IGNORED

Christian "alternative" to Boy Scouts - Merge

Ralar

Families looking for an alternative to the Boy Scouts of America after the group voted to drop its ban on gay youth earlier this year descended on Nashville, Tenn., this weekend to help launch a Christian-based scouting organization.

Every one of these guys claims he wants to be a part of the new group because he doesn't want his son exposed to gays. Under what rock to these people live?

"The gays" are everywhere and forming a club to teach your sons "masculine outdoor activities" isn't going to change that. Btw, why not enroll your boys in ALERT if you are looking for a Christian program to teach hate and manly outdoor activities?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/07/20363903-christian-based-scouting-group-launches-after-boy-scouts-allow-gay-youth?lite

Every one of these guys claims he wants to be a part of the new group because he doesn't want his son exposed to gays. Under what rock to these people live?

"The gays" are everywhere and forming a club to teach your sons "masculine outdoor activities" isn't going to change that. Btw, why not enroll your boys in ALERT if you are looking for a Christian program to teach hate and manly outdoor activities?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/07/20363903-christian-based-scouting-group-launches-after-boy-scouts-allow-gay-youth?lite

“Most of us are coming from a highly-structured environment that has 103 years of culture and language and program and symbols … and we are starting from scratch,†Stemberger said late Friday as he asked for patience as the group began “a program that we believe will be stronger, safer and more principled in every way.â€

BOY BIGOTS OF AMERICA...has a great ring to it.

Good riddance. These are the same nasty people who discriminate against alternative scouts of ALL varieties.

We've stayed in scouting because we made a choice to make changes from within the organization. Every year, my sons has evaluated whether they still felt comfortable being associated with the bigotry, as every year the bigotry was continued. We rejoiced when the rule was overturned. It hasn't gone far enough, but at least it is finally positive change.

Please, PLEASE go form your own organization. It will NEVER be the BSA but it will clear the way for the BSA to do what is RIGHT in this world and finally disassociate from religious nutjobs.

They're called American Heritage Girls. My electrician was telling me how his wife signed their daughter up for it because the Girl Scouts "were teaching them about abortions and feminism." Yeah.... OK, i was dying to ask for specific evidence, but the guy was rewiring my fuse box.

I thought that was ALERT. Wait, that's Gothard's version of the Boy Scouts. And "Journey To The Heart" is his retreat for girls. What a nutball.

Quote:

Boys, ages 5-17, may come from every religious background, but adult leaders in the program will adhere to a standard statement of Christian faith and values. The membership policy will focus on sexual purity rather than orientation. Gay youth and adults can participate, but they cannot “flaunt†their sexuality, Stemberger said in July

So straight youth and adults can flaunt their sexuality, right?

Good riddance. These are the same nasty people who discriminate against alternative scouts of ALL varieties.

We've stayed in scouting because we made a choice to make changes from within the organization. Every year, my sons has evaluated whether they still felt comfortable being associated with the bigotry, as every year the bigotry was continued. We rejoiced when the rule was overturned. It hasn't gone far enough, but at least it is finally positive change.

Please, PLEASE go form your own organization. It will NEVER be the BSA but it will clear the way for the BSA to do what is RIGHT in this world and finally disassociate from religious nutjobs.

I do hope the bigots form their own organizations as it will clear the way for the BSA to be able to do the right thing and stop discriminating against gay people.

I thought that there were christian scout groups already.

Moreof, a buffet spread of insecure young boys for predatory males who, covering behind celibacy or the image of a good family men, have been free to prey on boy scouts for about a century. :nenner:

It's really sad people are willing to discriminate against children. CHILDREN. It's not like you can choose to be gay or straight, sheesh.

They're called American Heritage Girls. My electrician was telling me how his wife signed their daughter up for it because the Girl Scouts "were teaching them about abortions and feminism." Yeah.... OK, i was dying to ask for specific evidence, but the guy was rewiring my fuse box.

It amazes me that people can believe that crap...and yeah, I wouldn't have asked him either!

It amazes me that people can believe that crap...and yeah, I wouldn't have asked him either!

The church my husband and I are thinking of joining has American Heritage Girls meetings in their building. I saw it in their events calendar today. It kind of skeeved me out, but I don't think it's enough to make me not want to join their congregation (just the fact that they use the building). I'd like to see how involved the church is with the organization, though.

I do hope the bigots form their own organizations as it will clear the way for the BSA to be able to do the right thing and stop discriminating against gay people.

QFT, both of these.

Two questions I would like to ask these people;

(1) You don't want your kids near homosexuals because you believe it is a sin. How about boys who tell lies? That's a sin. Are you going to throw them out too?

(2) Are you also going to take your children out of school? Out of the soccer or netball team? There will be gay students there too.

My daughter is heading off on a Venturer Scout Camp this weekend. I believe it will be about 2/3 male and 1/3 female scouts but I've got no idea of the sexuality of any other than my daughter. It's really not important whether you prefer males or females when you are hiking up a mountain.

Archived