IGNORED

A Brand New Year for Mark Arndt

0 kids n not countin

Mark Arndt:

A brand-new year! I’ve been rolling “2014″ around on my tongue this morning, and it has a pleasant ring to it. Every new year, I seem to get the same excited feeling as I gaze at the 365 blank squares on the calendar and wonder what’s ahead.

Well, we all know how the year most likely will go for Mark & his brothers (& sister). I feel bad for him when he writes that he gets an excited feeling, stupid Arndt parents...

Part of me wonders if Mark posted this because he really does know the truth. Barring a death or some other awful calamity, nothing this year will be different.

Normal people his age don't think stuff like this when they flip over the calendar. The fact that it's on his mind may be telling. I feel the sorriest for him for some reason, and it doesn't have anything to do with the alopecia (because, hey, even my avatar has that). There just some sense of longing going on there. That plus the fact that he had his 30th birthday party on the deck and not in the parental unit's boudoir.

Part of me wonders if Mark posted this because he really does know the truth. Barring a death or some other awful calamity, nothing this year will be different.

Normal people his age don't think stuff like this when they flip over the calendar. The fact that it's on his mind may be telling. I feel the sorriest for him for some reason, and it doesn't have anything to do with the alopecia (because, hey, even my avatar has that). There just some sense of longing going on there. That plus the fact that he had his 30th birthday party on the deck and not in the parental unit's boudoir.

Most thirty year olds don't HAVE empty calendars to gaze longingly at - their calendars are full of the commitments of their lives - rent/payments due, children's school terms and activities, work commitments, holidays etc etc. not just an endless blank of playing with penguins, watching the ducks grow and working on the kinnex tower......

Most thirty year olds don't HAVE empty calendars to gaze longingly at - their calendars are full of the commitments of their lives - rent/payments due, children's school terms and activities, work commitments, holidays etc etc. not just an endless blank of playing with penguins, watching the ducks grow and working on the kinnex tower......

I'm a year younger than Mark & I've had a sort of empty calendar for the last week to 'relax'. I'm sick of it now, I can't wait to go back to busy busy busy next week!!!!

This year will be just the same as the last year, and the same as the next year for them.

The only thing worse is being a Maxwell.

This year will be just the same as the last year, and the same as the next year for them.

Maybe we should pair Sarah and Anna up with a few Arndt boys. Nope can't do that Stevie hates sports.

I think being an Arndt is worse. They get out of the family bubble just enough to know that their lives are strange. Maxwells only have the institutionalized elderly and families that are very similar to theirs for comparison

The Arndts are the only fundies I care about because they're local to me and I've met some of them. That's how I found out about freejinger.

I wonder how people on this site feel about them. Are they pulling for the Arndt boys to find miss right and get married? Or, are they hoping none of them married and live out their lives on the compound, resulting in epic snarking material for many years?

Me personally, I'm conflicted. These are nice guys, but the last thing I'd want to see is some huge Arndt dynasty around here — which, by the way, is what he wants. Rick has a huge ego and it would give me sweet schadenfreude to see his grandiose plans go unfulfilled.

I think what will eventually happen is they will go 0-14 in the marriage department. It will take a miracle for even one of these dorks to get a wife. And Wizzy doesn't have a prayer, she's groomed to take over Kathy's job and leaves the compound only for shopping trips to the store.

I wonder how the hell Rick and Cathy will process it years from now. Especially as their nieces and nephews all start cranking out grandbabies.

The Arndts are the only fundies I care about because they're local to me and I've met some of them. That's how I found out about freejinger.

I wonder how people on this site feel about them. Are they pulling for the Arndt boys to find miss right and get married? Or, are they hoping none of them married and live out their lives on the compound, resulting in epic snarking material for many years?

Me personally, I'm conflicted. These are nice guys, but the last thing I'd want to see is some huge Arndt dynasty around here — which, by the way, is what he wants. Rick has a huge ego and it would give me sweet schadenfreude to see his grandiose plans go unfulfilled.

