IGNORED

DailyKos thread on the Botkins

PennySycamore

Nicely done by the Daily KOS and thanks to you for bringing it to our attention. A critique of Mama Botkin's "She Shall Be Called Woman" is in the works, here, and DK's given a lot of inspiration as to how it should be tweaked (the critique, not the webinar/CD/workbook. The webinar/CD/workbook just needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth ... darn my "freedom of speech" leanings, though, I can't in good conscience work for that. :shrug:

Thanks for the link - the article and subsequent comments are very interesting. Nothing says "creepy" quite like the Botkin clan...

As MamaJunebug so helpfully posted recently, Anna Sofia was born in 1985; Elizabeth in 1987. We're talkin' ages 28 and 26, with no courtships in sight. So, in answer to Daddy Geoff's questions-to-God quoted in the article,

“What You will do with every single egg here. How many children will this young lady have? Who will be her husband? With what other legacy will these little eggs be joined to produce the next generation for the glory of God?â€

the answers are, apparently, "nothing," "none," "no one," and "Geoff. Work with me here, and meet me halfway: if you want to make an omelette, you have to crack a few eggs!"

He said that? That is just so disturbing on so many levels. :wtf:

ETA: They really untie their father's shoes for him? Yuck.

Thanks for the link - the article and subsequent comments are very interesting. Nothing says "creepy" quite like the Botkin clan...

As MamaJunebug so helpfully posted recently, Anna Sofia was born in 1985; Elizabeth in 1987. We're talkin' ages 28 and 26, with no courtships in sight. So, in answer to Daddy Geoff's questions-to-God quoted in the article,

the answers are, apparently, "nothing," "none," "no one," and "Geoff. Work with me here, and meet me halfway: if you want to make an omelette, you have to crack a few eggs!"

They're waiting for Joshua and Justice Phillips to grow up. Who else could they marry?

Do they also attend to his shoes in the morning? Does Goeff not know how to tie his shoes?

Hey, it's a little less squicky than having girls shave their fathers (apparently a tradition at the VF Father-Daughter conferences).

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww girls shaving their fathers. That is messed up.

Please let it be just his face.

As far as anyone can tell, it IS just his face. He must really have both of them indoctrinated, that he assumes neither one will somehow suffer "slippage" with the razor. In Anna-Sofia or Elizabeth's place, I could never restrain myself.

Do they also bring him his slippers and newspaper every night like a faithful dog in a cartoon? :cray-cray:

Yup, and they have the added virtue of not slobbering on the slippers or newspaper.

Good article. I'm not familiar with DailyKos but I'm assuming they are mainstream and get more hits than FreeJinger? It's good to see the patriarchy movement getting noticed by the mainstream media sites.

Archived