IGNORED

Modesty: If you were yoga pants, Your husband will be mad

acat7

This whole relationship is making us worry. He is mooching off of her and seems to be moody and controlling to boot. She is nearly 39, fancies herself to be unique and artistic, so she feels super-duper special to be dating such a special snowflake "artist" (he is a mediocre painter who refuses to get a day job) and super-duper sexy because he is only 23 and super-duper rebellious because he is black. And, of course, she just can't be alone. He acts less mature than my very immature 19 year old nephew and is dragging her into (more) debt to support his luxurious lifestyle. We assume that if someone younger and cuter with more money comes along, he'll be gone in a flash.

Well let's hope her naturally law-unto-herself nature resurfaces and she gets fed up with being told what to do by him!

I just wanted to let you all know that right before I started reading this thread I'd changed out of a skirt into a pair of yoga pants. I needed to wash the blouse I was wearing and the top I changed into went better with yoga pants.

I wear skirts 90% of the time, but when I wear yoga pants Partner never fails to grab/smack my bottom as I go past. I'm pretty sure he's not angry about me wearing them......

Yoga pants... make the butt look great, but watch the camel toe... I have seen some unfortunate choices here.

On telling your husband what not to wear... very timely for me... my mid-40s dh was always slim but middle age has crept up on him and he's not looking as good in his jeans as he used to. He was wearing a particularly unflattering pair yesterday... and I couldn't decide whether to say anything. It's not like I'm some hot young thing either...

There is something called a couchini for the camel toe. :evil-eye: I only know this from game of crowns.

I keep my mouth shut though my husband dresses terribly. I might have to put my foot down tomorrow as we Re going to a fancy dinner for a special anneversary and I am pretty sure my husband will wear his soccer uniform to it.

Making a suggestion now and then to prevent something awful is one thing. I'm talking about those women who pick out all of the poor guy's clothes in the store, toss out everything they don't like and pretty much lay out what he is going to wear each day. Of course, these are also women who don't allow their husbands to have any say in the decor in the house, the cars they drive, the flowers planted outside, or the food the poor man eats, etc...One poor friend of my husband's who has not made a choice of his own for ten years asked him before we were married what he was going to do with all his stuff when I moved in, because obviously, he would not be allowed to keep any of it. So not true in our relationship. And I find it interesting that some of these same woman would think it an abusive relationship if the poor men tried to turn it all around on them.

I totally get what you're saying here, but I wonder how many of these men are like my husband. I buy all his clothes, usually without him there. He didn't really have a style when we met, and he was very happy to have me help in that department. He looks really good, by the way ;-). When it comes to our home, I always ask his opinion about stuff, but he really honestly doesn't care. He says I am the one that has to be here all day, and he wants me to love my surroundings. I still think it would be fun if he cared more about fashion and decor, but I'm good the way we are too. If he did care, I certainly wouldn't put down his every opinion and insist on things being my way.....it's extremely distasteful and unloving for women to do that.

I totally get what you're saying here, but I wonder how many of these men are like my husband. I buy all his clothes, usually without him there. He didn't really have a style when we met, and he was very happy to have me help in that department. He looks really good, by the way ;-). When it comes to our home, I always ask his opinion about stuff, but he really honestly doesn't care. He says I am the one that has to be here all day, and he wants me to love my surroundings. I still think it would be fun if he cared more about fashion and decor, but I'm good the way we are too. If he did care, I certainly wouldn't put down his every opinion and insist on things being my way.....it's extremely distasteful and unloving for women to do that.

Same here - if I didn't buy Partner clothes he would be wearing the same falling apart few pairs of shorts and t-shirts he was when I met him, and probably the same suit and few business shirts for work as well, paired with some ties his mother gave him when he started his first office job in the mid 90s. He very much appreciates me taking the time and energy to buy him clothes, but be wouldn't prioritise it himself. He's happiest when new clothes just appear in his cupboard. He doesn't even particularly enjoy me showing him what I've bought him - but he does enjoy finding something comfortable and that looks nice when he goes to get dressed.

Same with the house - if I left it to him it would be empty but for a computer, a comfy chair, a bed and an old lounge suite, just like it was when I moved in. He simply didn't care enough to decorate - but he loves coming home to a pleasant space that I have decorated.

There is something called a couchini for the camel toe. :evil-eye: I only know this from game of crowns.

I keep my mouth shut though my husband dresses terribly. I might have to put my foot down tomorrow as we Re going to a fancy dinner for a special anneversary and I am pretty sure my husband will wear his soccer uniform to it.

