IGNORED

Canadian family lived with man's dead body for six months

doggie

They were waiting for the Miracle to come....

39 Jesus said , Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead , saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh : for he hath been dead four days. 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe , thou shouldest see the glory of God? 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid . And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said , Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. 43 And when he thus had spoken , he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth , bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go

So, wife in this was like Martha... figured he's smell, but Maybe Jesus would raise him anyway....

The thing that pisses me off the most about this story is that CPS was involved, determined that the kids were not in harms way, and closed the case :pink-shock: :wtf:

That's also what pisses me off about this case, that CPS decided to close the case instead of removing the kids. One of my cats once left a rat they killed in the garage in the summer, and it didn't take too long for the stench to become so noticeable.

PETA is planning a billboard in Hamilton related to this case

"are there corpses in your home? time to go vegan"

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/peta-links-deli-meat-to-dead-man-peter-wald-in-proposed-ad-1.2860778

I work in Hamilton with families that are often involved with CAS. The family also moved to another municipality right after the eviction notice, and CAS Hamilton would have informed Niagara CAS and closed their case. It doesn't mean that Niagara CAS isn't involved. But if the children are clean, well fed, generally cared for, and there isn't any gross neglect or abuse going on, I would assume that CAS Niagara would close the file. The mother plead guilty and received a suspended sentence. So them closing a file may also be dependent on the mother completing the requirements of her probation. CAS around here are generally avoid removing children in their care unless there is an immediate threat to well being. Sometimes it's great, other time it frustrates the hell out of me.

I was also thinking of A Rose For Emily when I saw this.

A friend of mine owns rent houses. A guy hit his head in the shower and died. Four days later, the mailman noticed the mail was stacking up and notified the police for a welfare check. My friend said the stench when they opened the door was unbearable.

I've heard horror stories about people who lived alone, died, and were there for months but I never thought that someone who had a family would have that happen to them. :pink-shock:

And now the next time someone says something is in God's hands, I'm going to be concerned!

PETA is planning a billboard in Hamilton related to this case

"are there corpses in your home? time to go vegan"

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/peta-links-deli-meat-to-dead-man-peter-wald-in-proposed-ad-1.2860778

Fucking vile. Every time I think that PETA has sunk as low as it can go, it finds a new way to be even more disgustingly opportunistic and tasteless.

Something similar happened in Jackson Michigan a few years ago. A family asked the police to do a welfare check on their elderly father, they had not seen him in over a year. Police went to the home and asked the lady who answered the door where hew was. She took them to a recliner in the living room covered with a blanket. The pulled off the blanket and found a mummified body.

The woman said he had passed away and she just threw the blanket over him. She had been living with him for years and did all of his banking and bill paying so she just kept on doing it and living off his retirement income. Autopsy said he had been dead about 18 months. When the asked her why she didn't rrport it when he died and she said she has no resources of her own and no where to go. she was tested and found to be insane and put into some kind of public institution.

Its sad that it took his family that long to do something. There are so many things wrong with the whole situation.

Fucking vile. Every time I think that PETA has sunk as low as it can go, it finds a new way to be even more disgustingly opportunistic and tasteless.

Yeah, from my perspective, they are well-funded trolls.

"Let's elevate animals by denigrating humans!" Really, let's not.

This is the kind of thing nightmares are made of. Think about how awful it must of been for the kids to keep their secret. My BFF in my early twenties boyfriend hung himself in an abandoned house. His body was there four months before discover. We were really shook up. We all thought he ran off to California. A neighborhood friend growing up mom died and it took two months before anyone knew she died.

Archived