IGNORED

Ken Cuccinelli promotes Fathers Rights Movement

doggie

This just seems like a offshoot of MRA full of hate and woman hating but this is from de married men this time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 75194.html

Capitalizing on Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's ® already tenuous relationship with women voters, the progressive super PAC American Bridge released a new ad on Thursday tying the gubernatorial candidate to the controversial fathers' rights movement.

The ad features video of Stephen Baskerville, former president of the American Coalition of Fathers and Children, speaking out against child support and women being granted custody of their children after divorce. "Child support effectively acts as a kind of subsidy on divorce," Baskerville says in the footage. "It enables and even encourages mothers to simply walk away, take the children with them and basically plunder the father for everything he has."

Capitalizing on Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's ® already tenuous relationship with women voters, the progressive super PAC American Bridge released a new ad on Thursday tying the gubernatorial candidate to the controversial fathers' rights movement.

The ad features video of Stephen Baskerville, former president of the American Coalition of Fathers and Children, speaking out against child support and women being granted custody of their children after divorce. "Child support effectively acts as a kind of subsidy on divorce," Baskerville says in the footage. "It enables and even encourages mothers to simply walk away, take the children with them and basically plunder the father for everything he has."

The fathers' rights movement also contends that men are frequently the victims of false domestic violence accusations, and its activists have lobbied against no-fault divorce, which allows a woman to divorce her spouse without having to prove adultery or physical abuse. Cuccinelli offered two bills as a state senator in line with the movement's objectives: one that would have prevented a parent from obtaining a no-fault divorce if the other parent objects, and another that would have encouraged judges to penalize a woman who asked for a no-fault divorce in custody and visitation battles. Baskerville wrote a 2005 op-ed praising Cuccinelli for "countering the 'no-fault' divorce epidemic."

Why is it that child support is turned against mothers? Loving fathers should want to support their children, not fight against providing them with support. This is one more example of the GOP's 'us against the world' political agenda where they wage war on anything that isn't focused on white males.

This just seems like a offshoot of MRA full of hate and woman hating but this is from de married men this time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 75194.html

The fathers' rights movement also contends that men are frequently the victims of false domestic violence accusations, and its activists have lobbied against no-fault divorce, which allows a woman to divorce her spouse without having to prove adultery or physical abuse. Cuccinelli offered two bills as a state senator in line with the movement's objectives: one that would have prevented a parent from obtaining a no-fault divorce if the other parent objects, and another that would have encouraged judges to penalize a woman who asked for a no-fault divorce in custody and visitation battles. Baskerville wrote a 2005 op-ed praising Cuccinelli for "countering the 'no-fault' divorce epidemic."

Doesn't Cuccinelli also refuse to get birth certificates for his children because of some RWNJ gobbledygook?

So...fathers only have to provide support for their children in cases of divorce? They're not expected to contribute to raising them within marriage? News to me :?

For all these unfair demands on the poor menz, a lot of them seem to get away with providing no support to their families.

Funny how, despite all the asset plundering, divorced women's income and standard of living usually go down, while divorced men's do not. Hrmm.....

Funny how, despite all the asset plundering, divorced women's income and standard of living usually go down, while divorced men's do not. Hrmm.....

Yeah, the "she got frivorced for cash and prizes" mentality. They really do believe that the man is slaving away at some dead-end job in order to support the ex's extravagant lifestyle, whilst he crawls home to his hovel every night.

Oh, I see. Men are expected to provide for their children only as long as they're married to (getting sex from) their children's mother. If she divorces him, she and the kids are on their own. Got it.

And about that whole "child support is a subsidy" thing--yeah,I totally woke up one morning and thought to myself, "You know, I could really use some extra cash. How can I accomplish that? I know! I'll divorce my husband!" And look at me now--I'm living a luxurious lifestyle and I only work a full time job and drive a 15 year old car because I want to fit in with the peasants around me. Thank the baby Jesus for child support subsidies!

This guy is a shit head & the people who voted for him are shit heads.

The MRAs and the Fathers Rights groups say that is a lie put out by feminists working in the domestic violence "industry." Makes me get that stabby feeling in my brain. I worked in the DV/SA field for several years and saw the women living in shithole apartments or in shelters of some type. Not a one saw her financial standard of living go up, unless you somehow assign a monetary value to being away from daily physical, emotional, and sexual violence. Typically these women were scraping by on multiple jobs and help from family and friends, and services from women's organizations.

