IGNORED

Do Any of You Ever Wear Denim skirts?

luckylassie

I have 2 denim skirts. I like longer skirts (then I don't have to worry about how I sit! Plus they cover up all the bruises on my legs--I bruise very easily). :)

I have a super cute pleated short one I wear with tights and an ankle length one that I actually haven't worn yet.

i was just thinking about the Duggar fashion. Do you think that the denim skirt look is casual or just too fancy or odd?

I had a couple of pairs, but I tried them on recently for the Beloved and he said they'd gotten obscene, so they're probably going to Goodwill.

...oh, you mean longer than 12"?

I wear denim skirts... mini ones that cover my lady bits when its hot out. If I want a long skirt I go for flowy. Otherwise I find long denim skirts heavy and uncomfortable. I like my legs to breathe but more power to those who wear them.

I do all the time. My denim skirts go to mid-calf & they're extremely comfortable & cool in warm weather.

You'd think I was a fundie gal - until I opened my mouth, that is.

I too have a long denim skirt, with a kick pleat even. Got it from a frum clothing website that sends me endless advertisements... but, it's comfortable. Of course, I had to wear a school uniform that was a mid-calf skirt for years, so for IF I'm going to wear a skirt (rather than pants) it's the length that feels comfortable and free to move in. I wear sneakers with it, too - no one has ever accused me of being fashionable...

I have a couple, one above the knee length jean style, and one ankle length that I made myself, but I don't think it would be fundie-approved because it has slits up to the knees on both sides. I think I might have a below the knee length A-line one around here somewhere, too.

One, that hits just above the knee and has a slit in the back. I don't think that any fundie family would approve of how nicely it shapes my rear end, but I know my partner certainly does. ;)

I have a knee-length denim skirt. I wear it in the summer as a sort of skirt-casual look. In fact, I wore it yesterday with a funky printed t-shirt and a pair of cute sandals.

I had an ankle-length one when I was six or seven. However, I usually wore it with this kiddie version of a tube top, so it wouldn't be fundie-approved aha.

When I was a bit older, around 8-10, I wore the ones that came above my knee. But I really dislike wearing skirts; I find it to be uncomfortable. When I got old enough to actually buy and pick my own clothes (mom usually picked for me until I was 10), I stopped buying skirts altogether. Although I have two skirts for special occasions, but they're not denim, and admittedly, they're both very short :oops:

I own one denim skirt..it's comes to a little above the knee and has two small slits on the side.

Skirt and dress-wise I love long, flowy, hippie-type skirts and dresses..during the spring and summer I wear those long cotton drawstring skirts (what I call my "Deadhead skirts" :happy-hippy: ) with a tank top because it's comfortable.

This is a bit off topic... . I bought a frumper at the thrift shop this weekend. I don't wear a lot of them, but this was a really nice CJ banks frumper. Sigh. I spend too much time on Free Jinger.

In the mid-nineties (aka The NeverEnding Source of Fundie Fashion) I owned a slim skirt that was knee-length and appropriate for me, a middle-schooler. In college I had a few minis, but honestly pants have always been more flattering on me (I'm short). Now I'm in love with the leggings-and-skirt or dresses combo, because it's just so darn comfy, but everything's soft fabrics, not denim. I would be very hard-pressed to ever wear a knee-length or longer denim skirt, specifically due to our fundie friends.

Archived