IGNORED

Single Bloggers

fundies_like_zombies

youngkeepersofthehome.wordpress.com/im-bored-single-and-still-living-at-home-with-my-mother

"We think that because we are still single we have a license to do what we want. We lay around and wait like our home with mom is temporary and sort of like a jail… ;) We sit around reading romantic novels and creating the perfect dream boy in our minds. We pin wedding ideas on Pinterest just to pass the time till that day really comes! Why? Because we are not content."

"The next time your mom asks you to help out when you were planning on doing something else, jump up and say “sure mom!†Think of it as good practice. How would you do it if your husband asked you? “What honey?! Make your own sandwich!†;) No. I don’t think so…"

vionnaswatching.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/capable-wife

"Ladies, screw this whole we live in the 21st century bullshit attitude. A man is still a man,whether you like it or not,he will still want to be treated the way his mother treats him. I used to wonder why my mum,no matter how tired she would be from work,whether it’s 9pm,she would never allow the maid to cook for my dad. She would always do it,and the heartwarming smile on my dad’s face said it all. The fact that she made an effort,showed him she cared. My mum is the epitome of the capable wife described in Proverbs 31,especially verse 30:â€Charm may be false,and prettiness may be vain,but the woman who fears God is the one that procures praise for herself.†I pray and hope to one day be like her. Like my mama always says,the most ugly trait a woman could ever have is laziness. Whatever century you think you might be living in ladies,the ratchet behaviour is wanting. Strive to be the capable wife mentioned in Proverbs 31."

If my mom (works part-time) didn't want to cook, she would sometimes order take-out, and ask my dad to pick it up on his way home from work. I know, shocker, he actually had to do something himself. Other times we would have leftovers. If my dad had time or on the weekends, he would cook.

If a man wants to be treated the way his mother treats him, perhaps he should still be living with his mother. Then again, I feel like if you've done your job as a mother, your son will be able to take care of himself.

Just noticed that most of the bloggers i read (that aren't family blogs like Maxwells) are single and mid 20s. Wonder if the happy front will last into mid 30s

My husband got a real kick out of the movie Pleasantville. His favorite thing to do ever since he saw it has become when he comes home late, to stalk around the kitchen, opening and closing the oven, saying "Where's my dinner?!" He has a whole routine laid out. :D

That said, sure we do things for each other. It's nice to do things for the people you care about, and I know he works late, and it's appreciated when I re-heat something for him when he comes home. Other times I won't. If I'm tired, or its really late, or I'm doing something else (like sitting in the den watching Dance Moms :embarrassed: ) it's not a big deal to either of us to say dinner's in the fridge. He's a grown up and knows damn well how to work a microwave.

"Ladies, screw this whole we live in the 21st century bullshit attitude. A man is still a man,whether you like it or not,he will still want to be treated the way his mother treats him. I used to wonder why my mum,no matter how tired she would be from work,whether it’s 9pm,she would never allow the maid to cook for my dad. She would always do it,and the heartwarming smile on my dad’s face said it all. The fact that she made an effort,showed him she cared. My mum is the epitome of the capable wife described in Proverbs 31,especially verse 30:â€Charm may be false,and prettiness may be vain,but the woman who fears God is the one that procures praise for herself.†I pray and hope to one day be like her. Like my mama always says,the most ugly trait a woman could ever have is laziness. Whatever century you think you might be living in ladies,the ratchet behaviour is wanting. Strive to be the capable wife mentioned in Proverbs 31."

Has she been discussed here before? I took a quick look at her blog, and it looks like she's a single African woman, living on her own. I get a weird vibe from her blog, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

If a man wants to be treated the way his mother treats him, perhaps he should still be living with his mother. Then again, I feel like if you've done your job as a mother, your son will be able to take care of himself.

Spot on! The point of parenting is to raise self-reliant adults who are able to think on their own.

I would never marry a man whose mother still cooks all his food and does all his laundry when he's an adult.

youngkeepersofthehome.wordpress.com/im-bored-single-and-still-living-at-home-with-my-mother

"We think that because we are still single we have a license to do what we want. We lay around and wait like our home with mom is temporary and sort of like a jail… ;) We sit around reading romantic novels and creating the perfect dream boy in our minds. We pin wedding ideas on Pinterest just to pass the time till that day really comes! Why? Because we are not content."

"The next time your mom asks you to help out when you were planning on doing something else, jump up and say “sure mom!†Think of it as good practice. How would you do it if your husband asked you? “What honey?! Make your own sandwich!†;) No. I don’t think so…"

Not sure how this verse relates to her mother in the context that she describes. What does fearing God have to do with housekeeping and cooking?

I guess her point is that women go to hell unless they learn right quick to make that damn sammich for their men. :roll:

Ok, I just have to pipe in here. I'm a sahm homeschooling mom to 3 boys. And you know, even my 9 year old does his own laundry. My 13 year old can make a really yummy loaf of bread and a rockin' cheesecake. My 11 year old can totally prepare a healthy meal when necessary. Although I'm generally in charge of the meals in the house since I'm home and my hubby works, he is perfectly capable of getting himself food when he is hungry.

