'Instead, she has shunned him and told his siblings he is "crazy" and to do the same.'

Legally the warring couple had joint custody over their flock for years but after a long protracted court battle a judge decided the children should decide for themselves where they want to live. Collin has been living with his father full-time since February 2018, along with his sister Hannah. The other four sextuplets: Alexis, Aaden, Joel and Leah live with their mother Kate, while twins Mady and Cara, 19, are away at college. 

In an interview with DailyMail.com last week Jon says he has been dealing with the fallout of Collin's PTSD since he left the behavioral health facility.

'Dealing with a child with mental health issues is taxing, I'm taxed,' the IT consultant admitted. 'But I love my son. I will not give up. I go to therapy, we all go to family therapy, to deal with having a son that has been traumatized and abused by his mother.

'It's very difficult for me. I'm trying to learn how to handle Collin, I have my own demons as well, but I never punched him or kicked him or anything like that.

Jon added: 'None of this is Collin's fault. He's 16. He's got a lot of issues to work through and we're here to help him.'

Jon and Kate divorced in 2009 after 10 years of marriage, and found huge fame thanks to their reality series Jon & Kate Plus 8.

The former couple first welcomed their twins in 2001; the sextuplets followed in 2004. Most recently Kate starred in the reality dating series, Kate Plus Date, in 2019.

Edited by Flossie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

Kate is pure evil.  I hope Collin can eventually lead a happy, fulfilling life but he has a difficult road ahead.  If good thoughts from strangers online can help, he's got 100% of mine.  May karma catch up with his miserable mother and her enablers.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, EmmieJ said:

Kate is pure evil.  I hope Collin can eventually lead a happy, fulfilling life but he has a difficult road ahead.  If good thoughts from strangers online can help, he's got 100% of mine.  May karma catch up with his miserable mother and her enablers.

While I do agree with the sentiment. I don't know if Kate is to far gone. But my sincere wish for her is for her to change her ways and begin to heal herself and her children. This would be the best outcome for all involved. Barring that, I hope that (at least) Jon has a front row ticket when the Karma train arrives. 

Kate is horrible, but I do think her changing her ways and being a decent human being could really help Colin, poor mite, like all kids, he just wants to be loved and fucking Kate is a hag. Plus I hate that he is apart from the rest of his family. At least he has Hannie. I am also glad Jon also has Hannie because at least she could witness that Colin is not abused by Jon. At least I have not seen in the media that they (or Kate) are saying that Jon has Hannie lie to cover for him. I am glad that she is that bit older and her word is seen as more "credible" than say if she was 6. (credible as in less likely to be manipulated).

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, clueliss said:

Not surprised to be honest, she isn't even interesting to watch as a train wreck anymore, all her attempts at doing other things have failed and when she has been on other shows, people around her found her a nightmare to work with, she probably needs to downsize. After her mocking Jon when he had financial troubles and had to take waiting jobs and rent a one bedroom apartment, I bet her pride is hurt but I can't feel sorry for her. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

She should have sold that house years ago. When they moved in, there were 10 people in the family living in that big expensive house. Now it’s just 4. Sorry but you don’t need a huge house for 4 people. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She should have sold that house years ago. When they moved in, there were 10 people in the family living in that big expensive house. Now it’s just 4. Sorry but you don’t need a huge house for 4 people. 

Did one of the other sextuplets move out? I count 5, Kate and the rest of the sextuplets. 

Still, 5 people don't need that much space, especially some can share rooms. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, anjulibai said:

Did one of the other sextuplets move out? I count 5, Kate and the rest of the sextuplets. 

Still, 5 people don't need that much space, especially some can share rooms. 

Whoops I meant 5. Half of the original amount when the house was bought. 

• Upvote 3

I think the last time Kate earned any money was when she did the show where she went on arranged dates.  I haven't watched any TLC crap in years, but I did read recaps.  It seemed to be rather a dud.  Upkeep on that property, plus property taxes, plus monthly mortgage = $$$$$$.  Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't had to put it on the market sooner.  No one wants her on any TV show, and I imagine she'd be a nightmare employee, so where does that leave her?  I'm putting my money on her trying to land a wealthy husband.

• Upvote 3

On 10/16/2020 at 3:10 AM, EmmieJ said:

I think the last time Kate earned any money was when she did the show where she went on arranged dates.  I haven't watched any TLC crap in years, but I did read recaps.  It seemed to be rather a dud.  Upkeep on that property, plus property taxes, plus monthly mortgage = $$$$$$.  Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't had to put it on the market sooner.  No one wants her on any TV show, and I imagine she'd be a nightmare employee, so where does that leave her?  I'm putting my money on her trying to land a wealthy husband.

I think she hopes for a wealthy man as well but her personality is so off putting that most men who may find her attractive in looks will run a mile because her horrible personality. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I think she hopes for a wealthy man as well but her personality is so off putting that most men who may find her attractive in looks will run a mile because her horrible personality. 

She has a lot that would make a man run from her. Her personality is a huge one, but also the fact that she has 8 kids, a nasty relationship with her ex, and life in the public eye. A man would have to be ok with all of that and I doubt many men are.

• Upvote 4