IGNORED

The Royals on E!

Et Moi

If TWOP was still around people would have been all over hate watching this mess.

So true! I could barely get through the pilot. Did you stick with it? Previously tv has a good thread going.

So true! I could barely get through the pilot. Did you stick with it? Previously tv has a good thread going.

I've been watching religiously. It's gloriously awful.

I have seen this twice while channel surfing, it's boring and no Joan Collins in the bits I saw.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching religiously. It's gloriously awful.

I'm with you, Et Moi.

Except the history buff and Emily Post-loyalist in me wants to die a bit inside. My Canadian friend always has so much to say when we watch, it's hilarious.

But Princess Eleanor is my spirit animal. If only I had the guts to be so ballsy.

One of the best parts about it is just how little they're trying to even come close to being an accurate picture of the monarchy.

One of the best parts about it is just how little they're trying to even come close to being an accurate picture of the monarchy.

Actually, they are trying to jam too much snarky royal history into the show at once. Making fun of the current royals with all modern day problems while taking the war of the roses and throwing that in to. It's all too much with a lot of bad acting.

This is my guilty pleasure right now. I catch it as I can on tv.

Bad acting, pretty clothes, weird story lines - this the Kardashians, the Real Housewives AND Teen Mom all rolled into one!

I think they're actually just creatively painting a picture of what a monarchy would look like if the kids didn't give two flying figs. It's a reasonable curiosity since we don't see that a whole lot. I think Eleanor is acting out like a lot of kids I knew. Nothing about her behavior surprises me.

At the same time...I cannot wait to see where this goes tonight. I'd love if everyone would stop blaming Eleanor for everything!

I'm with you, Et Moi.

Except the history buff and Emily Post-loyalist in me wants to die a bit inside. My Canadian friend always has so much to say when we watch, it's hilarious.

But Princess Eleanor is my spirit animal. If only I had the guts to be so ballsy.

One can imagine how fast threads on TWOP would be shut down for this show.

This happens to be my guilty pleasure, but I would have thought that in the pilot, they would have used a royal flag on the casket, or the flag for the Prince of Wales if the prince who died had been invested with that title. In the pilot, they had the Union Jack covering the casket instead which I thought was unusual.

It is such a guilty pleasure. Though I admit I've been losing interest after the past few episodes have been running in crazy circles.

Helena really is insufferable.

And they say "reprehensible" a lot.

Archived