IGNORED

I want a new Sims 3 Expansion Pack

Boogalou

... I think. I only have the first two, World Adventures and Ambitions. What expansions packs are your favourites? I was thinking pets would be a good one to get but I wondered what other people liked. Also, which ones are your least favourites?? Here's a list to jog your memory :)

World Adventures

Ambitions

Late Night

Generations

Pets

Showtime

Supernatural

Seasons

University Life

Island Paradise

Into the Future

I have the first 3 expansion packs, but I haven't played in ages. At least a year.

There were some things I liked in Sims 3, but I absolutely hate the way the sims look. Their faces are all the same doughy lumps. Ugh.

I prefer the look of Sims 2, but can't seem to get it installed properly on my new computer. It bogs down terribly.

I guess I'm waiting to see what Sims 4 is like.

I play constantly. I just recently got Island Paradise, and it's pretty darn fun. Owning a resort and such sparks of OFB. I have all of them except for Showtime and Supernatural.

University is more involved, it's good challenge. I loooove World Adventures, traveling is so cool, and making wine. And I love Pets. I love racing horses and breeding them.. I wish you could still show dogs and cats, but you can train them to hunt and find collectibles.

I'll think more! Feel free to message me, I sim daily :)

I have all the expansions and look forward to the new time traveling one, as well as Sims 4. I guess I would suggest Supernatural; it had a lot of funzies.

I just recently starting playing (my 14-year-old daughter got me hooked on it). We have:

Generations

Supernatural

Late Night

World Adventures

I -really- like Late Night (I love the urban feel of Bridgeport) and Supernatural (it's fun to play the vampires, witches, and such).

I enjoy the travel adventures on World Adventures, and -love- bringing back relics and goodies to add to my palatial mansion (that I downloaded from The Exchange on The Sims 3 website).

Pets is awesome. I probably spent more time breeding horses then I do with my sims. Supernatural is fun except for the zombie hordes. Seasons broke my video drivers, apparently my year old laptop wasn't good enough according to EA. I just got Generations and I'm enjoying it. Wait for one of the sales though and you can get them very inexpensively.

Hm. I have no expansion packs. I have all I can handle with the basic game. My 12-year-old daughter really wants the pet expansion, though.

I've got all the expansion packs :embarrassed:

I find I didn't get into the Sims 2 & 3 like I did with the Sims 1. I guess because I was 15 when the Sims 1 came out, so I had school holidays to play it in.

I'm really looking forward to playing the Sims again. Unfortunately my current laptop can't cope with it, it's nearly dead as it is, but I happened to order a new one today, so yay !

I really like seasons! I love the different weather effects; they add so much atmosphere to the game. But one thing to keep in mind about it is that it makes it more difficult for your Sim to do stuff outside because they are at risk of getting too hot or too cold, and also, plants go dormant when it gets cold outside. Although you can always use a cheat to get rid of the moodlet. I like supernatural, but I have to turn off the various creatures when I play a regular neighborhood or they will overtake the population and I get annoyed when literally every other person is some sort of creature. Generations adds some fun stuff, so does ambitions. Ambitions has a lot in it if you like the careers that are kind of mini-games rather than just the Sim disappearing into a rabbit hole. Showtime is the same way with the new careers and sim fests, it's pretty fun too. Late Night also adds stuff that I enjoyed but the celebrities get somewhat annoying so again, I turn them off sometimes. I have University but I haven't yet played a Sim in University so I don't know what it's like.

Well, and I WANTED to try out Late Night because Vampires, and was stupid enough to buy it as a download from EA/Origins.

Been busy with it for two days, and still haven't got my game. First, the Origin software wouldn't update, giving me an error and not allowing to use it. Had to redownload and reinstall, then it worked just fine.

Now the download of Late Night is jumping back and forth (from 44% to 26% and again, and again at different percentages).

The help pages are not useful, the page is confusing, the hotline is expensive and I have no idea how to get support for this issue. In other words, I am livid and will never buy anything from them again. :nenner:

I have most of them (will have to check tomorrow to see exactly which) and have quit playing if anyone would like them and is comfortable sharing their mailing address. I will cover shipping just to get them cleared out.

I don't really like the Sims 3, but I have Supernatural and some other expansion that I can't remember.

I feel like the facial/genetic controls have taken a huge backwards step compared to what they were like in the Sims 2 and my Sims in 3 never look the way I want them to look, which is offputting enough to me that I don't play. I own every major expansion for 2 and many of the minor ones, I still play 2.

The sims always end up looking a certain way after a few generations no matter how you start them, I think. Mine always end up brown haired with HUGE eyes.

I have Sims 2 (never liked Sims 3) with Business, University, Seasons, FreeTime and Apartment Life, along with a couple of stuff packs. Which one should be next? I'm thinking NightLife just to fill in some of the gaps.

Crazyforkate, it depends what you like doing. Pets is very cute and can be a lot of fun (you can download breeds that don't exist in the game and customise the animals, get them to have their own jobs and income and you can of course breed them). It comes with quite a lot of new furniture.

Nightlife lets you go out on dates (which are hard to score perfectly on unless you can get them to sleep with you, then it's easy LOL). If the date goes well the sim will sneak over to your sim's house and leave roses for you

Bon Voyage is a lot of fun. You get a whole list of secret items that you can find and collect, and there are new skills your sims can learn. I really enoyed Bon Voyage, I was sad to have to stop using it when I had to choose between running all the expansions and having massive amounts of custom content.

littlemommy - I always highly customised my base sims in body shop (especially their genetics) and I used custom content to do so, so they never defaulted. Since I used the same base face and just modified the features for all of my base sims they looked alike but would inherit different specific features from parents.

If you use non-genetic skins they will only inherit one or the other: if one sim is skin 1 and they have a baby with a sim who is skin 3 the baby will have skin 1 or 3, but if you use genetic skins - like the default skins - skin 1 and skin 3 would result in a baby with skin 2. The same applies to other genetic features such as eye and lip size, eye colour (which follows a very similar patter to what eye colour does in real life). You can ensure genetic diversity by not marrying like sims.

I would usually save before a birth and reset if the baby didn't have the 'right' hair/eye combo. Then again I was basing my sims on characters from stories I've written and such.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your play style. Of all of the expansion packs, I recommend Pets, Supernatural, and Seasons. They offer the most gameplay in my opinion.

I love the Sims 3, but I hope that the Sims 4 will have better building options. I really want to be able to build a house with a garage without a foundation, and a house that has one all together.

Archived