IGNORED

Feminists: maladjusted killjoys at the holidays.

snuggles911

Sunshine Mary is warning her readers to think twice about celebrating the holidays with feminists. sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/feminists-maladjusted-killjoys-at-the-holidays/

Do you know whom you may wish to leave off your guest list for your upcoming holiday gathering? Feminists, that’s who.

But if blood be thicker than water, and I believe it is, you will possibly have to invite a few of your maladjusted killjoy feminist relatives over for eggnog in the coming month. What should I expect from my maladjusted killjoy feminist relatives, Sunshine Mary, you may be wondering. Nothing good, I’m afraid, dear reader.

According to SSM: Your maladjusted feminist killjoy relative is probably:

1. Depressed:2. Lonely and socially-rejected:3. Worse than your cousin with Asperger’s Syndrome at determining what would be an appropriate topic of conversation:4. Likely to complain about being asked to help with the dishes:5. On the verge of having a nervous breakdown:6. An anorexic, bulimic, or compulsive over-eater:7. Possibly homeless: 8. Likely to turn down your invitation anyway:9. But if your maladjusted feminist killjoy relative does come, remember that it’s got to be all about her:

SSM goes into great detail explaining all of the above attributes based on an article she read on the Feministing blog. Her writing is quite mean spirited so I'll let you visit her blog at your own discretion.

She leaves her readers with a final warning.

I cannot escape the conclusion that feminism makes women mentally and emotionally unstable and that feminists feel compelled to spread their misery to everyone around them like a virulent ‘flu virus. Since you must invite such unhappy creatures into your home at the holidays, at least do those poor, lost, maladjusted, joyless souls a favor by pointing them toward my blog (or one of the other anti-feminist sites in my blogroll); you may just bring a feminist around to her senses. And if that isn’t a thought worthy of joyful celebration, I don’t know what is.

Gosh, can you imagine celebrating the holidays with an anti-feminist like SSM?

Well, I'm not sure what her definition of "maladjusted" is. I do have depression and BPD, so I do consider myself mentally ill and a feminist, but feminism has nothing to do with that.

Here is what my relatives knew to expect from me at thanksgiving this year:

1. That'd I'd be there

2. That I'd offer to bring my own vegetarian food

3. That my offer would be refused, because apparently my "aunt" (aunt's friend really but who cares) loves to cook.

4. That I'd play with the baby (9 months and such a cutie!)

5. That I would take more than I could eat

As to Sunshine Scary's list? hmmm

1. Depressed

Well, yes, actually, but I'm doing my best to get help. My grandma, at least, knows that.

2. Lonely and socially-rejected

Well, yes, actually. Again, check.

3. Worse than your cousin with Asperger’s Syndrome at determining what would be an appropriate topic of conversation

Wow, way to insult people with Asperger's Syndrome. Jeez. Well, sometimes I am socially awkward, and I've never met a person with Asperger's to compare myself to so... but, who the hell cares?

4. Likely to complain about being asked to help with the dishes

In our family, we use disposable dishes for family get togethers. We'd rather be visiting with each other than cleaning, imagine that? We do use real silverware (turkeys are apparently hard to eat without real knives and forks) but so far no one's ever asked any guest for help. Sometime's it's offered, though I can't remember if it was ever taken.

5. On the verge of having a nervous breakdown

Actually, it was all about the cute little 9 month old baby... and the puppy... and the kitties... and being able to spend time with my family...

Nope Scary, I think I defy at least half of your criteria.

Well, if SSM was my relative 8 would definitely be true!

I also love the ego she's got there, as if simply pointing one of the maladjusted killjoy feminists in the direction of her passive aggressive, miserable, hateful little blog will cure them of all that vile desire for equality.

One of my family gatherings, if none of the feminists were invited, would probably consist of an empty house. We tend to think of both women and men as human and equal.

We're wild and crazy like that. :roll:

I would LOVE to be a visitor at SSM's house. It would be like a shitstorm trainwreck of fascination. I'd probably take video and notes for some academic paper I'd publish (and I'm not even remotely in academia).

I would just be O_O the whole time.

One of my family gatherings, if none of the feminists were invited, would probably consist of an empty house. We tend to think of both women and men as human and equal.

We're wild and crazy like that. :roll:

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: You wild and crazy "guys"!

Shit, here I thought my brother and sister-in-law were happy to see me and my husband! Though they may be feminist enough to be maladjusted killjoys too. Only the dog is safe, but then again, she's a bitch.

