IGNORED

Upcoming Christian Movie-Grace Unplugged

lilwriter85

http://graceunplugged.com/about

Having just turned 18, Grace Trey aspires to more than just singing at her church, where the worship leader is her father—a former pop star. So, with the help of Mossy, her dad's former manager, Grace records a cover version of her dad's old Top-10 hit, runs off to Los Angeles, and begins to taste the kind of stardom she's always dreamed about.

Yet with each rung of the ladder she climbs, Grace feels more and more pressure to compromise her values, further straining her relationship with her parents. Will everything she experiences lead her to reject her faith … or rediscover it? GRACE UNPLUGGED opens in theaters October 4.

Of course she isn't going to reject her faith, she will rediscover it. That is how all these sorts of movies go.

Then she'll get signed to a generic christian label where she'll sing soulless, generic worship music till the days she dies. :)

Of course she isn't going to reject her faith, she will rediscover it. That is how all these sorts of movies go.

Yea, it's totally predictable. If she rejects it, it will only be for a short time.

Yea, it's totally predictable. If she rejects it, it will only be for a short time.

I agree, that's how all those movies go.

During which time she will become a drug addict, an alcoholic, a whore, and possibly even a thief, at the same time and all at once.

She will come to a point where there is a definite choice....does she sleep with the good looking guy, take a hit off a joint, or take a drink? No, she'll think of her family and God.....movie over.

Nah, she'll probably just date a non-Christian guy.

But she will convert him and they will live happily fucking ever after. Vomit! I bet Smuggar will be sporting a Grace Unplugged tshirt shortly. Then he can throw away that courageous one he wears all the time.

I wonder if this was loosely inspired by Katy Perry?

I wonder if this was loosely inspired by Katy Perry?

I'm kind of wondering about that too. The part of the plot about a former pop star dad reminded of David Cassidy and his daughter Katie. When Katie was a teenager in the early 00s, she tried to make it as a pop star. She did a cover version of I Think I Love You. David was against her pursuing music and Katie never made it big as a singer and then went into acting. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie was based on Katy Perry and the Cassidys.

I do like the premise of the movie, but not way-too-predictable ending. :?

Archived