That our politicians promote this abusive bullshit just enrages me. Have to stop writing before I start a bigger rant. :angry-banghead:

The MRAs and the Fathers Rights groups say that is a lie put out by feminists working in the domestic violence "industry." Makes me get that stabby feeling in my brain. I worked in the DV/SA field for several years and saw the women living in shithole apartments or in shelters of some type. Not a one saw her financial standard of living go up, unless you somehow assign a monetary value to being away from daily physical, emotional, and sexual violence. Typically these women were scraping by on multiple jobs and help from family and friends, and services from women's organizations.

That our politicians promote this abusive bullshit just enrages me. Have to stop writing before I start a bigger rant. :angry-banghead:

They're not referred to as "The Abuser's Lobby" for no reason!!

Well, we all know the lengths poor old Ken will go to to avoid going down on his wife, so it's not surprising his marriage isn't happy.

So how does he explain my deadbeat father, who even with like $15 child support took off and refused to pay it?

You would think he wouldn't be against child support if one of his main concerns is that fathers aren't treated fairly in deciding custody. Child support works both ways, so if dad gets primary custody he also gets child support.

But this same guy probably believes women should stay home and raise the children. Which is why the women often get the kids in a divorce (primary caretaker, dad can't because he works or works more) and also why they need child support, because they've sacrificed their career opportunities! And it costs money to raise these kids. If he were realistic he would know a bigger problem is not only do a lot of men not pay their child support, but they often are quick to establish a new life, a new wife, and not even see their kids during their visitation time.

My brother and my SIL split up. He was totally happy to pay for his kids and they remained friends, sharing joint custody. That doomed her, as her new partner wasn't pleased about the arrangement. And killed her to prove it.

I know I sometimes talk a bit about this and it can be triggery, but people have to understand this is the end-point of domestic violence. Death. And a horrible one at that.

I was horrified at the thought that she might have tried to crawl to the phone to get help and bled to death before she could. I had nightmares about it. It turned out, via forensic evidence, that she died from her throat being slit. She had defensive wounds across her arms. She raised her arms against him to try and make him stop. But she couldn't.

That's the reality of DV. The "poor abused menz" are nothing. Her mum asked for an open coffin. There wasn't a hope in hell. When she was shown to her parents there was only a patch on her cheek which could be seen. The rest was too horrible to look at.

She died in agony. 28 wounds. That is domestic violence.

JFC that's so awful :cry:, my condolences.

My mother left an emotionally abusive relationship when I was in elementary school. She specifically didn't request any child/spousal support because she wanted no connection with that person.

I firmly believe that whoever has custody of the children should receive spousal support though. Gender should not matter at all.

My brother and my SIL split up. He was totally happy to pay for his kids and they remained friends, sharing joint custody. That doomed her, as her new partner wasn't pleased about the arrangement. And killed her to prove it.

I know I sometimes talk a bit about this and it can be triggery, but people have to understand this is the end-point of domestic violence. Death. And a horrible one at that.

I was horrified at the thought that she might have tried to crawl to the phone to get help and bled to death before she could. I had nightmares about it. It turned out, via forensic evidence, that she died from her throat being slit. She had defensive wounds across her arms. She raised her arms against him to try and make him stop. But she couldn't.

That's the reality of DV. The "poor abused menz" are nothing. Her mum asked for an open coffin. There wasn't a hope in hell. When she was shown to her parents there was only a patch on her cheek which could be seen. The rest was too horrible to look at.

She died in agony. 28 wounds. That is domestic violence.

And leaving 2 small kids motherless too. :evil:

I was listening to a Chris Rock comedy album tonight, and he was talking about how some "folks" I shall say proclaim they are so proud of themselves when they are doing shit they should just do anyways because that is the decent thing to do. One was "I take care of my kids" - well no shit, they are your kids you are supposed to take care of them. "I treat my woman right" - well duh you are supposed to do that because it's the decent human thing to do.

I would love to know what it's like to be married to these types of men. I can't imagine it's a picnic.

You would think he wouldn't be against child support if one of his main concerns is that fathers aren't treated fairly in deciding custody. Child support works both ways, so if dad gets primary custody he also gets child support.

Yup that happens. My uncle got primary custody of his son and child support.

Archived