IGNORED

CollegeMinus - Scholarship

memmy

I can't imagine any medical school being terribly interested in a CollegeMinus "graduate". Also, much of the first couple of years curriculum in medical school is heavily influenced by evoluntionary biology and genetics. Might be tough if you are a creationist...

Anybody want to be a DOCTOR? here's your chance!

I know where we can get a gently used doctors kit. Just don't tell my nieces (who are 4) :shhh:

What the hell is that picture on the lower left? A building with a plant on it? If it is related to any kind of career that deals with improving the environment, I'm pretty sure that would require believing that climate change is real.

I do not want to see a College Minus degree on my doctors' walls.

CollegePlus(Minus) is such a scam. You can't tell me that the people who push this nonsense actually believe their programs would be accepted by any professional school. I would love to hear the stories of some of their alumni- and see if there are any "CEOs of a Fortune 500 company" or doctors amongst them.

CollegePlus(Minus) is such a scam. You can't tell me that the people who push this nonsense actually believe their programs would be accepted by any professional school. I would love to hear the stories of some of their alumni- and see if there are any "CEOs of a Fortune 500 company" or doctors amongst them.

But Smuggar is and that's all that counts.

Smugger is NOT a CollegePlus alum--NO Duggar has yet to finish any sort of post-high school degree--not even a 2-year associates degree. The Duggars may shill for CollegePlus but they sure as hell aren't capable of achieving anything through the program.

When did they first start shilling for CollegeMinus? I'm pretty sure it's been longer than 18 months, which is how short JimBob was bragging it was going to take them to earn their Bachelors degrees.

That thing looks like it was designed by a graphics design graduate of College Minus. See, it's useful in the real world! :lol:

That thing looks like it was designed by a graphics design graduate of College Minus. See, it's useful in the real world! :lol:

Maybe Taryn DiMartile (from the bottom of the chart) designed it. She's a College Minus graduate.

Smugger is NOT a CollegePlus alum--NO Duggar has yet to finish any sort of post-high school degree--not even a 2-year associates degree. The Duggars may shill for CollegePlus but they sure as hell aren't capable of achieving anything through the program.

I'm sure that at this point Smuggar probably feels that he no longer needs any post-HS education now that his big, high-falootin' job in DC. I can't wait for the Duggars' popularity to wind down because I'm 100% sure he'll be kicked out of that job in no time (if not sooner). What he brings to his job is his name and notoriety- that's it. Once that means nothing, he'll be back in the real world where no one gives a rat's you-know-what about him.

I really do wish that some of the older Duggar ladies would get a degree, even an associate degree. Even if it were from CollegeMinus, it would be better than nothing at all. It would give them something to fall back on if they ever have to support themselves, or decide to make a break for it.

EDIT: Wanted to add something. Does anyone know if the Duggars get a huge tuition break because of their association with CollegeMinus?

I'm sure that at this point Smuggar probably feels that he no longer needs any post-HS education now that his big, high-falootin' job in DC. I can't wait for the Duggars' popularity to wind down because I'm 100% sure he'll be kicked out of that job in no time (if not sooner). What he brings to his job is his name and notoriety- that's it. Once that means nothing, he'll be back in the real world where no one gives a rat's you-know-what about him.

I really do wish that some of the older Duggar ladies would get a degree, even an associate degree. Even if it were from CollegeMinus, it would be better than nothing at all. It would give them something to fall back on if they ever have to support themselves, or decide to make a break for it.

EDIT: Wanted to add something. Does anyone know if the Duggars get a huge tuition break because of their association with CollegeMinus?

I am not a Duggar-lover, so I don't know to which girl this pertains: is the one studying midwfery not getting some sort of real degree?!

I am not a Duggar-lover, so I don't know to which girl this pertains: is the one studying midwfery not getting some sort of real degree?!

Through some preliminary googling, all I can find about Jill's midwifery training is this:

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... ifery.html

It seems like it is 3.5 years of schooling to get the license. Good for her! It says she started in May 2012 and seems fairly rigorous. I hope she sees it through! I thought she was going the same route as Jana and just training to be a midwife's assistant.

A Certified Professional Midwife certificate is NOT a degree. CPM designation has developed over the years to give lay midwives or direct-entry midwives greater professional recognition and acceptance. It was done to codify the midwives' education more than what the student midwives might have experienced in a strictly apprenticeship system. CPMs, though, do not have to have liability insurance and do not have any continuing education requirements that they must meet to stay certified. There are some distance learning opportunities at some midwifery schools.

edited for riffle

Wow! College Minus has scholarships? Will they offer room and board to their online school too? What a joke!

Wait--CollegeMinus involves scholarship (as opposed to granting "scholarships")? I thought these were polar opposites.

It's horrible to think that may be the pinnacle of education achieved by a Duggar. Maybe Josiah will find a way to become an accountant if he still wants to do that. It was Josiah wasn't it?

Whats $500 going to buy you from those crooks? The application fee?

I guess it could be used for the full-priced CLEP books they sell (no Amazon discount here!).

Does anyone know what the Duggars are majoring in with these degrees they never finish? Or is actually doing a major too much of a stretch, so they're just taking a few courses so they can say they're in college?

Through some preliminary googling, all I can find about Jill's midwifery training is this:

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... ifery.html

It seems like it is 3.5 years of schooling to get the license. Good for her! It says she started in May 2012 and seems fairly rigorous. I hope she sees it through! I thought she was going the same route as Jana and just training to be a midwife's assistant.

How did Jill meet a 14 year old single mother?

CollegeMinus doesn't have majors and doesn't grant degrees. It's just a guided study program that helps people pass CLEP tests. They encourage their students to apply at the regionally accredited Thomas Edison State College because TESC is probably the most accepting of CLEP credits, transfers, and other non-traditional forms of education. Even TESC would require you to do something more than CLEP tests, though, so you still end up doing more work beyond what CollegeMinus provides.

In theory, you could take your CM credits to any school and finish your degree there, but most legit schools limit the number of CLEP credits you can use toward your degree or graduation requirements. I can't imagine CM would actually be a more affordable option than community college or, you know, just taking the CLEP tests on your own. Using CM is basically the equivalent of trying to earn a degree by taking courses from the Maxwells :?

I'm not sure where some of you got the idea that CollegePlus is a real college that grants degrees.

From the website:

"While CollegePlus guides you through your studies, your degree will be granted by a regionally accredited institution. All our students graduate from regionally accredited colleges and universities, as they award the most recognized degrees in America."

http://www.collegeplus.org/howitworks

Archived