IGNORED

"How to Build a Strong Christian Home" Part Two

Burris

"A Multi-Generational Vision"

(For those who haven't read part one, click here.)

Alas, this one isn't terribly snark-worthy.

In talking about the creation of a genetic legacy, Fuentes writes...

"In order to build a strong home, you need to think ahead. Think of the architect who begins to build a beautiful cathedral. He doesn’t just start slapping brick and mortar together. No, instead the opposite is true; he sits down and plans his dream, he refers to professionals for counsel, and then he will sketch out his masterpiece."

This is the kind of situation where children are raised to see themselves not as individual parts of a family, but rather as extensions of their parents' own ambition. That idea is at the core of so-called "multi-generational faithfulness."

Most parents want their children to be good people and hard workers. Fundamentalist parents are more concerned about ensuring their children - however else they turn out - will not lose the faith.

Naturally, Fuentes assumes the worst of her readers when she offers that...

"Many of you come from dysfunctional homes. Homes broken with abuse, divorce, neglect, you name it. This is an opportunity to put a stop to that vicious cycle that has perpetrated its ugly head in past..."

...by choosing an equally vicious ideology where some of the inner circle's most respected members advocate striking infants with an instrument.

"My husband and I are first generation Christians. We both come from broken pasts, but we have purposefully chosen to break destructive cycles with help from God. We have chosen to take a stand for Christ in our lives and to defend Him, our Christian family, and home-life with all that we’ve got."

While I can sympathize with their decision to set the past aside and work toward a better future, the underlying belief here is that there is but one path to peace - a path so narrow that most self-described Christians, who act in earnest while alive, will still spend eternity being tortured for having failed to live up to the Fuentes' standard.

The following hubris takes a lot away from Fuentes' initial claim to merely want to end a destructive cycle. Rather, she offers the utterly impossible - and I can't help but think she tempts God with a claim such as this:

"We have also resolved that this will be the generation in our family to end the destructive cycle of divorce on both sides of our family."

That will be a neat trick - convincing grandkids and great-grandkids to remain married even in such situations as a wedding should never have occurred at all.

Abused? Well, fuck you; your great grandmother decided divorce is history in her family.

Fuentes then asks three questions:

1. What kind of home did you come from? Was it Christian? Was it not?

2. What would you like to emulate from it? What would you not?

3. What kind of legacy are you leaving your children?

The answers, for my part, are quite simple:

1) Sucked. Not Christian. Barely human.

2) Not a damned thing.

3) I have no children. My legacy is in my writing: I leave it as a warning to the children of other people - including those of June Fuentes.

She is just regurgitating (badly, I might add) all the same bullshit that DougPhillipsIsARapistTool and GeoffBotkinIsAGiantBlowhard have spewed for years. She used to be one of their most ardent leg-humpers.

June always struck me as sort of a Lady Lydia with a family. Her blog is nothing but frilly, flowery pictures stuck with other people's quotes and Bible verses. No original content or writing ability to speak of.

"In order to build a strong home, you need to think ahead. Think of the architect who begins to build a beautiful cathedral. He doesn’t just start slapping brick and mortar together. No, instead the opposite is true; he sits down and plans his dream, he refers to professionals for counsel, and then he will sketch out his masterpiece."

Does she know what architects actually do? How many architects are designing cathedrals? And how many are doing double-duty as stone masons? Jesus Christ.

:oops:

Archived