IGNORED

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

This is horrible. Warning for disturbing violence and hateful language at the link. It seems beyond ridiculous that this happened in 2011. We are not over or past racism. I wonder if these teenagers' parents modeled racism, or tolerated it, or if someone else in their lives inclined them towards it. It seems like it had to come from somewhere, I don't know. I feel so terrible for the victim's family. The murder was filmed by a security camera.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06 ... index.html

Jackson, Mississippi (CNN) -- On a recent Sunday morning just before dawn, two carloads of white teenagers drove to Jackson, Mississippi, on what the county district attorney says was a mission of hate: to find and hurt a black person.

I hesitated to reply to this since I'm going to be AWOL for a while.

With all respect, I'm not sure how this is FJ-related. Without any doubt, it's damnable ! But skin-color-violence continues in all directions. Sometimes the hatred is learnt at home, sometimes in the only "family" young people know -- gangs. Both situations are tragic beyond words.

But is any of this dominionism-related?

Just my thoughts.

Peace...

Guest Anonymous
I hesitated to reply to this since I'm going to be AWOL for a while.

With all respect, I'm not sure how this is FJ-related. Without any doubt, it's damnable ! But skin-color-violence continues in all directions. Sometimes the hatred is learnt at home, sometimes in the only "family" young people know -- gangs. Both situations are tragic beyond words.

But is any of this dominionism-related?

Just my thoughts.

Peace...

It isn't dominionism related, and if the mods feel it's better moved to Chatter or removed I don't have any problem with that. If people don't wish to discuss it that's okay. I felt it was relevant enough considering some of the related conversations we've been having here the past few days, and I was interested in hearing what FJers had to say because I was so taken aback, and the group tends to be so perceptive.

The tag underneath A Quiver Full of Snark states - "Childbearing. Childrearing. Gender equality. Religion. Race. Regionalism. A woman's right to her body. Money/welfare. My god, everything my mama and Miss Manners ever said NOT to talk about among strangers!!"

In light of that I don't think it's much more off topic than a lot of the news stories that we discuss, but I'm not going to argue that it's on topic or be upset if people consider it to be inappropriate, either.

*Edited because I can spell dominionism. It was a riffle, I swear!

It disgusts me how there is still so much hate against anyone who is not white. I mean, hell, we even see racism towards Muslims, calling them all terrorists, denying them to build Mosques in their city for the fear of "terrorist attack", etc. The sad thing is that racism exists not only here but in other countries as well. It bothers me to see people hating on others because of their skin color, religion, culture, etc.

I am watching this on HLN right now. So disturbing and horrifying, and I feel so sorry for this man's family, to say the least.

Racial hatred is horrible. There was also just a huge racial riot in Wisconsin resulting in serious injuries as well.

That scene is truly disturbing though. People are F'd up.

I'm not going to watch this video. My stomach is twisted in knots just thinking about it. Does he have a family? Are there places where someone can donate to them? I can't afford to help, but I hope there is some way that they can get help.

Things like this, they just shouldn't happen. Nothing will ever make this okay for any of the people who love the victim. Thinking Housewife, are you reading here? Can you see how your words contribute to this?

I'm not going to watch this video. My stomach is twisted in knots just thinking about it.

I can't watch it, either. I feel sick just knowing about it.

I could not watch it, either. I got the gist of it from an HLN report and when they showed part of the video, I hit the FF button for a couple seconds. It's so upsetting that people get hurt for no reason at all by people they don't even know over they way they were born. It's just so sad and tragic and maddening and. . .random. Sick.

The main perp here is a young man with a very troubled past. Seems like a sociopath (duh, I know, but seriously). He has hurt a lot of other kids and truly terrorized other kids in high school to the point that law enforcement had to become involved. He seems like he was a time bomb, in a way.

And like Jackson, MS really needs more attention drawn to it over racial issues.

Archived