Wait, am I supposed to think SM is like a beacon of cheerfulness and light on this miserable Earth? Because she is the most bitter, depressing, killjoy I've ever come across. Jesus, talk about a case of cognitive dissonance.

Shitstain Mary is just jealous and likes to roll in her misery like a pig in shit. Maybe she & Lori should meet, bond over their hatred of pretty much everything, and have a torrid affair with each other. :whistle:

1. Depressed: No actually I'm a pretty happy and positive person most of the time.

2. Lonely and socially-rejected: Nope I'm married, a mother of five, I have several close friends, and I get along with my family.

3. Worse than your cousin with Asperger’s Syndrome at determining what would be an appropriate topic of conversation: Actually I strike up conversations with random strangers and end up making new friends.

4. Likely to complain about being asked to help with the dishes: Not really I don't mind helping out, heck I even tidy up the table a bit before leaving a restaurant.

5. On the verge of having a nervous breakdown: No sorry I'm pretty emotionally stable at the moment.

6. An anorexic, bulimic, or compulsive over-eater: I eat, I don't overeat and then puke it back up, and I eat normal sized meals.

7. Possibly homeless: We own our home.

8. Likely to turn down your invitation anyway: I have somewhat fundie relatives that I spent Thanksgiving with despite differences in opinion on certain topics. We all got along and enjoyed each others company.

9. But if your maladjusted feminist killjoy relative does come, remember that it’s got to be all about her: No it was mostly about my sister-in-law who is seven months pregnant with a baby she never thought she'd be able to have due to her and her hubby having fertility issues. We're all thrilled for them, and everyone had to take a turn feeling the baby kick.

So Sunshine Mary I think it's you that's the maladjusted, repressed, killjoy who I'm immensely thankful that I'm not related to.

LOL :lol:

At my holiday celebrations, there are only two women usually, which is me and my mum (both feminists). We're outnumbered by small children and men (also feminists).

I suppose we could just not celebrate Christmas on the basis that we're all feminists, but while I am only at Feminism 101, I get the strong impression cancelling festivities is not required :dance: So I suppose we'll just not invite SSM and it'll be golden.

I wonder if one of HHGs foibles happened with a feminist at thanksgiving? & thats why she is so down on the terrible combination of feminists & holidays?

Shitstain Mary is just jealous and likes to roll in her misery like a pig in shit. Maybe she & Lori should meet, bond over their hatred of pretty much everything, and have a torrid affair with each other. :whistle:

At least nobody would have to worry about them reproducing.

Thanks for that, it really made me chuckle. Her idea of what a feminist is is a crack-up: sort of a comic book villain crossed with a soap opera character. Homeless! Bulimic! Antagonistic! I'm surprised she didn't add in ugly, shrieky, and smelly.

In reality both my husband and I are feminists and we interact with his fundie family just fine. I bake my Mother-in-law's favorite sweet rolls because I know she would be disappointed if I didn't bring them. We talk about books, movies, TV, and local news and smile politely when they talk about who was or was not in Sunday school. We bow our heads politely during prayer. Both my husband and I help clean up. And we make sure that everyone knows we love and care for them before getting in our car to drive the three hour journey home, happy to have done our duty and be making our way to our bed and whiskey. (They never do understand why we don't want to spend the night.)

If the feminists boycotted my family's Thanksgiving celebration, there would be no yummy homemade pies, or bread, or turkey, or--well--anything.

I'd rather shovel turds in hell for minimum wage than spend the holidays with SSM and her cheating husband. The thought of hanging out with such hateful, snide and mean-spirited people like those two is just soul-killing. And I know with HHG's anger management issues I better have good reflexes or else I might get beamed with a pager.

My parents were out of town for this past Thanksgiving and my sister and her family live in another state. Yet, despite being a feminist I somehow received an invitation to spend Turkey Day with some lovely friends. I've also been invited to a few holiday potlucks and have been asked to bring my delicious sugar mint cookies. A feminist that bakes? Am I a unicorn?

I have had many a happy Thanksgiving (or other family gathering) surrounded by other feminists in the family, and their husbands, and children. We all pitch in with things such as cooking, cleaning, child minding. Yes, even the menfolk. Heck, my husband just made his famous mashed potatoes for the family thanksgiving gathering. Using the potato masher my mother gave him when she taught him how to make them.

If she doesn't want my happy self and devoted husband to leave our warm home to join her for a holiday dinner then she will miss out on a yummy homemade dessert I'd be likely to bring. Oh well, I wouldn't eat more than my fair share nor would I throw it up, but I'd definitely eat dinner and not waste the effort.

Archived