I think what will eventually happen is they will go 0-14 in the marriage department. It will take a miracle for even one of these dorks to get a wife. And Wizzy doesn't have a prayer, she's groomed to take over Kathy's job and leaves the compound only for shopping trips to the store.

I wonder how the hell Rick and Cathy will process it years from now. Especially as their nieces and nephews all start cranking out grandbabies.

Why do you think that none of them have met a potential spouse? They aren't bad looking, they get out in the real world around people, they seem want to get married. What is the hold up? Dad? Mom? Lack of confidence?

Has anyone ever asked them point blank why they keep the children tied to their apron strings?

O.K. you need to spill more. You have met the Arndts? Why would it take a miracle for those "nice guys"/dorks to find a wife? (I have my own opinion, but I'd like your take on it.)

What I feel about them? I want those man-children to find Ms Right, or Mr Right, tell Rick and Kathy to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and make their escape. And I hope one of them liberates poor Wizzy as they escape the compound. The boys do at least have an education that will enable them to make a living.

I suspect that none of them ever will escape, or even want to because Kathy and Wizzy are doing their laundry, making them food, cleaning their living space and they are so very happy living life as perpetual teenagers.

I also wonder what libido suppressing drugs Rick and Kathy are feeding those man-children. Or is it something naturally occuring in the water in their neck of the woods. :lol:

Oh, and spill more on the bolded. Some of us have suspected that Kathy is the stranglehold on any of the man-kids achieving puberty. You think it is Rick?

In the videos I have seen Mark comes across as the most articulate and most confident of the boys. He is a nice looking lad if you don't mind no hair. (Quite trendy in my area to shave your head.) it should be so easy to find this guy a wife.

365 Blank Squares is such a sad feeling. I personally love "calendar day" when I take an hour or so with the new year's calendar, and update all the squares that I already know have something going on. 1/2 days for the kids, no school days, vacation days, doctors and dentist appointments, races, baseball Truck Day (it's a Red Sox thing), Opening Day, etc. Right now, I think anything after June is still empty, but it will fill up quickly.

O.K. you need to spill more. You have met the Arndts? Why would it take a miracle for those "nice guys"/dorks to find a wife? (I have my own opinion, but I'd like your take on it.)

What I feel about them? I want those man-children to find Ms Right, or Mr Right, tell Rick and Kathy to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and make their escape. And I hope one of them liberates poor Wizzy as they escape the compound. The boys do at least have an education that will enable them to make a living.

I suspect that none of them ever will escape, or even want to because Kathy and Wizzy are doing their laundry, making them food, cleaning their living space and they are so very happy living life as perpetual teenagers.

I also wonder what libido suppressing drugs Rick and Kathy are feeding those man-children. Or is it something naturally occuring in the water in their neck of the woods. :lol:

Oh, and spill more on the bolded. Some of us have suspected that Kathy is the stranglehold on any of the man-kids achieving puberty. You think it is Rick?

I have met the Arndts, like many around here, through softball. I don't play it anymore though. They are nice people. Kathy seems to have a smile on her face 99% of the time. The boys are polite and well-manered, don't curse or show any temper at all. They are very docile.

They will NEVER tell their parents to "shove it" or any other such thing. They are too obediant and indoctrinated. The lack of libido is definitely something that people notice, not just me, but others. That for me, being a guy myself, is the weirdest thing of all is the total lack of effort to meet any females at all. And, believe me, they are ALL that way. One or two might be gay as well.

As to what has caused all of this to happen. Anybody's guess is as good as mine. Home schooling, Rick's brainwashing, mommy worship. These things are probably in play.

I still can't get why they never try to meet girls though. Somehow I think there is not testosterone in these guys.

I find the Arndts fascinating. Is it possible some could have dated and we just don't know about it? They do post every mundane detail of their life on the website, but perhaps this is something they would keep to themselves until it got serious. They seems personable enough, and the older guys have opportunities to meet women.

Archived