IGNORED

Tontitown VFD Getting annoyed?

3 is enough

I wonder if JD, Jana, and Jill's fellow volunteer firefighters are getting a bit fed up with all of their prolonged absences. I assume they have some sort of rotating schedule, but the Duggars are always travelling.

They've been all over the place this summer, Jana went to Journey of the Heart in June, she and Jill went to Peru, and now they are going to be gone for 25 days on the mystery vacation.

I assume that means the other volunteers have to pick up the slack. They have lives and families too. I would think they are getting fed up picking up the shifts that the Duggars can't fill.

My boyfriend is a volunteer firefighter. While he's nowhere near Tonitown, I'm pretty sure volunteers do stuff when they can, not on certain schedules. It might work differently but it's still volunteer.

Volunteer firefighters are on call when they're available and come when they can. My bil is a volunteer and he carries a radio wherever he goes, but only responds to calls when he's not at work.

I doubt TFD is depending on the Duggar girls for anything at all, except when it's convenient for them.

Who knows, maybe they're NOT? Maybe when the Duggars take a powder, alternate volunteers gladly pitch in and do the work the Duggars aren't there to do?

I think most if not all of this volunteer activity is staged to shut up critics who claim the kids esp the girls are sheltered.

Yeah, I suspect that the Duggars aren't really that serious about it or that into it. It's probably a fun gimmick but they're probably not the big shots they think they are and are only minor players compared to other volunteers. I doubt they are even important enough to be missed.

They are probably getting annoyed about the film crew wanting to film fire department actvities, but not with the traveling. I'm a volunteer firefighter and we have a lot of people in our department who travel a lot either for pleasure or for work. It's not a big deal; when a call comes out, whoever is around town goes. It's not like other people are having to do things because someone is gone, because we'd go to the call whether or not other people are around.

What exactly is 'Journey of the Heart'? Is it something to prepare her for courtship?

It's a big Gothard thing to make teenagers feel guilty and confess all of their "sins" (like maybe being a little bit angry at family members who well deserve anger).

Archived