IGNORED

Its ok your a boy - principal goes there with the dress

Chowder Head

I hate the "boys will be boys" justification for every bad behavior under the sun. Growing up as a fundie lite catholic I never met a boy that wasn't absolutely awful. I assumed that all little boys were brats. When I was pregnant, I was terrified that it might be a boy. Obviously now that I've gotten to know people that don't follow rigid gender roles and excuse every bad behavior if it's done by a boy, that boys can, in fact, control themselves.I have even occasionally witnessed little boys acting like civilized human beings in public. My nepphews' behavior is worse than my daughters'.i believe it has everything to do with the fact that they've only been with me 7 months. They haven't had time to learn the rules. They were practically feral living with my sister (because boys will be boys) um... No. Boys will be civilized human beings who show respect for others, thank you very much. This attitude is so offensive to men. It just assumes they're some sort of wild animal, or complete moron.

http://causewecool.tumblr.com/post/73657590435/spankmeagainplease-feel-free-to-sexually-harass

A young woman stands up for her concerns when her principal say modest is hottest and boys will be boys when address the dress code.

The young woman knows the difference between your and you're. :wink-kitty:

No. Boys will be civilized human beings who show respect for others, thank you very much. This attitude is so offensive to men. It just assumes they're some sort of wild animal, or complete moron.

ITA. The average boy might have a certain physicality which the average girl might not, but they are both perfectly capable of being good people.

I hate the "boys will be boys" justification for every bad behavior under the sun. Growing up as a fundie lite catholic I never met a boy that wasn't absolutely awful. I assumed that all little boys were brats. When I was pregnant, I was terrified that it might be a boy. Obviously now that I've gotten to know people that don't follow rigid gender roles and excuse every bad behavior if it's done by a boy, that boys can, in fact, control themselves.I have even occasionally witnessed little boys acting like civilized human beings in public. My nepphews' behavior is worse than my daughters'.i believe it has everything to do with the fact that they've only been with me 7 months. They haven't had time to learn the rules. They were practically feral living with my sister (because boys will be boys) um... No. Boys will be civilized human beings who show respect for others, thank you very much. This attitude is so offensive to men. It just assumes they're some sort of wild animal, or complete moron.

I think there is some truth to what you say. On the other hand it is pretty common knowledge that boys do develop more slowly than girls ( in general, not always, range among individuals, blah blah insert standard disclaimers here ) . So expecting an average six year old boy and average six year old girl to have the same level of social behavior is often going to lead to difficulty.

I think there is some truth to what you say. On the other hand it is pretty common knowledge that boys do develop more slowly than girls ( in general, not always, range among individuals, blah blah insert standard disclaimers here ) . So expecting an average six year old boy and average six year old girl to have the same level of social behavior is often going to lead to difficulty.

But children no matter age or sex can live up to certain behavior standards. What ever those standard are or lack of.

But children no matter age or sex can live up to certain behavior standards. What ever those standard are or lack of.

Yes, but I think there can be a problem if the behavior standards aren't necessarily realistic, which can happen if the standard is based on the development of an average girl vs. boy. For example, the average six year old boy will likely struggle to sit still and pay attention for long periods in a classroom, just like a 4 year old girl would struggle with the same task. Just something to take into consideration and provide alternatives.....that doesn't mean " boys will be boys" and should get away with murder, but that some children may need to get up and move and that it's not developmentally appropriate to expect them not to. Since there is, of course, tremendous variation among all children, it's an option that should be given to all the kids.

I wonder if the principal said your a boy, or you're a boy... I clicked on the link and everyone except for you seems to know this.

I'm just saying, if you're going to be snarky, at least be right.

Never mind... I read some of your other posts, and it's obvious that you simply can't spell.

I wonder if the principal said your a boy, or you're a boy... I clicked on the link and everyone except for you seems to know this.

I'm just saying, if you're going to be snarky, at least be right.

Never mind... I read some of your other posts, and it's obvious that you simply can't spell.

wow thanks for pointing that out. Good job , i am dyslexic and can not type but oh well.

wow thanks for pointing that out. Good job , i am dyslexic and can not type but oh well.

I figured it was a mistake. I don't know how many times I have read past posts and realized that I have used the wrong word or not spelled something correctly. The other day I was writing an email and messed up spelling a word so badly that not even spellcheck and google could help me. :lol: I had to drag out an actual dictionary and flip through trying to find the word I wanted to use. I can't remember what it was now, but I was not even close to spelling it correctly.

In some ways boys do develop differently, but it looks like the way this guy was using that term was to excuse boys sexually harassing girls.

I figured it was a mistake. I don't know how many times I have read past posts and realized that I have used the wrong word or not spelled something correctly. The other day I was writing an email and messed up spelling a word so badly that not even spellcheck and google could help me. :lol: I had to drag out an actual dictionary and flip through trying to find the word I wanted to use. I can't remember what it was now, but I was not even close to spelling it correctly.

In some ways boys do develop differently, but it looks like the way this guy was using that term was to excuse boys sexually harassing girls.

Completely agree about the article, ridiculous to excuse the boys behavior based on how girls dress. I was just responding to fullenoughquivers post regarding children's behavior in general.

I've also noticed since I started using the iPad that my grammar and spelling has gone to hell. The iPad definitely does NOT understand the difference between your and you're and autocorrects very incorrectly!

I know that little boys are sometimes behind little girls in their development, especially when it comes to impulse control. I homeschool my younger daughter, and it has been so easy. I never understood my friends who struggled with it. I mean, you tell the kids what to do and they do it. Easy peasy, right? Wrong! I have had to alter my teaching style to accomodate my nepphews' more rambunctious personalities, and make my expectations more developmentally appropriate. But they absolutely don't get away with being disrespectful. The boys in question here are in high school. They really should be old enough to know better, and if they don't, it shouldn't have to be the girls' problem.

I love that she was able to go into the principal's office and calmly state her argument. I do okay when writing but get easily flustered and wind up red, stuttering and occasionally screechy if forced into a confrontation. It's unpleasant on many levels... So I really admire anyone with poise in speaking.

On spelling/grammar, I can proofread other people's things, but my own escape me all the time. I catch my husband out all the time (he has a big issue with there/their/they're), but then I'll realize too late, that I've sent out an email spelling something strangely. I type fast and sometimes not all of the letters wind up where they're supposed to go (thnak and dpeosit are big ones). :)

Completely agree about the article, ridiculous to excuse the boys behavior based on how girls dress. I was just responding to fullenoughquivers post regarding children's behavior in general.

I've also noticed since I started using the iPad that my grammar and spelling has gone to hell. The iPad definitely does NOT understand the difference between your and you're and autocorrects very incorrectly!

My phone also has problems with my typing skills lol

Archived