I guess that I'm hoping that their future wives will treat them the same way I do. You know, do some laundry occasionally and make dinner sometimes! (back to lurkdom)

I would never marry a man whose mother still cooks all his food and does all his laundry when he's an adult.

I might have married him if she would have done the same for a daughter-in-law! I've been cooking for the family since I was 12 (two working parents and I actually liked to cook back then) and doing my own laundry since my mother declared her independence from the laundry room when I was 13. Having someone else fold my underwear clothes sounds great.

Why do so many fundies quote the "treat men like their mom was taken care of them" to convince women that they need to be slaves to their husbands? I'm a woman who was raised with a brother by a stay at home mom. Hubby was raised by a stay at home mom. All kids involved knew how to cook, clean and maintain themselves as an adult. None of us were raised with the stereotype of women do laundry and housework while men work to provide. We were all raised with the idea of, this is what you need to do to make your life not like a pig sty.

And yes, while I am an evil working mom my children still have chores that they need to do everyday that are things they will need to live life. My boys know how to do laundry, cook themselves food and pick up after themselves. This isn't me me trying to make my sons feminine. It's me trying to teach them skills to survive in life. If hubby ever went hungry because I was working late and he couldn't feed the family he would be on cooking duty for a month! It doesn't matter if the mom in a situation is exhausted from working outside the house or if the mom is exhausted from taking care of the family, if you love that person you are willing to step up and help because you love them, not because a god tells you too.

Seriously, to the bloggers who feel the need to explain why they must be miserable to make god happy...get off the cross, we could use the wood.

I wonder what those ladies would have to say about my husband. Right now, we are seriously considering switching roles. He is working but he hates his job, and my maternity leave is up this month. So, I have applied for several full-time jobs in the area (that are in my field of study :cracking-up: ) and if I am accepted, he will end up staying at home with our daughter and upgrading his education. I am pumped about being able to get out of the house and he can't wait to stay home with our daughter. I don't know what those ladies would say about a SAHDad who loves cooking, can clean a house like a pro, and wants to take care of his daughter!

My husband makes me a sandwich. Seriously. He's the cook in the family. In fact, I ask him to make me food when he comes home. It's not that I can't do it, I just don't want too.

Being a mother to your husband is kinda creepy!

home-keepinghearts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/single-and-27.html

"It sometimes feels like everyone is getting married and settling down. It seems like getting married is the big grown up step to take in life.""Sometimes I wonder about God's plan for me and question and push and generally stomp my feet and demand my own way like a fractious toddler! I would love a road sign or two just to show that I am on the right track as it is easy to feel like life is rushing on and on and I am standing still. I have to be careful as I know that, if I let it get hold, then these sinful thoughts will embed themselves into my mind. Negative influences can come in many forms. Some are so obvious and easy to avoid but others, the dangerous ones, are more subtle and insidious. "

I never understood this idea fundie women have that they must treat their husbands like overgrown sons. I have often told my husband that I am NOT his mother and will expect that he can pick after himself (he did minimal chores as a child and carried some bad habits into adulthood).

If these men are so manly and commanding, then why do they need to be catered to like a child? It's one thing to separate household chores, it's another to proclaim that men cannot do this or that simply because they are men and must avoid womenly tasks. I do the laundry at home but my husband is capable of doing it as well if the need arises. He does not need me to remind him to change his clothes, blot out stains or add a serving of vegetables (ok maybe a little bit on the last one....). A man who is incapable of taking care of himself is not a man worthy of "leadership", I'm not sure he's even worthy of being a father. After all, how can children look up to someone who is so incapable of taking care of his own needs?

If some guy needed me to be his slave in order to feel like a man, then thanks but no thanks. I'd prefer someone who felt like a man because he is a contributing member of society, good father (if he had kids or wanted them) and can take care of himself. Just like I feel like a woman because I am a contributing member of society, good mother and can take care of myself. It doesn't matter if the contribution is to your family or in a workplace.

I have always struggled to see how overgrown man-children are seen as "real men" by these fundie women. A grown man who cannot cook, clean or look after kids by himself is the furthest thing from a man I can think of!

I have always struggled to see how overgrown man-children are seen as "real men" by these fundie women. A grown man who cannot cook, clean or look after kids by himself is the furthest thing from a man I can think of!

Because "real men" don't cook, clean or look after kids by himself.

You clearly have emasculated your husband by your evil feminist ways if he cooks for you, cleans the house and looks after the kids. It's unnatural for "real menz" to do wimminz work dontcha know :naughty:

Proud to say that my 9-yr-old boy has been making matzo balls since he was 3, and is an expert at cutting up a cucumber and tomato salad and setting the table. Hope future daughter-in-law appreciates this.

Huh, when I was in graduate school my husband used to make dinner all the time. Like, "every night" all the time.

Pray on THAT, fundies.

I used to wonder why my mum,no matter how tired she would be from work,whether it’s 9pm,she would never allow the maid to cook for my dad.

They had a maid? Shouldn't the mother have been taking care of the home all by herself?

They had a maid? Shouldn't the mother have been taking care of the home all by herself?

Ha, ha, I vote she just has her True Christian[tm][/tm] card revoked!!!

Ha, ha, I vote she just has her True Christian[tm][/tm] card revoked!!!

Yup! Pretty weird blog really.

Archived