IGNORED

Hellena Post is Blogging Again

happy atheist

Part 1 of the discussion is here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12399&hilit=meet+hellena

Hellena is an Aussie hippie. Her man is Currawong. Their many children have unique names (Spiral-Moon anyone?). She is friends with Sparkly Lauren, but seems to actually care for her children. Her blog went dark for a while, but she's back now and as odd as ever. Be prepared for giant walls o' text and nudie pix of a heavily pregnant (and laboring) woman. Also, much talk of sex. Even during labor. Like, after the first twin was born, but before the second. :pink-shock:

Hellena's blog: spunoutpost.blogspot.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just discovered it and OH MY GOD THE NAME OF HER CHILDREN. Zarrathustra ? I love Nieztsch so much, but no, no, just no ! It's name abuse !

I begin the exploration...

I've just discovered it and OH MY GOD THE NAME OF HER CHILDREN. Zarrathustra ? I love Nieztsch so much, but no, no, just no ! It's name abuse !

I begin the exploration...

Bon chance!

Help me! I've fallen into a wormhole. A time suck that reeks so strongly of bodily odors and patchouli, that I can smell it through the wi fi.

:puke-huge: :crying-green: I am now traumatized by the birthing experience. :violence-stickwhack: :violence-stickwhack: and what is with those names?

Yay! Currydong!

I spent some time this morning pondering Hellena's armpit "good news" and trying to figure out if it was a translation of the KJV and, if so, could Candy please get a whiff and maybe a new and different version of her salvation story. (Really, Hellena? The more hair the better? Everyone needs to trim up, sometimes.)

I've lost my social life. I spen all my time reading Hellena blog and the thread on freejinger about it. Urg. I'm working my english for sure.

I've lost my social life. I spen all my time reading Hellena blog and the thread on freejinger about it. Urg. I'm working my english for sure.

She writes in English? I never realised :lol: :lol:

I loves Hellena!

I don't think I've ever been so thankful that blogs don't come with a scratch-and-sniff option.

When Hellena talks of cyber bullying ... is she talking about FJ? :?

Yes. The first thread about her was pretty intensely snarky, especially about the 3 day twin home birth with sexual interlude, kids names and the extremely pretentious love story she wrote about her and Currawong.

However, there has always been a strong thread of support for Hellena - it's obvious she loves her kids (although I have my doubts about their ability to integrate into the real world she is obviously doing what she thinks best), she seems genuine in who she is (unlike sparklier than thou Lauren) and seems pretty content to live and let live.

While I don't feel bad for snarking on things that are eminently snarkable, and think that the unschooling and home births with unlicensed and incompetent midwives are incredibly irresponsible, I still find her very likeable.

She admitted in her post about "Internet bullies" that the reason it upset her so much was because we were focussing on things she second guessed herself about. She should be second guessing herself about putting her own and her babies lives on the line and about raising her children in a way that will severely limit their options in life as adults. But I don't think she's a bad person, and while her parenting has it's issues I don't think she's neglectful like Lauren.

I agree with some of her opinion on public schools. However, when more than one member of the family seems completely unable to co-exist nicely in any sort of typical education setting for very long, don't you wonder if maybe it's not the schools with the huge problem?

I also agree that her kids seem well cared-for and loved. She seems just as holier-than-thou as Sparkles to me, though. They're pretentious and uber-artsy-special. Also, she places some amount of healthcare trust in someone she says is proud to be illiterate. I personally wouldn't trust the proudly ignorant as a drinking buddy, let alone as a medical provider.

And she wrote the most brilliant, mind-blowing paper ever seen at university but had to quit because she was using too many big words? Please. That sounds like a nice way to justify quitting. I don't doubt that the paper was showed around the department, but probably not for the reasons she thinks.

• 1 month later...

Hellena has a new post (June 9) and good God is it snark-worthy! I guess I was most bewildered by this line:

"Lilly who loves all animals had a hard time getting to love leeches, but all of them have quite a large respect for leeches now, and will let them feed till they drop off."

