IGNORED

First Roberts Courtship

lexiloumarie

Willie Roberts updated his facebook recently, he's in a relationship with Stephanie Haaren.

Not surprised its a pretty blonde, however she's apparently done Australian missionary work. And appears to be German? Or lived in Germany. Fundie light based on the 4 kid family and pictures of siblings in halter tops and shorts.

The Roberts family may have fundie acquaintances, but they're much less fundie. The girls wear pants and they all seem to be rather "worldly." The boys don't seem like the kind that would go for frumpers and a dozen kids. This doesn't surprise me much at all.

I also found Willie's facebook page one day, and it seems like his family (or maybe just Willie) are not hardcore fundy. Willie works in a coffeeshop with regular young people and frequently makes references to hipsters, indicating that he is familiar with "worldly" things. I wonder how traditional this courtship is, especially if the girl isn't ATI/VF. And is there any tension with their much more fundy friends, the Mortons?

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Robertses used to be a lot more fundie. If you scroll through the Morton blog, there's lots of pictures of them in typically modest dresses. I think some of them were bridesmaids in Dorothy's weddings? (the one with the green bridesmaids dresses). In the old photos Norma's hair is naturally brown.

I get the impression they became more mainstream in the past few years, and have moved from VF to ATI. Apparently the oldest daughter is in a relationship too (but this hasn't been confirmed).

I think the Robertses used to be a lot more fundie. If you scroll through the Morton blog, there's lots of pictures of them in typically modest dresses. I think some of them were bridesmaids in Dorothy's weddings? (the one with the green bridesmaids dresses). In the old photos Norma's hair is naturally brown.

I get the impression they became more mainstream in the past few years, and have moved from VF to ATI. Apparently the oldest daughter is in a relationship too (but this hasn't been confirmed).

Dorothy's bridesmaids dresses were blue and I've never seen Norma with brown hair. Marty and Campbell have brown hair. I'm not surprised that they've become more fundie lite, I don't think they were ever hardcore fundies.

How is it more "mainstream" to move from VF to ATI?

Willie Roberts updated his facebook recently, he's in a relationship with Stephanie Haaren.

Not surprised its a pretty blonde, however she's apparently done Australian missionary work. And appears to be German? Or lived in Germany. Fundie light based on the 4 kid family and pictures of siblings in halter tops and shorts.

There's more to "fundie" and "fundie lite" than clothing preferences. Just because someone does missionary work and is a Christian, doesn't mean they are fundie lite.

Norma with brown hair: 3.bp.blogspot.com/_UYd75LQyFcA/Smoc5_AnhVI/AAAAAAAAGh8/SDGq7Y4hIwc/s1600/DSC_0368.JPG

There are a few more older photos like that, with the Roberts girls wearing the denim skirts and collared blouses.

And you're right, the dresses were blue, I somehow changed the colour in my head :shifty:

If you look through the Dorothy/Noah wedding pics Marty and Campbell were bridesmaids: deepsouth.me/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/S-M-teaser2-1479.jpg

Doubt any of the Roberts girls would wear those dresses nowadays.

Archived