IGNORED

DOMA is total Bulls**t

Witsec6

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/08/BAO71KKPEC.DTL&type=gaylesbian

"We are appealing to the Obama administration to begin to put into action what they've said repeatedly they can do," said Immigration Equality spokesman Steve Ralls. "The Department of Homeland Security and ICE have said again and again that they can exercise discretion in individual cases, but they have not done so for a single gay or lesbian couple yet."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1UZjZ2nli

I am so over teh Obama, it's not even funny. Such cowardice in so many things. Where is the Gitmo closing? Where are the gay rights? Where is a healthcare overhaul with a prayer of actually overhauling healthcare? Dammit. Where is my clean energy?

No. Instead I get wishwashiness, an almost obsessive need to compromise with those who have no interest in compromising, and spending cuts during a recession with an official unemployment rate of 9%, but that is really much higher. I don't need this shit and neither does our country. Grr. I know there are those who don't agree with my politics on this board, and that's fine, but I'm saying that from the point of view of a liberal, Obama's an almost bigger disaster than the point of view of a conservative.

And yet. Who the hell else am I supposed to vote for next year?

Sigh.

I am so over teh Obama, it's not even funny. Such cowardice in so many things. Where is the Gitmo closing? Where are the gay rights? Where is a healthcare overhaul with a prayer of actually overhauling healthcare? Dammit. Where is my clean energy?

No. Instead I get wishwashiness, an almost obsessive need to compromise with those who have no interest in compromising, and spending cuts during a recession with an official unemployment rate of 9%, but that is really much higher. I don't need this shit and neither does our country. Grr. I know there are those who don't agree with my politics on this board, and that's fine, but I'm saying that from the point of view of a liberal, Obama's an almost bigger disaster than the point of view of a conservative.

And yet. Who the hell else am I supposed to vote for next year?

Sigh.

:flags-usa: :text-bravo::text-+1:

Anyone who thinks Obama is a liberal needs some schoolin' on what true liberalism is. I often wish that he and the Democratic legislative majority had just taken their left-winginess and shoved it down the neocons'/teabaggers' throats. But anyone even slightly to the left of Attila the Hun tends to be too conciliatory and disorganized to do such a thing.

Nancy Pelosi has pledged her support to filing an injunction to stop the Australian spouse from being deported.

Thank God/Goddess/Gods/Goodness for Nancy Pelosi!

Nancy Pelosi has pledged her support to filing an injunction to stop the Australian spouse from being deported.

Thank God/Goddess/Gods/Goodness for Nancy Pelosi!

I am so SO SO pleased to hear that.

Archived