This entry is dedicated to describing all of the pets that they have accidentally killed through their ignorance. They had a female dwarf rabbit when their neighbor had a big male rabbit that was kept outdoors. Surprisingly, Hellena knew that it would be dangerous for the female to get pregnant by the male (she knows pregnancy can be dangerous?) so she asked her neighbor to keep the male indoors. The neighbor refused, and instead of keeping her bunny inside, Hellena lets her outside where she gets pregnant and then dies. Hellena blames her neighbor.

Another time, Hellena kills her daughter's pet rat by leaving its cage in the sun, when she specifically moved the cage from it's original spot so that the rats would get more shade.

A bunch of wtf, but at least the kids seem like they have pretty good lives.

Hellena has a new post (June 9) and good God is it snark-worthy! I guess I was most bewildered by this line:

"Lilly who loves all animals had a hard time getting to love leeches, but all of them have quite a large respect for leeches now, and will let them feed till they drop off."

This entry is dedicated to describing all of the pets that they have accidentally killed through their ignorance. They had a female dwarf rabbit when their neighbor had a big male rabbit that was kept outdoors. Surprisingly, Hellena knew that it would be dangerous for the female to get pregnant by the male (she knows pregnancy can be dangerous?) so she asked her neighbor to keep the male indoors. The neighbor refused, and instead of keeping her bunny inside, Hellena lets her outside where she gets pregnant and then dies. Hellena blames her neighbor.

Another time, Hellena kills her daughter's pet rat by leaving its cage in the sun, when she specifically moved the cage from it's original spot so that the rats would get more shade.

A bunch of wtf, but at least the kids seem like they have pretty good lives.

Never mind the gross animal mistreatment-- they love leeches and let them feed till the drop off, so it's all cool!

Leeches CAN be good for your health, actually. If one has problems with venes and / or needs a so-called blood-refreshing. Otherwise... they are gross and slimy. :ew:

Indeed, special breed "MEDICAL" leeches can be useful for therapies.

The common leech from swamps etc. is actually a carrier of many parasites and pathogenic germs. People could easily get sepsis from using them on their own.

Indeed, special breed "MEDICAL" leeches can be useful for therapies.

The common leech from swamps etc. is actually a carrier of many parasites and pathogenic germs. People could easily get sepsis from using them on their own.

I´m always learning something here, thanks!

In Turkey, it´s quite common to have a own breed of leeches in a jar in the bathroom and to offer it to your guests... :disgust:

She is just full of gold, isn't she?

I particularly liked when she described "Dreamer the Cat" and how he suits his name because - amongst other things - he "gets the shits" when his owner is away for too long.

She is just full of gold, isn't she?

I particularly liked when she described "Dreamer the Cat" and how he suits his name because - amongst other things - he "gets the ***s" when his owner is away for too long.

I wondered about that too! Could it be Australian slang for something like "loses his ***"/"goes crazy", or does it mean "gets diarrhea" like it does in American?

I wondered about that too! Could it be Australian slang for something like "loses his ***"/"goes crazy", or does it mean "gets diarrhea" like it does in American?

Means gets grumpy/sulks (we call it getting shitty, or gets the shits!)

Means gets grumpy/sulks (we call it getting shitty, or gets the shits!)

Maybe I'm overtired, but I cannot stop laughing at this. Talk about potential miscommunication! And all of the Americans reading her blog are wondering how she knows her cat gets diarrhea when they're gone. :lol:

Maybe I'm overtired, but I cannot stop laughing at this. Talk about potential miscommunication! And all of the Americans reading her blog are wondering how she knows her cat gets diarrhea when they're gone. :lol:

Ha! It also means that over here! Just doesn't in this instance!

• 3 weeks later...

I saw over at Lauren's Sparkling Adventures Facebook that Hellena had a 'closing of the womb' ceremony. Does anyone know what this means? Menopause? Hysterectomy? An attempt at cosmic birth control?

And more importantly: could they schedule one for Michelle Duggar?

Archived