IGNORED

The Thinking Housewife

Kathryn31

I will admit that until last week I had never visited her blog. Yea I know. After reading for about fifteen minutes I had dry socket from my mouth hanging open. It seemed like a giant, hateful, sad joke. There is no way that someone could seriously think believe the vitrol she was posting. Honestly I thought it HAD to be fake.

Twenty minutes later I stopped reading and for my own sanity did not go back.

I think I have PTSD from her posts.

All I can say is :o

Guest Anonymous

I get the same feeling and cannot go back to her site because I just get sick or angry. There`s no joy in reading her garbage and I hope she gets shut down.

• 4 weeks later...

This website, The Thinking Housewife is a joke, right?

Please tell me it's a joke, sort of like Monty Python, you know, "Well, it's not meant to be taken literally, it applies to all manufacturers of dairy products." Please.

I know, I can't stand her/him. I would love for it to be a joke.

The part about the education of black people took my breathe away, and

not in a good way. Lately she's been defending slavery.

The biggest joke is that she thinks she's a modern-day Aristotle.

When in fact, she's just another sexist, racist MRA who has too much time

on her hands.

IF it's not a bad joke.

I always thought dear ole Laura was an MRA posing as a housewife, b/c they

had the mistaken belief they could spew more bile that way.

*MRA = Men's Rights Advocate

I know, I can't stand her/him. I would love for it to be a joke.

The part about the education of black people took my breathe away, and

not in a good way. Lately she's been defending slavery.

The biggest joke is that she thinks she's a modern-day Aristotle.

When in fact, she's just another sexist, racist MRA who has too much time

on her hands.

IF it's not a bad joke.

I always thought dear ole Laura was an MRA posing as a housewife, b/c they

had the mistaken belief they could spew more bile that way.

*MRA = Men's Rights Advocate

She's always been awful, but lately it seems like she's really gone off the deep end. I've noticed that some of the far right MRA sites that I occasionally have to research for work have been dropping her site from their sidebars/blogrolls.

Really? That's interesting. I wonder why. Maybe all the racism.

I think it's possible. She's really gone off the deep end on the racial issues and while there are probably some rasist MRAs who agree with her, it's not something you'd really want to be associated with if they're trying to create a consensus.

Yeah maybe. She had a post from another reader (who might be a TH sockpupet, who knows) about how she used to be some hippy dippy liberal and married a black guy and was so pleased with her being all tolerant and then she realized that she hated black people and thought interracial marriages are wrong (but will she divorce her husband because she's a racist, parasitic fuckwit? nope! Apparently even abjectly hating your spouse because of the color of his skin isn't good enough reason for divorce in fundie Catholicism. I mean I guess as long as you're obeying him, love and honor can go straight out the window. Maybe she thinks she gets extra martyr brownie points for staying married to a man she loathes.)

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... ion-story/

Out of curiosity, what kind of job do you have that requires you to monitor MRA sites? Is is the southern poverty law center or something similar?

VodouDoll, I read that post and :shock: That is racist garbage. Education should be different for different races??? Oh she is so compassionate.

I think it's possible. She's really gone off the deep end on the racial issues and while there are probably some rasist MRAs who agree with her, it's not something you'd really want to be associated with if they're trying to create a consensus.

Yeah maybe. She had a post from another reader (who might be a TH sockpupet, who knows) about how she used to be some hippy dippy liberal and married a black guy and was so pleased with her being all tolerant and then she realized that she hated black people and thought interracial marriages are wrong (but will she divorce her husband because she's a racist, parasitic fuckwit? nope! Apparently even abjectly hating your spouse because of the color of his skin isn't good enough reason for divorce in fundie Catholicism. I mean I guess as long as you're obeying him, love and honor can go straight out the window. Maybe she thinks she gets extra martyr brownie points for staying married to a man she loathes.)

Out of curiosity, what kind of job do you have that requires you to monitor MRA sites? Is is the southern poverty law center or something similar?

I'm an attorney and sometimes men's rights/father's rights issues pop up in court.

Well, that's an interesting letter...

She seems in some ways similar to the TH, if she IS in fact a SHE...in that she looks at her husband as a sort of exemplary black who somehow rises above all she loathes about his culture, just as the TH sees herself as a woman who is "set apart" (to insert fundie-term) from other women. She didn't actually say she hated her husband, just "his people"...so I don't know how that works without a whole lot of cognitive dissonance, but there you have it. From what she said her husband has bought into her madness too. Can we say self-loathing? It's like they're trying to pretend that he's white or something so she won't have to deal with being in that interracial marriage that she hates so much.

If the TH writer(s) isnt't (aren't) male, she (they) certainly have learned to write in a distinctively "male style."

I'm sorry I can't describe it any better than that. It just *sounds* male. (And I write that unironically!)

Well if you spend all your time reading MRA blogs, it's not a suprise that you'd pick up some of their writing habits.

I don't know why but I'd rather believe that despite all of their bile and vileness that TH, full of bile, grep and the rest of the MRA lapdog crew are women. I mean sure anyone can be anyone on the web (Google the whole gay girl in Damascus thing) but I don't know I think it almost absolves them of all the awful hate speech. I don't give MRA guys a pass either but it seems extra bizarre to see woman trying to suck up to the MRA movement and either get beaten down or treated like pets.

