IGNORED

Holy Make-Up! - Redeeming Beauty

blisterine

Yeah, the lipstick pics are just a big ole mess. I have a huge crate of various minerals and supplies for making makeup. Maybe I should clean out my coffee grinder and get to work. I'm no beauty expert but I do know how not to look like a trainwreck.

I don't want to criticize another woman trying to have her own business, but, logically, wouldn't it be easier to mix the primer with the pigment and then apply it on. And not as messy? That is the innovation, not having it bleed off the lips like that. You have no control over application.

Granted, that's the trained makeup artist in me talking. And sometimes she makes too much sense.

The whole thing looks so unprofessional to me. The mascara tubes with the el cheapo sticker to put her branding on it -- yipes! At least get a label that goes around the whole tube.

I was never a huge mineral fan (it never sat right on my skin) but that mineral lipstick with primer looks like a joke.

Yes, I will snark. That makeup looks like a hot mess. No way, no how would I ever buy makeup or put makeup on my face made in such a manner. We have no idea how it was put together and what their standards are for cleanliness.

The "lipstick" isn't lipstick at all, but colored powder applied on top of the primer. Are you kidding me? No wonder it looks awful, she's essentially putting eyeshadow on top of vaseline and calling it an invention. She needs a good lipliner and a consult with her development team STAT.

She lists the ingredients of the "primer" as shea butter, and that's it! That can't be right! Right?! I mean, pure shea butter on one's lips would just be a greasy mess, I would think.

Also, I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this idea sooner. I'm not a fundie or even all that religious, but a "Christian makeup company" would be tapping into a previously untouched market. Damn, maybe I should still do it. I bet I could make products better than this Kool-aid-stain-looking mess.

The whole thing looks so unprofessional to me. The mascara tubes with the el cheapo sticker to put her branding on it -- yipes! At least get a label that goes around the whole tube.

I was never a huge mineral fan (it never sat right on my skin) but that mineral lipstick with primer looks like a joke.

There are companies that sell you generic cosmetics and you can stick your own label on them. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw that mascara

Did you read her about section?

I did! and surprise surprise, she's about as intelligent as Jim Bob. How can a person be gullible and skeptical at the same time? All of her pseudo-scientific gobbledegook about "toxins" causing her pain after a car crash is maddening, like she never stopped to think that maybe her pain was cause by the nerve damage she said she had?!. I'm sorry if anyone is a natural healing kind of person, but to me saying you got treatment from a holistic chiropractor after a traumatic injury is basically saying you received no treatment. Also, "fewer knots from fewer toxins" what does that even mean???????? I guess she never considered that since she wasn't sick before the car crash due to "toxins" that the "toxins" may not actually be the problem.

I have a long and complicated medical history, this stuff gets me really worked up.

Christian cosmetics...but isn't it a bit odd that she has colors with names such as "Scarlet Sin?" Isn't that an ungodly name for a Christian product?

I also agree it's really strange that she doesn't simply mix the minerals with the primer first before trying to apply the lipstick, but what stood out for me was the fact that her lips are so dry and cracked in every lipstick photo. I would have gently exfoliated my lips several times with a small brush, loofah, or lip mask before wearing homemade lip products in pictures meant to go on my professional website.

She lists the ingredients of the "primer" as shea butter, and that's it! That can't be right! Right?! I mean, pure shea butter on one's lips would just be a greasy mess, I would think.

Also, I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this idea sooner. I'm not a fundie or even all that religious, but a "Christian makeup company" would be tapping into a previously untouched market. Damn, maybe I should still do it. I bet I could make products better than this Kool-aid-stain-looking mess.

It's not too late to make a competing company...I'm sure the Jingerites would have some great names for you.

The "lipstick" isn't lipstick at all, but colored powder applied on top of the primer. Are you kidding me? No wonder it looks awful, she's essentially putting eyeshadow on top of vaseline and calling it an invention. She needs a good lipliner and a consult with her development team STAT.

WOW. I didn't even click on them, but did now. How on earth is that going to last longer than a few minutes? And how messy!

I don't want to criticize another woman trying to have her own business, but, logically, wouldn't it be easier to mix the primer with the pigment and then apply it on. And not as messy? That is the innovation, not having it bleed off the lips like that. You have no control over application.

Granted, that's the trained makeup artist in me talking. And sometimes she makes too much sense.

I won't snark the desire, but I'll snark the business. Good for her for wanting to do something, but her ideas are just plain bad.

According to my Bible, makeup applied that badly will keep her out of heaven. I don't care if you're a basic consumer and apply your makeup badly. Not everyone has an eye for it, cares enough, or has practiced enough to do a good job with their makeup. If you're making and selling makeup though, you better have the skills to back it up. Not doing so is a sin in my book.

Her makeup contains no chemicals. Hence, it doesn't exist.

Nars does make wonderful blush in Orgasm and Super Orgasm.

I was looking for a lipstick along the Harlot or Whoredom families of colors.

I have both Super Orgasm and Sin. I'm considering buying Deep Throat. Nars blushes are the best, hands down.

I have both Super Orgasm and Sin. I'm considering buying Deep Throat. Nars blushes are the best, hands down.

Get it! Beautiful color. I keep it in my regular rotation!

Archived