I had to Google the cuchini.... :lol: :lol:

http://www.cuchini.com/cuchini-fashion- ... uy-cuchini

:lol: :lol:

I think it is such a warning sign of bad things when anyone tells their partner how to dress. It is controlling. My idiot sister-in-law is dating a much younger man who now "dresses" her on a regular basis. She is required to wear outfits and accessories picked out by him and wear them exactly as he orders her to. We were out for brunch with the whole family last month and it was a 90 degree humid midwestern summer day and he had made her wear a jean jacket over her sundress. She was complaining how hot she was the entire time and my husband finally told her to take off the damn jacket. She looked at the little boyfriend then said "Boyfriend picked it out to finish off this outfit, so I really can't take it off and ruin the look"

I believe this is similar to why Cabinet Woman wears skirts only and head covering (she's the only one in the church they attend to wear the head covering, per one post a while back.) I believe it is because he decided that they should decide for her to wear this, as a sign of obedience to him. The idea that it is for God is a good cover.

20 years ago, I saw two people walking along in normal clothing (jeans, whatever) with a dog chain/leash attached to the woman's belt loop and the handle in her boyfriend's pocket. (State fair, KS) The jacket and the lone headress wearing wife seem similar--just less obvious.

I believe this is similar to why Cabinet Woman wears skirts only and head covering (she's the only one in the church they attend to wear the head covering, per one post a while back.) I believe it is because he decided that they should decide for her to wear this, as a sign of obedience to him. The idea that it is for God is a good cover.

20 years ago, I saw two people walking along in normal clothing (jeans, whatever) with a dog chain/leash attached to the woman's belt loop and the handle in her boyfriend's pocket. (State fair, KS) The jacket and the lone headress wearing wife seem similar--just less obvious.

It truly is not a religious thing with sister-in-law and the little boy she is dating. She calls herself "spiritual but not religious" , recently declared yoga her "spiritual path" and has some mishmash shrine with Hindu statues, a Buddha and a Virgin Mary in her (illegal pseudo-) apartment. As for him, I think the only thing he worships is himself. And possibly bare butts. But that's a whole 'nother thing.

This woman's a moron. No, men are not a homogenous group who all have the same likes and dislikes.

My boyfriend (and his best friend, who is now a priest) thinks that lululemon pants are the hottest. That, and short dresses. But if I wore his most hated outfit (my oversize trackies), why would he be angry?

Oh God, so not just this couple then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7204543.stm

I've seen a lesbian couple do that while going to a night club...

But the leash was attached to her belt loop, not a collar. And it was a club where that sort of thing is expected.

Is that real?????

Cause seriously-camel toe protectors, a rubber band thing to make you look like you've had a facelift, sprays to make your poops smell good? The insanity :D

It seems it is endorsed by Dr. Oz which makes it immediately suspect.

For what it's worth, I would never tell my husband what to wear but I have discretely disposed of some of the more awful items of clothing in his closet (the shiny blue polyester elastic waist man-blouse for example).

Making a suggestion now and then to prevent something awful is one thing. I'm talking about those women who pick out all of the poor guy's clothes in the store, toss out everything they don't like and pretty much lay out what he is going to wear each day. Of course, these are also women who don't allow their husbands to have any say in the decor in the house, the cars they drive, the flowers planted outside, or the food the poor man eats, etc...One poor friend of my husband's who has not made a choice of his own for ten years asked him before we were married what he was going to do with all his stuff when I moved in, because obviously, he would not be allowed to keep any of it. So not true in our relationship. And I find it interesting that some of these same woman would think it an abusive relationship if the poor men tried to turn it all around on them.

Haha...my husband has no say in what he eats . And when he whinges I point out that he is more than welcome to take over planning/shopping/cooking meals if he would like something different (I'm a crap repetitive cook)...and he shuts up!

He does manage to dress himself though.

I don't wear yoga pants in public (other than the gym) ...but that's ust me, I'm sure if I had a fine arse I'd be flaunting it everywhere in some defrauding pants.

Haha...my husband has no say in what he eats . And when he whinges I point out that he is more than welcome to take over planning/shopping/cooking meals if he would like something different (I'm a crap repetitive cook)...and he shuts up!

He does manage to dress himself though.

I don't wear yoga pants in public (other than the gym) ...but that's ust me, I'm sure if I had a fine arse I'd be flaunting it everywhere in some defrauding pants.

Clearly, something is wrong with my marriage. Sorry, everyone. But we were both independent adults capable of handling our own lives prior to marriage and we remain so. My husband does not need me to buy all of his clothes or dictate his diet (he'll have what I cook for dinner because I do the cooking--but I am talking about people who tell their husbands what they can and cannot order when in a restaurant, out without their wives, etc...we know one woman who monitors her husband's debit card and inspects his car to make sure he has not had fast food she disapproves of him eating). Frankly, if he expected any of that, I don't think our relationship would have lasted. I have enough on my plate without being married to someone who needs a mother.

Archived