With regards to the racist woman in the interracial marriage, okay that exaggeration about her not loving her husband, she stil loves him but she also says

do not openly support mixed-race relationships, but now that I am in one, I have to do the best I can to just be honest and truthful about it.

To me it's like if you were in a say a self loathing in denial gay person in a homosexual relationship who decides to join the ex-gay movement. Could you really stay in that relationship if you think homosexual relationships are wrong? (note this isn't at all what I believe, just trying to come up with an equivalent kind of change of heart) If you can't support the foundation principles behind your marriage, can you really value your marriage? Or is it because her husband is some special snowflake exception to her "I hate black people" perspective he gets a pass?

If the TH writer(s) isnt't (aren't) male, she (they) certainly have learned to write in a distinctively "male style."

I'm sorry I can't describe it any better than that. It just *sounds* male. (And I write that unironically!)

YES. I can't think of another woman who writes in that style--and I can't describe it, either. It's just... male.

I have always had my doubts about the realness of the Non-Thinking Lousewife. I think it's more likely than not that "she's" just some hostile male jerk who enjoys taking the piss out of people.

I've been reading her off and on for a long time (despite my zero posts, I used to be part of the previous Free Jinger board and found her through there).

I'd always thought she'd done a good job of presenting herself as a woman who deeply believed that a woman's true destiny is raising a family and that "modernity" has robbed women and the world of all good things, etc., but her whole tone changed once she posted that she needed donations to keep the website running.

I wonder if the people she got donations from were all men's rights advocates and racists, and that's why her focus has changed lately? I'm not saying that the men's rights language wasn't there before, but it's stepped up about ten notches, and the blatant racism was never this emphasized.

I've been reading her off and on for a long time (despite my zero posts, I used to be part of the previous Free Jinger board and found her through there).

I'd always thought she'd done a good job of presenting herself as a woman who deeply believed that a woman's true destiny is raising a family and that "modernity" has robbed women and the world of all good things, etc., but her whole tone changed once she posted that she needed donations to keep the website running.

I wonder if the people she got donations from were all men's rights advocates and racists, and that's why her focus has changed lately? I'm not saying that the men's rights language wasn't there before, but it's stepped up about ten notches, and the blatant racism was never this emphasized.

That's possible. But she's been spouting racist crap for YEARS.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/?s=race

I think she's a woman too. I also think she's half of her commenters. They all write the exact same way she does.

Guest Anonymous
I think she's a woman too. I also think she's half of her commenters. They all write the exact same way she does.

She's already a FEMALE female impersonator. Why would she balk at a little sock-puppetry?

She's a racist who will ignore the obvious explanations to seize on any theory that supports her white supremacy. When I first read her blog, I didn't think it was too bad. Obviously it was a slow week for her because she never fails to amaze and dismay me.

If you look through the archives, she was not this controversial until recently. Did someone's daughter get impregnated and abandoned by a person of another race? There must be something behind this new and constant animosity.

I recently saw a news item about how redheads are going to be 'extinct' in several decades because it is a recessive gene and people are racially mixing more and whatever else. My first thought was... I can't wait to see the Stinking Housewife's article on this. Come on, Laura, we know you read here, where is the outcry? The whitest of white people are being bred off of the planet! lolz

OT: I don't really buy it because my mother's family is Central Asian Jew and redheads still pop up occasionally. I'm interested in knowing how red hair entered that genome, but you definitely see it (despite a general tendency toward dark complexions in the ethnic group) and I have a ginger daughter as proof.

Och, I actually think she's gone way past this board's remit. She's well into Stormfront territory.

I don't read at Stormfront or fash websites because, well, they're fascists. Looking at "Laura" (believe that if you like)'s recent posts shows she's fash. They should be fought in the streets, not debated on the interwebz.

I actually alerted the Southern Poverty Law Center about the NON-Thinking Housewife. They haven't written about her yet, but I bet they are pretty busy covering hateful fucks who are committing horrific, violent crimes due to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

I thought this ancient post at NON-Thinking Housewife's blog summed her up really well. Not only does it show her racism (would she be so quick to eviscerate the Obamas' official family portrait if they were white?), but it also seems to sum up her ideas on being the "right" kind of mother.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/200 ... te-mother/

The NON-Thinking Housewife may put herself on a pedestal because she's been out of the workplace for nearly 25 years to devote herself to her home and family, but never once have I gotten a warm, nurturing vibe from her. I have a feeling she's a very cold and unaffectionate mother.

I actually alerted the Southern Poverty Law Center about the NON-Thinking Housewife. They haven't written about her yet, but I bet they are pretty busy covering hateful fucks who are committing horrific, violent crimes due to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Excellent! Thanks for that, I have a couple of issues with the SPLC but that's great she's on the radar :) :)

She's moved into fash territory. Granted she's not advocating violence, but she has a following, and "her posts aren't violent yet" are the nicest thing one can say about her.

Archived