IGNORED

Kelly Bradrick and Doug Phillips is More Than A Tool

nelliebelle1197

This is not new information and I am sure most of you know this, but the Kelly Bradrick story in the Botkin girls post made me curious. I thought some other newbies like me might be interested. This blog recounts Kelly's life in an interesting way. But the part that struck me is the video about half way down the page. Doug Phillips is not just a tool, he is truly frightening if this is the type of devotion he inspires.

ingridgraceandaudrey.blogspot.com/2012/06/portrait-of-lady.html

Wow. Doug inspired a love for mother hood in Kelly's heart? He had long talks with her and her papa? It is creepy.

I enjoyed reading the article. Is it your blog? Some of the commenters who defend Vision Forum are just nutty.

Nelliebelle that's so funny, I was just about to post this! I went looking for an article that Kelly wrote about her family's transition to full-on fundie (which I can't find) and came across this. The blogger mentions something that I don't remember us discussing - that VF scrubbed their website and the Phillips kids' Flickrs to remove all proof of Kelly and Geneva having gone on the Rome trip two weeks after Geneva's birth, since that trip resulted in Kelly almost losing her life. Just when I think it can't get creepier...

Doug Phillips is a Tool.

I went looking for an article that Kelly wrote about her family's transition to full-on fundie (which I can't find) and came across this....Doug Phillips is a Tool.

Did Kelly actually write about this? Would love to read it if you are able to find it again.

Did Kelly actually write about this? Would love to read it if you are able to find it again.

She did! I'm like 99.9% sure! :lol: Does anyone else remember this? Most of it was about her dad imposing new modesty rules on her, and she might have been as old as 15 or 16 at the time (of the modesty rules) and maybe in her early 20s when the article was written. It was very much a "I saw the light, my dad is so wise, God is soooooo good!" kind of article.

This is the first article that I found written by her

storage.cloversites.com/hopebaptistchurch/documents/Bradrick%20-%20Sisters%20Call.pdf

Is it the right one?

Kelly makes me the saddest out of all of them. Her father is such a self righteous douchbag who married her off to the highest bidder. What choice did she have but this life? She has been brainwashed to believe this is how it is, this is how a Christian woman lives. 5 children in 7 years would be unbearable. But to have to suffer in silence because your opinions don't matter, your feelings don't matter and all of this started with her father is sad. Shame on her father and mother for this. Wouldn't you want more for your children than to be a broodmare?

This was not my blog; I just thought the article was interesting (as did another great mind!). This poor girl; she is just heartbreaking. I cannot bear to think how her body is feeling after everything these men have put her through. And her mind and emotions....

Kelly makes me the saddest out of all of them. Her father is such a self righteous douchbag who married her off to the highest bidder. What choice did she have but this life? She has been brainwashed to believe this is how it is, this is how a Christian woman lives. 5 children in 7 years would be unbearable. But to have to suffer in silence because your opinions don't matter, your feelings don't matter and all of this started with her father is sad. Shame on her father and mother for this. Wouldn't you want more for your children than to be a broodmare?

Kelly, like her siblings, is adopted. I seriously doubt she will ever initiate a search for her birth family but I sure hope her birthmother or a sibling searches for Kelly. Maybe, just maybe finding out about her birth family might wake her up to realize there is another way to live.

She did! I'm like 99.9% sure! :lol: Does anyone else remember this? Most of it was about her dad imposing new modesty rules on her, and she might have been as old as 15 or 16 at the time (of the modesty rules) and maybe in her early 20s when the article was written. It was very much a "I saw the light, my dad is so wise, God is soooooo good!" kind of article.

Yes, I remember it. And no, the pdf in the next post isn't it.

This is the first article that I found written by her

storage.cloversites.com/hopebaptistchurch/documents/Bradrick%20-%20Sisters%20Call.pdf

Is it the right one?

Unfortunately no, the one I remember was shorter and more personal. I'll keep digging!

QFT! I remember someone from here posting a link to one of BRADRICK'S!! blog entries (??) about how impressed he was when he was courting her that she (without missing a beat in the conversation) dropped to the ground and rolled underneath a barb-wire fence so she wouldn't have to commit the immodest and unmaidenly act of climbing over, and wouldn't defraud BRADRICK and her father. :pull-hair:

I feel sorry for her.

ETA: Silly me for not following the link--for those of you who have not heard the story I mention above, it's right there in this blog entry. :embarrassed:

Is she pregnant again yet? Its about time she dropped another crotch fruit I think. Old Big Ears must be slacking if she isn't.

Is she pregnant again yet? Its about time she dropped another crotch fruit I think. Old Big Ears must be slacking if she isn't.

Her youngest is what, 14 months old (wasn't he born last May?). That's the longest between births in her marriage, I think.

Sippy up surely isn't slacking. Her body is probably so traumatized it cannot carry another baby. It hasn't even recovered from the first pregnancy, much less the fifth. She's already been used up. You can't put your body through hell and expect it to keep going.

I've been expecting her to be pregnant since last summer, right after the last kid. If she ain't knocked up by now, maybe there is a god and he/she is closing her womb to keep her alive for the blessings already given.

Archived