IGNORED

Mouro family - God's plan uses near-tragedy for matchmaking

Cheetah

Does anyone else read this blog? Short version: dad's a doctor, mom used to be a bit of a party girl but found religion. They have 8 bio kids and had adopted 2 children from Africa but disrupted them one at a time. Toddler boy nearly drowned in a bucket of water last year but has made a full or nearly full recovery. I guess his near-tragedy has brought 2 different couples together.. the second announced their engagement this weekend: themourofamily.blogspot.com. I guess this was God's plan all along and why the baby nearly died. I hate that sort of reasoning.

Here's the link from when Truman nearly drowned: themourofamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/pray.html

Wow way to be so upbeat about one of your children almost dying. The couple has only really been talking for about three months and is going to be married in a month and a half? Talk about speed dating. But if things don't work out, I guess that'll be God's plan too.

This is yet another reason I would never ever worship the same God that fundies do. What kind of God is willing to kill or disable a child just to matchmake? Wait, I just remembered it's the same God that asked Abraham to sacrifice his son.

I'd never read that blog before but even by fundie blog standards, it looks pretty weird. Also, was it just me or does the author somehow bring everything around to her, her, her? It seems like every event report has something to do with a lesson to the author or being such a gift to her, etc...

Also, while I'm all for hospitality, I'm not sure about inviting all your blog readers to come to your house.

Archived