IGNORED

Highest Ranking Republican Woman in DC

salex

In effort to show women they care, Republicans are going to have a the highest ranking Republican woman in DC do the rebuttal of the state of the union address. Apparently the highest ranking Republican woman is more or less unknown.

Most of the national television audience hasn’t heard of Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, the highest-ranking Republican woman in Washington, D.C. and the standard-bearer tasked with delivering the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s address. But Republicans hope that she’ll make an impression with her unapologetically conservative message, her journey from humble origins to the U.S. Capitol, and her family-friendly biography as a busy mother of three young children.

She and her brother worked at their family’s orchard and fruit stand in Kettle Falls, Wash., near the Canadian border. She was the first in her family to attend college, working odd jobs – including as a motel maid – to pay her way through Pensacola Christian College in Florida. After managing a state House campaign for a family friend, she got a job as a legislative assistant – and was appointed to replace her boss when he was appointed to state Senate.

That was all before her 25th birthday.

She lost me at Pensacola Christian College and the bit about the cronyism appointment.

nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/24/22419482-gop-taps-its-top-woman-mom-of-three-for-obama-rebuttal?lite

I would have thought PCC would frown upon any student working, let alone a woman.

I am still working through the cognitive dissonance of any woman in power in a party that advocates female submission to either her husband or father.

Wouldn't Susan Collins be higher ranked? She's a US Senator since 1997.

Susan Collins is too middle-of-the road for the Teabaggers.

Sigh. She's my congressperson, and she's nothing but a pile of talking points. Heaven forbid she get away from her script. I can't remember the last time she held a town hall, or took questions at any event that wasn't pre-approved by her staff. There was a time, in her first couple of terms, where she seemed like she really cared about representing our district. Then she got onto the leadership track and seemed to forget all about those of us back here in the "other" Washington. Sadly, this mostly rural district will never bother to look past the party label and elect someone else. At least western WA has the good sense to keep our state government firmly in the blue, despite the local yokels over here voting against their own best interests.

Wouldn't Susan Collins be higher ranked? She's a US Senator since 1997.

I think they're going by position held in the Republican caucus rather than seniority in Congress - Cathy McMorris Rodgers is currently chair of their caucus.

I get the feeling this will be just as awkward as Marco Rubio.

This former state senator doesn't think women should vote.

http://thescarletwoman.tumblr.com/post/ ... omen-ought

ETA: I get that Susan Collins is very moderate, but she is the highest ranking female Republican in DC. As far as I can tell.

WTF did I just read? She was a working woman in the U.S. Senate no less who voted on bills. She also admits she votes for her representatives. But she doesn't think other women deserve the same right. That's nice. She must be a super special snowflake who gets to live by different rules than everyone else. What a fool!

Besides, I don't need my husband to think for me or to protect me. I got along just fine for 33 years before I met him all the while traveling the world and building a career. I love him desperately and am happy to share my life with him, but I don't need him to survive.

WTF did I just read? She was a working woman in the U.S. Senate no less who voted on bills. She also admits she votes for her representatives. But she doesn't think other women deserve the same right. That's nice. She must be a super special snowflake who gets to live by different rules than everyone else. What a fool!

Besides, I don't need my husband to think for me or to protect me. I got along just fine for 33 years before I met him all the while traveling the world and building a career. I love him desperately and am happy to share my life with him, but I don't need him to survive.

*picking jaw off the floor*

Everything about that statement...the cognitive dissonance...so alarming. If she is an old fashioned woman, WTH isn't she in the kitchen making her husband dinner?

She is obviously a hypocrite who will ignore her own stated beliefs if it suits her

Actually, as a person who normally votes Democrat I am overjoyed at the Republican choice. Let's get the news out that this woman is against other women voting. I'm sure that a good portion of the voting female populace will be even more horrified at their choice. The party will alienate even more women and they are too clueless to understand.

Everything about that statement...the cognitive dissonance...so alarming. If she is an old fashioned woman, WTH isn't she in the kitchen making her husband dinner?

Furthermore, why is she still voting?

Furthermore, why is she still voting?

1. To help the men advance their agenda

2. Because a super special person like her doesn't have to abide by the same rules that lesser women do

"Although she does vote, O’Connor said in two subsequent interviews with The Kansas City Star that if men had been protecting the best interests of women, then women would not be forced to cast ballots and serve in the state legislature. Instead, they could stay home, raise families and tend to domestic duties, she said."

So who is the bastard who forced this poor little lady to vote and serve in the state legislature??? Crucify him!!!

Sigh. She's my congressperson, and she's nothing but a pile of talking points. Heaven forbid she get away from her script. I can't remember the last time she held a town hall, or took questions at any event that wasn't pre-approved by her staff. There was a time, in her first couple of terms, where she seemed like she really cared about representing our district. Then she got onto the leadership track and seemed to forget all about those of us back here in the "other" Washington. Sadly, this mostly rural district will never bother to look past the party label and elect someone else. At least western WA has the good sense to keep our state government firmly in the blue, despite the local yokels over here voting against their own best interests.

They usually give this gig to someone they consider 'up and coming'. Is she planning to run for President?

They usually give this gig to someone they consider 'up and coming'. Is she planning to run for President?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they picked her because she's the only woman they have that doesn't sound like a complete idiot the second she opens her mouth, while still being able to pass the conservative smell test. She's not a particularly skilled speaker, though, so this may end up being a mess anyway. If a presidential run is in her future, I doubt it will be anytime soon. I'd say 2024 or later, if ever.

Just another cynical ploy by the republican party. No doubt brainstormed by the the same clowns who thought Sarah Palin would appeal to the Hillary Clinton supporters.

Off to unleash my uncontrolable libido and eat birth control pills like candy. With any luck, I will be in prime condition for a recreational abortion in a few weeks... :evil: take that mysogynistic old white guys....

Archived