IGNORED

Wife Swap -- West/Grimes

lizziesmom

There is a fundie lite mom who has swapped lives with a less controlling mom. The fundie lite son has a purity ring. Both kids are programmed and controlled but as Miles says "I am happy in the Lord. What else is there?"

Even though this was in 2006, I hadn't seen it and it is most interesting. The fundie lite mom and dad would drive me up in about five minutes but the other family isn't all that great either. One set of parents controls every waking moment and thought and the other is pretty laid back in the rules.

Lori (ultra Conservative religious mom) sings all the time and the kids are very scheduled and seem to be brainwashed. Their schedule is called ' the brain' and they write down everything in it. At the other house, the kids and mom are pitching in to help out dad who did all the household chores. Lori gave all 3 of the kids purity rings like her children wear.

Reagan (fundie lite kid) was given a drum set by her substitute mom and she loved to play the drums but once mom came home she 'decided' that she didn't have time for the drums in her busy schedule (mom and dad's choices, including clogging) so she gave them away.

At the end of the day I know which house I would prefer to live in. Why oh why do these parents have to be so controlling?

After the God Warrior epi, I was done. Nothing could top that for me. The level of batshit was magnificent.

That was my first taste of Fundy and my first real session of fundy snark. Ah! the memories.

After the God Warrior epi, I was done. Nothing could top that for me. The level of batshit was magnificent.

Still so sad that her oldest daughter died. I guess I can't snark on her because of that.

I truly hate that her child was taken early & it's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. That still doesn't take away from what is forever on film. Not snarking on her loss, snarking on the show she ultimately approved of & signed off on: "dork sided" aka dark sided & the yelling/histrionics, the way she said the God warrior, and said she needed prayer while she was gone like it was her family's fault her visit was unpleasant, ordering the camera crew to "get the hell out of her house in Jesus' name", and taking the dirty/evil/pagan money.

Wait...West/Grimes are the last names? Please tell me that the ultra-religious mom's last name is Grimes, because then she would be Lori Grimes, and that would be awesome.

<----(watches way too much Walking Dead)

Wait...West/Grimes are the last names? Please tell me that the ultra-religious mom's last name is Grimes, because then she would be Lori Grimes, and that would be awesome.

<----(watches way too much Walking Dead)

Yes to both questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Never saw this one but did see the "God Warrior". Must be noted that even her own family seemed to think she was batshit.

Her name is Marguerite Perrin. She used the money to get lap band surgery and she was doing shows for a little while, but after Ashley (?) died, she just dropped out of sight. She still had her granddaughter, Abigail, to raise. (I guess Abigail would be a teenager by now.)

If I remember correctly, the "spiritualist/psychic" family was not really very nice to her. She came home from an extremely stressful two weeks to discover that the psychic (or whatever) had done something that she felt would bring Satan into her home. She was not super intelligent or sophisticated, and her faith was child-like. She was really afraid and had been out of her element. I felt for her-she felt out of control, only to learn things she thought were in her control, like her home, were also out of control.

Archived